Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dump the altcoins?  (Read 157 times)
marksayson (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:08:51 AM

The market price as of now is very unstable. The price of the altcoins keeps going down. May I ask an advice, is it okay to dump all my altcoins and exchange it in tether to prevent my profit from going down? Is it the right thing to do?

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:15:34 AM

I will advice you not to sell any of your altcoins in this bearish market and you should hold all your coins for atleast 4-6 months for good profit. I think now a days market reacting much on any negative news so all coins going down but as this situation ends and market comes again in bullish zone you will definitely get good profit. Or if you have some cash you can buy good coins at cheap level now.

Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:18:51 AM

I will advice you not to sell any of your altcoins in this bearish market and you should hold all your coins for atleast 4-6 months for good profit. I think now a days market reacting much on any negative news so all coins going down but as this situation ends and market comes again in bullish zone you will definitely get good profit. Or if you have some cash you can buy good coins at cheap level now.
not only the altcoins was dumping now, actually because of the bitcoin why the altcoins are dumping because the alternative coins are depend only in the change rate of the bitcoin because we know that the bitcoin are the main cryptocurrency so if the bitcoin going down we do nothing but accept that the alternative coins was going down too. expect that.
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:38:47 AM

The market price as of now is very unstable. The price of the altcoins keeps going down. May I ask an advice, is it okay to dump all my altcoins and exchange it in tether to prevent my profit from going down? Is it the right thing to do?

Now you can sell altcoins if you trade short positions. But if this is your long-term investment, then do not fix the losses!

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:41:07 AM

You will regret it in a few months when the market begins its bull streak. If you sell out now your losses will be made real, and you'll be starting from a disadvantaged position in the next bull run.

Hold strong, don't check the coinmarketcap for a few months, and then thank yourself for not being a weak hand when the market recovers its former strength.

That being said, I think you might need to wait 6+ months for the market to restabilize again, so don't expect an overnight change.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
brelok777

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:42:13 AM

I think selling the altcoyins now is a bad idea. In this market, on the contrary, one must buy, not sell. If you already bought coins, then you just need to keep them. You need to sell coins in a growing market.

PaPog

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:43:15 AM

yeah it's very unfortunate to see the price in the market right now, but i do believe that the price will go higher again soon, it's because every year there will be a crash, so i believe this is just for temporary crash, let's not dump our altcoins.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:50:01 AM

All coins are dropping which includes ether. Anyway that is natural thing to happen in cryptocurrency. It is very frustrating to watch those market price drop but still this is part of investment. We should have patience to this or else we could be like always feeling frustrated and for the like of this will dump all the coins in exchange to ether? will i guess you have the right move there in converting your tokens to ether but still ether is an alt coin and its market price is still dropping. So even ether has still no escape in market price dropping. Thus, if you will research this one in the internet specifically in coinbase market there you can check its price dropping dramatically. I guess most of the coins are dropping so the only thing to do is to be patience and keep yourself to do other things for now aside from doing cryptocurrency.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:56:58 AM

Just hold it. Don't sell when the market is down. Market will recover to $7000-$8000 range in the next few days/weeks imo.
pkb007

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:04:12 AM

The market is still going down. At this situation I prefer holding all. If you have more $ you can buy more. Because it is time for investment. Keep hold and wait for good moment. It's not so far..
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 01:37:55 PM

The problem is that it's hardly possible to predict whether alts are going to continue falling or it's already the bottom. If you want to play it safe and don't need this money in the short run, I would recommend just holding.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:43:18 PM

Yes it is considering if tether will give you stable value for your investment and it could not be affected by the market bearish trend. it may better for you as long as you are converting it when you are not getting any losses.
It's the right thing and you can try to buy back again later if the crypto will have reached another dip soon or later. It's better rather than short.
aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:44:14 PM

I think you better hold the altcoin you have, stay patient and wait a few months ahead, the price will definitely improve and you will benefit.

masterfocus

Activity: 283
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:51:13 PM

I don't think the cryptos are going down. They are just "regulating themselves" after the big boom at final 2017. I guess the prices will be stable soon and, some months later (can't say for sure), some of them will go boom again.

Remember: even with the lows, bitcoin is still a lot bigger than last year.
MikeEhan

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 01:53:24 PM

When the price trend is down, of course we can predict to what level the price will go down.
If the current position kisingang in the middle to go down, eat allowed to sell, after selling we wait at the lower limit to buy back.
With this method although we do cut loss, but the number of coins or tokens we will increase.
and then we just wait for the price to go up and sell it at a high price,
this is called scalping. May be useful.
Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:55:44 PM

I think selling all your coins at the moment is not a good solution, because it will get big losses. It would be nice to hold it until the end of the year. I think the end of the year coins prices will return to normal.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
pihipawal

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:57:37 PM

If altcoin dump makes you lose 5-10% I think you should sell them and wait for altcoin to buy at lower prices. If you hold the altcoin at high prices I think you should keep them now and wait for the market to recover.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:58:02 PM

I don't think the cryptos are going down. They are just "regulating themselves" after the big boom at final 2017. I guess the prices will be stable soon and, some months later (can't say for sure), some of them will go boom again.

You make some great points and I agree with you here. Many people tend to forget that Bitcoin is far more valuable at present compared to its value last year. The sudden fall in value has shocked many investors which is why they are making careless statements without thinking properly. Coming to the question by op, it is obvious that there is absolutely no point in selling any of your coins or tokens at the moment due to the current bear market and it is better to HODL for greater profits in the future unless you need the money desperately which is still not advisable. Think hard before making such a call.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
masterfocus

Activity: 283
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:02:07 PM

You make some great points and I agree with you here. Many people tend to forget that Bitcoin is far more valuable at present compared to its value last year. The sudden fall in value has shocked many investors which is why they are making careless statements without thinking properly. Coming to the question by op, it is obvious that there is absolutely no point in selling any of your coins or tokens at the moment due to the current bear market and it is better to HODL for greater profits in the future unless you need the money desperately which is still not advisable. Think hard before making such a call.
That's right. And some people think Bitcoin will still grow a lot more.. I'm betting on it..
Shirin16

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:12:37 PM

no in my opinion.
Learn the development of coins you have. if it is still good, I recommend hodl because currently the market conditions are very reasonable. if one day there is green of course red will replace it.
crypto world is currently having a very significant interest. but unfortunately, many communities only think about pricing, supply and demand only. without really doing full support for the project. so it can also affect the token's unworthiness.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: