Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is Airdrop and how it works?
#Airdrop - 9 (75%)
#Cryptocurrency - 3 (25%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrop  (Read 555 times)
ICO Enthusiast (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:58:14 AM

What is Airdrop and how it works?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 12:34:28 PM

Hello ICO Enthusiast,

To put it simply, an airdrop is what you could call a give-away of coins/tokens in exchange for a small effort. When a certain project or company in the cryptocurrency space wants to create buzz or hype around their product they launch an airdrop. This means that if you store your coins in a certain wallet or hold a certain coin you will get another coin/token deposited in your wallet for free. An example of this is that in 2017 holders of Ethereum got a certain amount of OmiseGo for free in a promotional effort for OmiseGo.

However we advise you to watch out with certain Airdrops, they are also methods for scammers to gain access to your data. Always check if these are actual airdrops on the official website of that company. Be careful when providing these companies with your personal details and never give information to these companies concerning your private keys.

With Kind Regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:37:43 PM

What is Airdrop and how it works?
Airdrop is free coin instantly. We can earn 200$ every week through the True airdrop. Because there are some airdrops now they only get the identity and details or gmails just to hack it. So now I am not an airdrop hunter because airdrop now is not like before.
8andriz

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:22:49 PM

Airdrop is marketing plan. it's free or lower fees.
cute nmp

Activity: 1666
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:34:01 PM

Air drop is a marketing plan but I think not much is gain in airdrop and sometimes if you are un lucky you dont receive anything

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
bananapeelfeed

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:07:35 PM

Airdrops are free cryptocurrency. Most are built on the Ethereum platform and function as tokens. To receive them you just need an ERC20 wallet like My Ether Wallet.

Then you can start your hunt for

AIRDROPS THAT MAYBE DON'T SUCK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoNKjUxXkp-g0Etn5XZdD8lD3FiUngY8GfDNNoAWGPc

Like this one.

https://gonetwork.co/airdrop

Winners of ETHWaterloo - the world's largest Ethereum hackathon. I bet you didn't know about that.

Check out the Google spreadsheet for an active, ongoing list of other airdrops that maybe don't suck. I update it daily.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:36:52 PM

The answers below are partially correct.

Airdrops are free cryptocurrency. Most are built on the Ethereum platform and function as tokens. To receive them you just need an ERC20 wallet like My Ether Wallet.

Air drop is a marketing plan but I think not much is gain in airdrop and sometimes if you are un lucky you dont receive anything

Airdrop is free coin instantly.

The "Airdrop" is a coin/token distribution method, where you (the investor) has to to do one of the following things:
(1) Own the currency that is the target of a hard for, e.g., Bitcoin Cash was airdropped to all owners of Bitcoin near the end of 2017, OR
(2) Sign up for a new cryptocurrency's notification distribution model, e.g., the new crypto currency is giving away free coins as part of their initial coin offering

The latter is more risky than the hard fork approach, for the investor. If a new cryptocurrency needs to give their coins away for free (and is not involved in a hard fork attempt) their business model for the coin/token must be very, very weak. If they had a better business model people would want to participate in their ICO.

Participating in Airdrops is gambling on something that currently has zero value and has a very possibility of becoming worth something in the future. Think of it as a free lottery ticket for a lottery that has a mediocre payout.

We can earn 200$ every week through the True airdrop.

This is a flat out lie. No one is making $200/week from airdrop distributions of new tokens. These tokens aren't even worth anything at the start. And if they are, you need another independent exchange to support the new token for you to ever exchange it for another currency.

BabyBoss is working for a token issuer that's about to conduct their ICO, and he/she isn't even participating in an airdrop...they're receiving income for services rendered!
JasperVS11

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:37:41 PM

ICO and Airdrop Community

If you want you can join the ICO and Airdrop community. I spend a fair amount of time a day to investigate the potential of each airdrop. That way I try to filter out the airdrops that have some real value. These valuable airdrops will be posted in the group together with some extra information about the project.

Feel free to join by using this link: https://t.me/joinchat/FTuL-Q4leB38XkixiCJTCA
wittdaniele

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:24:08 PM

Do you guys no about any airdrops?
AlinyatinA1990

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:16:00 PM

To the above, I will add that the members of the community who were given the coin can help the coin to exit the exchange. Usually on the exchange, the listing is bought for money, but exchanges often hold a survey, where the community chooses which coin they want to see on the exchange.
bananapeelfeed

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:28:25 AM

Check out my daily-updated list of airdrops here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoNKjUxXkp-g0Etn5XZdD8lD3FiUngY8GfDNNoAWGPc

It's easy to read and use.
Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:22:20 AM

Airdrop is one of the best way to earn funds.
Only to do is to fill the form and follow the given task
Task can read in every form so you never confious

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptobucs

Activity: 77

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:02:16 AM

I kept searching for an airdrops previously in twitter then finally I was invited to join one telegram channel which posting airdrop summary links and saved my time. Hope it will help. Here is the link https://t.me/airdropsadmin
Zackmatthew

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:16:20 AM

airdrop is awarding them to existing  holders of a particular blockchain and this is a procedure of distributing tokens. and its such as a bitcoin or ethereum  and there are two ways ceators distribute their tokens  the first is the selecting random wallets and lastly publishing the event in airdrop lists.and last i think this is the best way to earned.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:58:00 AM

Airdrops mean some ICO projects are offering their tokens for small tasks. Join their telegram group, Retweet etc. If you did that tasks correctly you will receive their tokens in your wallet. You need ERC20 (Myetherwallet, Metmask) and NEP-5 (Neotracker, Neon Wallet) tokens supported wallet to get their tokens. Most projects are Ethereum based projects. You can use ERC20 tokens supported wallet for it. In these days most airdrop campaigns are the scam. Don't give your private keys to anywhere.
BCHachiman

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 05:17:12 PM

The answers below are partially correct.

Airdrop is free coin instantly.

The "Airdrop" is a coin/token distribution method, where you (the investor) has to to do one of the following things:
(1) Own the currency that is the target of a hard for, e.g., Bitcoin Cash was airdropped to all owners of Bitcoin near the end of 2017, OR
(2) Sign up for a new cryptocurrency's notification distribution model, e.g., the new crypto currency is giving away free coins as part of their initial coin offering

The latter is more risky than the hard fork approach, for the investor. If a new cryptocurrency needs to give their coins away for free (and is not involved in a hard fork attempt) their business model for the coin/token must be very, very weak. If they had a better business model people would want to participate in their ICO.

Participating in Airdrops is gambling on something that currently has zero value and has a very possibility of becoming worth something in the future. Think of it as a free lottery ticket for a lottery that has a mediocre payout.

We can earn 200$ every week through the True airdrop.

This is a flat out lie. No one is making $200/week from airdrop distributions of new tokens. These tokens aren't even worth anything at the start. And if they are, you need another independent exchange to support the new token for you to ever exchange it for another currency.

BabyBoss is working for a token issuer that's about to conduct their ICO, and he/she isn't even participating in an airdrop...they're receiving income for services rendered!

True. Thats why many newbies keep signing up all airdrop They see because many people hype it that they earn $200 + a week A big lie as if all ico distributes their airdrop  tokens in just a week to earn that much
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:28:24 PM

To put it simply, an airdrop is what you could call a give-away of coins/tokens in exchange for a small effort. This means that if you store your coins in a certain wallet or hold a certain coin you will get another coin/token deposited in your wallet for free.
Thats sounds sooooooooooooooo shady. Whole this ICO stuff which then build another scam layers on top of it should ended long time ago. Even google banned crypto adds because of ICO's ongoing scams :/.
Just stop, use crypto, dont mess with layers of bad things on top of it.
Tendou_Karen

Activity: 444
Merit: 13

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:39:20 PM

Дoбpый дeнь пpeдыдyщиe кoммeнтapии вce cyть oзвyчили , eщe xoтeл дoбaвить нacчeт зapaбoткa здecь бeз peфepaлoв бyдyт нe тaк дoxoднo

I just want to telling you that you were not supposed to used Russian Language here, it's belong only on Local Thread, you should use English only.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:18:59 PM

Airdrops are basically free money and can be delivered through forks, ICOs, etc. A well-known examples of an airdrop is when Bitcoin Cash gave current Bitcoin holders an equivalent amount of Bitcoin Cash. If you want more information, you might find this link helpful:

Bit.ly/2qdKJjh

Cheers!
eijikaido11

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:08:57 PM

Airdrop is another way to earn $$ for free just be careful. Airdrops can be used as a means of rewarding loyal customers with free cryptocurrency tokens. This serves as an incentive that can assure continued patronage on such platforms. This type of airdrop mirrors the voucher and discount giveaways of non-[Suspicious link removed]panies in the mainstream commercial world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: