Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:52:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get merits (guide)  (Read 441 times)
Geraldo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:30:18 AM

I felt a bit sad about how people tried to get merits. A day ago I found a newbie thread asking "HOW TO GET MERIT?" that's the exact title (capitalized). I saw almost similar suggestions from other members in a few pages. Somethings like this:

make a quality post,
make useful info,
help to solve another member trouble, etc.

even some people suggesting unuseful one such as:

buying an account,
merits exchange, etc.

And this is the wise way to get merits (Geraldo Version).

1. Just say's, Merits is nothing. Why? Because merits came to you when you were doing something useful, doing the right things, whatever good things. Don't be burdened by Merit, remember cause merit is nothing (that's only prize of what you do).

2. Keep spread positive things.

3. Post on the topic that you really mastered.

If you are GPUs miners
Go to Altcoin discussion, help other people that troubled with their rig, when you have useful info, give the community that info, and so on.

If you are the coders
Go to software sections (I don't know where is that, since I was only active in Altcoin mining,  Cheesy).

If you are traders
Find some board that discusses trading, give your positive view, give your analysis about future price, or whatever.

And so on...

4. How lucky you are?
Whatever it is, luck is exists. I know a few members that have a good knowledge and always post useful things but receive a bit merits. But no problem, even they didn't care about merits, -they just want to be useful-.

And remember the main important thing is Merits is Nothing, so Don't be burdened by Merit. Do your best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loveboard

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:56:15 AM
Merited by Don Pedro Dinero (1)

I like your suggestions. But I personally think that merits will come to you naturally if you participate organically on the forum. I'm not saying you'll get 1 a day or even 1 a week.

It really does depend on your post quality and relevancy. As well as the usefulness of your post.

There's no lie that people with more technical knowledge will get merited more because they have the ability to help others better and troubleshoot glaring issues.

But the truth is, if you're honestly participating in discussions and threads, and not just posting for the sake of posting (cough), then you'll have a merit or two thrown your way over time.

Sure, it might take 100 posts to get 10 merits, and maybe 1000 posts to get 100 merits. But that's the whole point of the merit system. It's to make it so exhaustively hard for scammers to rise ranks quickly by just posting anything everywhere forever.

This way, only people who are on bitcointalk to be on bitcointalk will gradually rise to the top.

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1523

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:00:29 AM

I like your suggestions. But I personally think that merits will come to you naturally if you participate organically on the forum.

I completely agree. I don't think people can actively do a lot to earn more merits. Just to keep learning about bitcoin and cryptos, to improve your English if they are not native, and to keep participating.

I haven't been a whole year on this forum. I'm sure that when I have more experience I wil get more merits, as I see people getting the majority of merits are people who have been registered for at least three or four years.

Geraldo (OP)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:36:40 AM

This way, only people who are on bitcointalk to be on bitcointalk will gradually rise to the top.

Yeah. I like this one.

I haven't been a whole year on this forum. I'm sure that when I have more experience I wil get more merits, as I see people getting the majority of merits are people who have been registered for at least three or four years.

Ignore what I bolded.
I fact, yes a majority of merited people are people who have registered for at least three or four years. But that's not a measurement. It only proves that their registration time makes them have a lot of experience and knowledge from this forum.

Look at nullius, I know he is an early adopter. But nullius account created in 2017 and he is on the 3rd place most merited user here. It proves that knowledgeable and has a lot of useful posts more important than registration time.

Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:37:28 AM

When are these merit guides going to stop? By now, all of us must know the theory of gaining merits, and new members can read any number of threads about it. They may not even look in meta until their accounts are frozen, so posting here is really preaching to the converted. If it is being done to earn merits, then it may well be counter productive, as many awarders seem to be tired of merit guidance threads, and put the thread starters on ignore.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
Geraldo (OP)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:47:13 AM

When are these merit guides going to stop? By now, all of us must know the theory of gaining merits, and new members can read any number of threads about it. They may not even look in meta until their accounts are frozen, so posting here is really preaching to the converted. If it is being done to earn merits, then it may well be counter productive, as many awarders seem to be tired of merit guidance threads, and put the thread starters on ignore.

I just a bit sad about hows people trying to get merits, and doing HARDCORE ways to get it.  Shocked

I really don't care about merits, even all of my received merits came from Altcoin mining section. And I spend almost all of my sMerit as Merits sponsor in Joe's Signatureless Challenge
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:52:12 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 08:41:00 AM by Cobalt9317

If you are the coders
Go to software sections (I don't know where is that, since I was only active in Altcoin mining,  Cheesy).
I'm a coder myself and this idea is excellent for me I can show my masterpiece in that section, perhaps it is time for thermos to think about this a lot of person come here from learning a computer maybe they are interested in programming itself why do this section is nowhere to be found in bitcointalk.org probably cause it is a Bitcoin forum site, however it would be benign of owner to implement such thing.

Any thoughts about the matter?

Why not, your skill has a deep correlation with Crypto, and maybe you can prove yourself at Development & Technical Discussion. Or whichever section that related to your skill. (ATM)
I'm still leaning the masterpiece that I'm proud of and can be brag about is just changing variable and tweaking the merit data about still I'll look in that section and per se whether I belong in such discussion furthermore I knew that section always talking about bitcoin technical stuff and I admit it is still a subtle subject to me.

I felt a bit sad about how people tried to get merits. A day ago I found a newbie thread asking "HOW TO GET MERIT?" that's the exact title (capitalized). I saw almost similar suggestions from other members in a few pages. Somethings like this:

make a quality post,
make useful info,
help to solve another member trouble, etc.

even some people suggesting unuseful one such as:

buying an account,
merits exchange, etc.
As this is your guide how to grant holy grail I challenge you O.P. which of us can first reach a HERO member rank I know this is of no interest to you but in your statement it is likely possible to accumulate merit points along the way and this is quite interesting as we both have the same quality of merit score also signature are you up to this?

I came on here this morning with a few sMerit to award, and all I see is merit, merit, merit this, merit, merit that, merit. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but anyway, it made me think - Soddit, I'll go and post some car pictures on Steemit, and leave all the whingeing and begging alone.
in that essence maybe it is the most productive day you can do.

Hi Jet Cash,
You are likely good guy, at least in terms of trolling art. You have deeply-skilled experience on trolling merit beggars.
Merit troller. Haha.
And I'll give you a +merit comment for your insight.
Geraldo (OP)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:03:21 AM

If you are the coders
Go to software sections (I don't know where is that, since I was only active in Altcoin mining,  Cheesy).

I'm a coder myself and this idea is excellent for me I can show my masterpiece in that section, perhaps it is time for thermos to think about this a lot of person come here from learning a computer maybe they are interested in programming itself why do this section is nowhere to be found in bitcointalk.org probably cause it is a Bitcoin forum site, however it would be benign of owner to implement such thing.

Any thoughts about the matter?

Why not, your skill has a deep correlation with Crypto, and maybe you can prove yourself at Development & Technical Discussion. Or whichever section that related to your skill. (ATM)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:32:09 AM

I came on here this morning with a few sMerit to award, and all I see is merit, merit, merit this, merit, merit that, merit. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but anyway, it made me think - Soddit, I'll go and post some car pictures on Steemit, and leave all the whingeing and begging alone.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
ilcapitano

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:35:40 AM

Hi Jet Cash,
You are likely good guy, at least in terms of trolling art. You have deeply-skilled experience on trolling merit beggars.
Merit troller. Haha.

★★★ BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer |BTC & BCH| FAST MIX | API | PGP PROOF | ESCROW ★★★
★ Tor and Clearnet mirrors | Payouts Every 60 seconds | Cheap 2% Service Fee | The Most Advanced Mixer | Discuss More
Geraldo (OP)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:57:55 AM

As this is your guide how to grant holy grail I challenge you O.P. which of us can first reach a HERO member rank I know this is of no interest to you but in your statement it is likely possible to accumulate merit points along the way and this is quite interesting as we both have the same quality of merit score also signature are you up to this?

Seem fair enough, let's do it. Starting today, right?  Wink

Same as I felt.
But I choose to post simple things like this thread.  Roll Eyes So people know how to get merits wisely.  Wink
Derfcoin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:00:51 AM

You know I realize from this forum how much I truly don't know about crypto. I can't participate in the mining or wallet or dev threads. I can't even participate in the trading threads because I'm not a TA person.

All I can do is post cat memes. And so many people who can't get merits are in my situation, but they'd rather cry here in meta than improve their crypto knowledge
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:05:45 AM

Another merit guide.
The difference only the poster and how they made the quality guide posting

You know I realize from this forum how much I truly don't know about crypto. I can't participate in the mining or wallet or dev threads. I can't even participate in the trading threads because I'm not a TA person.

All I can do is post cat memes. And so many people who can't get merits are in my situation, but they'd rather cry here in meta than improve their crypto knowledge

Merit is given not for begging
It's difficult but it's not impossible
Geraldo (OP)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

Another merit guide.
The difference only the poster and how they made the quality guide posting

I don't know how many guides have been made, before. Like I said above, I only active in Mining (Altcoin) section at least for this few months.

If you are the coders
Go to software sections (I don't know where is that, since I was only active in Altcoin mining,  Cheesy).

Then I found a thread about how hard to get merits and posted in the wrong section (not in meta so that I can read it), and now, seem that thread has been (Deleted/Off-limits/Ignored)  Shocked. That's why I made this thread. Just tried to do the right thing! (IMO)!

Ah...Would be a good quotation related to this topic.

Derfcoin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:30:16 AM

Anot

But what if u participate in those threads where they give free merit for silly things, like art review or games and contests, or showing that you have good posts but u have to ask for merit? Is that count as begging?
Geraldo (OP)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:37:02 AM

Anot

snip

But what if u participate in those threads where they give free merit for silly things, like art review or games and contests, or showing that you have good posts but u have to ask for merit? Is that count as begging?

I've never seen merit give-away for doing something like art review or games. So, no argue.

Contest
I know one contest that has a good concept. I was as the sMerit sponsor here for 4 round plus current round (round 5). This is an excellent contest, just look at the thread: Joe's Signatureless Challenge --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0;topicseen

Showing that you have good posts but you have to ask for merit. (Post Review).
A bit different with a contest above.
For honest, I didn't do something like this. I think as long as a reviewer competent enough to review the content; it's fair enough.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 05:16:09 PM

As a newbie, you should have read a few threads, and learnt that necro-bumping threads without adding anything meaningful just gets you ignored by merit awarders.

I've obliged you by putting you on ignore.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:58:44 PM
Merited by vladimirhf (1)

Am a newbie but I don't see getting merit as impossible.
Then why have you not got any ?

I believe it's all about the value you add to the forum but I see people posting just for posting sake in order to get some activities. In any enterprise, the value you bring to the marketplace determine your worth and I think the same applies to this noble forum.

The observation is right. You even followed it with a live example which I marked as bold.

arhipova

Activity: 125
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:08:10 AM

4. How lucky you are?
Whatever it is, luck is exists. I know a few members that have a good knowledge and always post useful things but receive a bit merits. But no problem, even they didn't care about merits, -they just want to be useful-.

You may get lucky one or two times but it will not happen always.

May be based on above, you can get member rank with that much luck but it would be impossible to rank higher with that approach. To move further , you will have to keep making good posts consistently.  It is funny how people not getting any merits come up with excuses and blame it on everything else including luck. The day you take possibility for the quality of your posts here, you will get lucky.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:44:03 AM

I felt a bit sad about how people tried to get merits. A day ago I found a newbie thread asking "HOW TO GET MERIT?" that's the exact title (capitalized).

The only people that really care about getting merit are the signature spammers and bounty and ANN thread shitposters. They are exactly the ones that the merit system is intending stop.

The system is working.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: