Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:58:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Scandal and what it means for Bitcoin  (Read 399 times)
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:21:52 PM

I don't think blockchain technology has anything to do with the facebook scandal. I don't even think that there is any sort of connection between both of them. Actually facebook has had a rapport that was formed over so many years. And the recent news of the leakge of the personal data of the clients by the facebook was a big shock for the universe. it was hard to believe at first, but now that we have been acquainted well with the facebook scandal, it has shattered  all the well built rapport in our minds. blockchain is a public ledger that has record of all the data pertaining to the bitcoin and other crypto coin holders. Some of the ICOs also make the use of our personal information, it might also get leaked somehow. But until now there are jo cases reported, neither the blockchain has such a rapport!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:45:43 PM

I don't think blockchain technology has anything to do with the facebook scandal. I don't even think that there is any sort of connection between both of them. Actually facebook has had a rapport that was formed over so many years. And the recent news of the leakge of the personal data of the clients by the facebook was a big shock for the universe. it was hard to believe at first, but now that we have been acquainted well with the facebook scandal, it has shattered  all the well built rapport in our minds. blockchain is a public ledger that has record of all the data pertaining to the bitcoin and other crypto coin holders. Some of the ICOs also make the use of our personal information, it might also get leaked somehow. But until now there are jo cases reported, neither the blockchain has such a rapport!!
Precisely mate, I think it's different between two data's blockchain and the facebook data. If Facebook uses the data of blockchain there is the possibility that having more traffic on making transactions of cryptocurrencies because of how many billion subscribers on Facebook.
Well, if that happens facebook company will having tie up on blockchain technology the cryptocurrencies are much more spreading all over the world.
MLBBPLG

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:27:50 PM

facebook has much to say about all sorts of bitcoin spam.
many of the page pages that I share my facebook wall, but many considered by facebook
so is twitter almost regarded as spam
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:22:23 PM

I don't think blockchain technology has anything to do with the facebook scandal. I don't even think that there is any sort of connection between both of them. Actually facebook has had a rapport that was formed over so many years. And the recent news of the leakge of the personal data of the clients by the facebook was a big shock for the universe. it was hard to believe at first, but now that we have been acquainted well with the facebook scandal, it has shattered  all the well built rapport in our minds. blockchain is a public ledger that has record of all the data pertaining to the bitcoin and other crypto coin holders. Some of the ICOs also make the use of our personal information, it might also get leaked somehow. But until now there are jo cases reported, neither the blockchain has such a rapport!!
Precisely mate, I think it's different between two data's blockchain and the facebook data. If Facebook uses the data of blockchain there is the possibility that having more traffic on making transactions of cryptocurrencies because of how many billion subscribers on Facebook.
Well, if that happens facebook company will having tie up on blockchain technology the cryptocurrencies are much more spreading all over the world.
That is right, it is not the cryptocurrency who made problem with facebook but how fb change the world as they are accusing fb as a manipulators to the mindset of people, as they have said people nowadays cannot live a day without browsing their social media. Hope that the founder of facebook can handle this thing and continue fb as on the other hand it has been a great way help in advertising.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:08:15 PM

many of the page pages that I share my facebook wall, but many considered by facebook
A lot of users are now using some bots to post to their social media account and even on their dummy accounts too. That's why facebook team are now aware of such activities that keeps flooding to their system and it is somehow reported to as annoying due to their unusual activities that people don't really like it to show on their profile.

t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:12:32 AM

A lot of users are now using some bots to post to their social media account and even on their dummy accounts too. That's why facebook team are now aware of such activities that keeps flooding to their system and it is somehow reported to as annoying due to their unusual activities that people don't really like it to show on their profile.

This could lead to the downfall of facebook, we should be on update on what will happening in facebook. A lot of privacy details, we should not let facebook will spread out our own privacy. We must aware on what will happen to our own account. We must have that own privacy where as we could have our own private life. This bots can be one of the problem of facebook, it would be one their attackers / hackers.

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:50:43 AM

Which I feared all this time against facebook eventually happened also where the personal data of the owners of the account are distributed away. Hopefully, the data is not used for things that can result in losses on the account owner. Things like this I've anticipated by never following a game or various surveys that are in facebook that requires charging some personal data.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:36:24 AM

I think this is an opportunity for Bitcoin and blockchain technology that offers a solution to this issue.
What is the connection between bitcoin technology and blockchain on Facebook social media, I think it's unreasonable if bitcoin/blockchain technology will solve the problem or about the protection of user privacy or anything else related to the account.
Lately.. I just knew that crypto is more considered with social media, because maybe now facebook twitter users etc, sharing many crypto ads until it is banned or avoid fraud etc., and it has nothing to do with account security/privacy or whatever it is.
malbterxic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 07:19:23 AM

Almost all modern social networks are completely under the control of public services, for this reason, it makes no sense to talk about anonymity. For today, apart from TOR, only Telegram dictates its conditions and I am sure that with the passage of time this service will remain completely anonymous.
Facebook for a number of reasons is forced to do what they are prescribed, on a global scale, their actions will not be reflected in the development of the Crypto-currency.

Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:36:14 AM

Almost all modern social networks are completely under the control of public services, for this reason, it makes no sense to talk about anonymity. For today, apart from TOR, only Telegram dictates its conditions and I am sure that with the passage of time this service will remain completely anonymous.
Facebook for a number of reasons is forced to do what they are prescribed, on a global scale, their actions will not be reflected in the development of the Crypto-currency.
Facebook is also trying to stay out of state control, but it seems to me that Zuckerberg is cooperating with the US government. After switching off Telegrams in Russia say about the shutdown before the end of this year, Facebook. It's a big piece of advertising. I think Zuckerberg is not going to ban crypto ads right now. Why should he further losses?
Glenn Techincs

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:49:38 PM

I don't think blockchain technology has anything to do with the facebook scandal. I don't even think that there is any sort of connection between both of them. Actually facebook has had a rapport that was formed over so many years. And the recent news of the leakge of the personal data of the clients by the facebook was a big shock for the universe. it was hard to believe at first, but now that we have been acquainted well with the facebook scandal, it has shattered  all the well built rapport in our minds. blockchain is a public ledger that has record of all the data pertaining to the bitcoin and other crypto coin holders. Some of the ICOs also make the use of our personal information, it might also get leaked somehow. But until now there are jo cases reported, neither the blockchain has such a rapport!!

it was meant that users will start thinking about their safety and start to pay attenton on blockchain... and bitcoin is somewhere near. Kinda that
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:17:51 PM

The recent Cambridge analytica scandal with Facebook has raised concerns about the protection of user privacy, I think this is an opportunity for Bitcoin and blockchain technology that offers a solution to this issue.

We all talk about the potential on how blockchain can feature in all of human endeavors which is all good but the issue in actual sense is how is it going to be done. Firstly, we don't have a social media as popular as Facebook that is based on the blockchain neither have I even seen any one being built. Secondly, the fact is what happen is not about losing faith in Facebook but about not even putting data on any social media which means there would be a need for re-orientation to convince people to be willing to share their info on social media then a further convincing that the blockchain is safer than other platforms. That is what I don't see happening anytime soon.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:49:04 PM

In my opinion, I disagree with what you wrote in the OP, there is a big difference between Facebook (social media) and Blockchain technology and even they are not in the same field. In fact, the accounts on Facebook are not well protected so the hackers have not much difficulty to hack them. In contrast, Blockchain is very secure and  It has many advantages compared to other older technologies.
On the other hand, I do not think that Blockchain will find a solution to this problem, also due to that this social media attacked the cryptocurrencies through the bans of crypto ads. As well, I expect that Facebook will find a solution the this issue.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:13:11 PM

The recent Cambridge analytica scandal with Facebook has raised concerns about the protection of user privacy, I think this is an opportunity for Bitcoin and blockchain technology that offers a solution to this issue.

The blockchain technology was created in order for wireless and electronic payments to be convenient compared to sending money through different platforms. Facebook, on the other hand, utilizes a different mechanism under the complex system of the internet and softwares which I believe is irrelevant to the blockchain technology. Though it may provide security and anonymity, social media websites typically have a different application used.

Which I feared all this time against facebook eventually happened also where the personal data of the owners of the account are distributed away. Hopefully, the data is not used for things that can result in losses on the account owner. Things like this I've anticipated by never following a game or various surveys that are in facebook that requires charging some personal data.

The only thing that I fear is the implication of it to the users. If the recent scam on Facebook revolved around the leak on security and privacy, then there is always the possibility of it happening to the blockchain technology in the future. Whatever exists on the internet is bound to be leaked and hacked by some malicious softwares and abusers. That is the reason on why having an electronic wallet is not guaranteed 100% safe, despite having all security measures installed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:35:32 PM

The blockchain technology was created in order for wireless and electronic payments to be convenient compared to sending money through different platforms.
Actually, the blockchain itself isn't anything more than a way to store data, where in Bitcoin's case it was initially only meant to function as immutable store of transaction data and such, but it can be used to store other forms of data as well.

I believe that DataCoin back in the days was the first coin that utilized the blockchain for different purposes than just storing transaction history. It failed pretty quickly due to the low demand, but the initiative was there to do something different.

Bitcoin's blockchain is very transparent and open for everyone to browse through and start linking individuals based on online profiles and such, which makes it pretty useless in that aspect.

Facebook if ever, will only use a centralized blockchain they can adjust based on their will.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:09:42 AM

I think it's irrelevant because bitcoin is currency and fb is sosmed.
If you talk about security , even crypto exchange also got hack so how do we combine this tech ?
There is no way for FB offering deep security using bitcoin tech or bitcoin using FB connection to become famous but it's all depend on people.

People make the choice for them !
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:02:48 AM

Another interesting aspect of the whole Facebook scandal is the fact that the
company that was heavily involved in this mess (Cambridge Analytica) was actually
planning to launch an ICO before news of the scandal broke:

https://www.coindesk.com/cambridge-analytica-planned-ico-before-facebook-controversy-report/

Cambridge Analytica, the firm that faced much criticism over its misuse of Facebook user data,
had reportedly planned to organize its own initial coin offering (ICO) before the news broke.

According to a Reuters report citing anonymous sources on Thursday, Cambridge Analytica was
originally expecting to raise around $30 million via the launch of its own cryptocurrency and had
reached out to a firm that advises on how to structure such schemes.

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:06:32 AM

i don't think this is related or not that probably blockchain technology offering user privacy protection more better rather than facebook but crypto and social media were clearly different however my government has been invite facebook owner to clarify some problem because there was rumour that 1 million users personal data from from my country has been leaked even my country had a plan to banned facebook
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:21:27 PM

i don't think this is related or not that probably blockchain technology offering user privacy protection more better rather than facebook but crypto and social media were clearly different however my government has been invite facebook owner to clarify some problem because there was rumour that 1 million users personal data from from my country has been leaked even my country had a plan to banned facebook

And if ever facebook will eventually deleted or will disappear it would not affect the demand of cryptocurrency, as crypto world is already established and we know that there are already things in which we can make update with crypto, twitter is still there and this forum.
Sudarmoon

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:02:19 PM

It is indeed very good and an opportunity for Blockchain technology to use, with a decentralized system and I think blockchain is great for storing data and future technology expectations.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: