Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:01:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Consensus in May and Big Institutional Investments  (Read 321 times)
SergiuDemerji (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:01:20 PM

People are talking about consensus in May and big institutional investments coming in.

What’s everyone’s opinion on this?

Last year there was also Consensus in May and while it raised awareness about crypto there wasn’t much of an immediate fluctuation on Bitcoin and crypto in general. (End of July and past then is when it really started to make huge gains).

Nobody knows for sure obviously but I’d be interested in hearing educated opinions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hello4x

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:39:49 PM

People are talking about consensus in May and big institutional investments coming in.

Last year there was also Consensus in May and while it raised awareness about crypto there wasn’t much of an immediate fluctuation on Bitcoin and crypto in general. (End of July and past then is when it really started to make huge gains).

Nobody knows for sure obviously but I’d be interested in hearing educated opinions.

The truth is no one knows.  Ppl have said many things, ‘experts’ have said March, April, May etc.  Don’t listen to anyone and DYOR.  I’m part of many groups and have purchased many reports and they’re all wrong.  Even the ‘legend’, Cliff High, has been wrong....
TommyAMD

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:10:48 PM

There is no definite clear position and it is not possible to predict any outcome and in which direction the fluctuation of the crypto market will actually occur. Although you can listen to the opinion of experts.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:27:19 PM

May concensus will only bring forth good publicity and possible more real world use cases of Bitcoin and crypto(as a currency) but I wonder why everyone is so excited about it despite the fact that their decisions that will happen there is still uncertain? What if the concensus doesn't end well for all of us? Im no expert to understand why everyone is so hyped about it, but what I do know is that it will boost cryptocurrency.markets and might trigger another bullish trend.
Mschwarz

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:42:43 PM

The problem is that crypto market is easily to manipulate. Everyone is expecting the growth of Bitcoin and altcoins during the Consensus, but the outcome may be different
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:17:52 PM

Any publicity is good publicity. If we can get a news station to pick up on the event, then expect more people to come into the crypto world. It's just like when Bitcoin hits all time highs and gets blasted all over the news. We always end up getting a bunch of new users coming in and increasing the market cap. I think we'll do well if we can get some publicity.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:33:35 PM

It looks like everyone is expecting a big pump during this consensus event like the year before so I don't think it will happen, usually the opposite happen Bitcoin now is crashing

yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:34:44 AM

So much for consensus being our savior, it looks like some asshole whales are hell bent on ruining the parade.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:00:41 AM

now consensus is ongoing, but the market has not moved up. I am pessimistic, consensus does not have a good impact and gives growth to the market. will it wait any longer?
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:51:26 AM

now consensus is ongoing, but the market has not moved up. I am pessimistic, consensus does not have a good impact and gives growth to the market. will it wait any longer?

Thats true. Consensus this year has been so far underwhelming for the market in contrast to what happened last year. Its the bear market. It indicates that no amount of "good news" can push the bulls if the bears are, right now, dominating them.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:39:43 AM

things like this usually increase awareness but they won't bring in that many investors. and it mainly will affect bitcoin because it is useful. there are a lot of advertisement in these for ICOs and shitcoins though which will make things even worse and make everything look bad.

So much for consensus being our savior, it looks like some asshole whales are hell bent on ruining the parade.

maybe they wanted one last shot at the cheaper coins while testing the support strength in the market at the same time before letting the price shoot up to the moon Cheesy

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:01:16 AM

things like this usually increase awareness but they won't bring in that many investors. and it mainly will affect bitcoin because it is useful. there are a lot of advertisement in these for ICOs and shitcoins though which will make things even worse and make everything look bad.

maybe they wanted one last shot at the cheaper coins while testing the support strength in the market at the same time before letting the price shoot up to the moon Cheesy
its most likely the mt gox dick head, Id like to hit em right in the beak.
GCP17

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:06:58 AM

Can't argue with 8k ppl turning up for very expensive tickets for one event. There's a good number of institutionals at Consensus. If they add money to the crypto system, why not?
Viking81

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:23:29 AM

Just can't understand why there is such a strong hype around the Consensus. It is just a forum though major one for the crypto community. There are no decision-making process, no new crypto regulations establishment, no istitutional investments agreements, etc, but just discussions. When the market was much smaller the Consensus was a strong market-maker event of course that attracted new people and investments to the market. But the bigger the market is the less direct influence such events will exert on it and on BTC price.

Fusion $FSN
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:49:07 AM

Just can't understand why there is such a strong hype around the Consensus. It is just a forum though major one for the crypto community. There are no decision-making process, no new crypto regulations establishment, no istitutional investments agreements, etc, but just discussions. When the market was much smaller the Consensus was a strong market-maker event of course that attracted new people and investments to the market. But the bigger the market is the less direct influence such events will exert on it and on BTC price.

lol yeah. People expect consensus help pump the price but it rarely does and even if it does, it doesn't even last for that long. It helps bring community together and discuss future endeavor which is much more important, but as far as price is concerned, I don't think it's going anywhere due to consensus hype.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:49:16 AM

The truth is no one knows.  Ppl have said many things, ‘experts’ have said March, April, May etc.  Don’t listen to anyone and DYOR.  I’m part of many groups and have purchased many reports and they’re all wrong.  Even the ‘legend’, Cliff High, has been wrong....

You are absolutely right, I agree with you.
Now I just hold the coins and I'll sell them later at the right time. When bitcoin is back at $ 20,000 or higher!

Buy coins, hold and sell on profit.
Viking81

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:18:35 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 08:37:34 AM by Viking81

lol yeah. People expect consensus help pump the price but it rarely does and even if it does, it doesn't even last for that long. It helps bring community together and discuss future endeavor which is much more important, but as far as price is concerned, I don't think it's going anywhere due to consensus hype.
Absolutely agree on the importance of the Consensus to bring community together and to directly exchange opinions/ideas. Very interesting event to participate in or just simply watch discussions.  

Fusion $FSN
KJMZNine

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:35:07 AM

Really cool that we have this event in May man! I saw some statistics that Bitcoin and the most altcoins gone up in the price the last year after then Consensus event. So I am a dirty gambler and I bought in at bitmex and I will try my luck.  Roll Eyes
xXLimbXx

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:55:22 AM

Everyone is expecting a huge pump however we are seeing the opposite. It might be that the bull run will come after the Consensus conference but honestly I dont think it will happen until there is some regulation in place which would allow institutional investors to enter the market.
jeda2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:01:17 PM

Although crypto money investors have entered into a large uptrend, I am not so hopeful. A similar situation was at the G20 summit, and people were very hopeful, but the desired gains did not occur as legal steps were not taken.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: