Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:25:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Need Advice) Good laptop for running linux mint 16 ??  (Read 1201 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:29:30 AM

Need a 13 inch portable good bat life laptop for my wife.

she has an ultra book asus and loves the hardware but hates the OS (windows 8.1)

iv had bad luck in the past with buying laptops for linux and then linux not being able to use all the hardware cuz drivers and thus being forced to use windows Sad

anyway need something for her....

and then for me i need something more powerful, and bigger. bat life and portability is not that important.

money is not a problem but if can buy from bitcoinstore.com that is a plus. btc wtf.

my idea i have now is to get her a apple air and me a pro as i have heard good things about it operating with linux.

i had bad luck with asus and linux, my fav brand.

any ideas welcome, thanks

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:54:24 AM

Hope this helps.....  http://www.zdnet.com/system76-introduces-new-high-end-ubuntu-linux-laptops-7000016816/

Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:16:20 AM

Dell's been working with Ubuntu as well, this laptop is nice but probably overkill. I'd suggest shopping for a few laptops first and then researching their compatibility with Linux, since I've never had driver problems on any computer I used (except for a wireless card and an out-of-date distro, but that wasn't too hard to resolve). Laptops are a bit different from desktops Linux-driver-wise, though, so definitely research before you buy. I've had good luck with Dell, but as always, YMMV.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: