Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:59:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldenTowns.com - Get Paid to Play - Signup/play Bonus - UP TO 1.12 FREE BTC  (Read 34912 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:58:25 AM

Getting Started in GoldenTowns.

Having not played games for many years and having no experience with this type of game (Gran Turismo is more my style) I didn’t have a clue what I was doing at the start. However GoldenTowns is pretty intuitive and I quickly learned by my mistakes, so here are a few tips to get you on your way.

1)   Make sure you have enough workers.

The tutorial built another house for you so you have room for 2 more workers, so start off by hiring another worker at City Hall.

2)   Happiness is important!

The reason for this is that happiness is achieved by upgrading the housing. This in turn allows you to hire more workers. When you upgrade the production facilities a worker is employed there and is no longer available for construction. So focus on upgrading the housing as much as possible and make sure to hire at least 2 extra workers before upgrading each production facility.

3)   Accumulate raw materials.

Raw materials can be exchanged at the market. Meet, wood and iron are the most important at the start. Vegetables are cheap so exchange others for them.  You need to upgrade the road from City hall to them to do be able to upgrade them. Also watch out that your warehouse doesn’t fill up or you will lose whatever is produced or bought!

4)   Design your layout.

The influence system is important to understand or you will end up having to build duplicate buildings. I Googled for hints on this and I’m not sure the advice I got was good so I needed to build a second Police and Fire department. On the Inventory page there is a FAQ, look at the Building Types page which tells you what influence each building type needs to be under to be upgraded to that level. Plan it out on a spread sheet before you start building and things will be much easier (I wish I had).  You can see the influence area of a building by hovering the pointer over it. The area expands out by 1 square all around it at each building level upgrade.

5)   Investing is optional.

You will find that you run out of energy. It is refilled at 1 per hour in level 1, but this increases as you progress through the levels. In order to speed things up you can buy gold and use that to refill your energy if you are in a hurry (note the price are always changing depending on demand so check which top up is best value each time).  Also you can buy raw materials again so as to not have to wait. I would advise against using the finish now button as that is relatively expensive.  An investment of 10 EUR will be more than enough to get you through to level 5 without any delays; of course you could just take your time and do it for free.

6)   Time.

The tasks all get longer it each level, so level 1 tasks take 3 hours for one worker, level  2 is 6 hours up to 48 hours to level  5. That means at the start there is quite a lot to do but as you progress you will need to spend much less time managing the game, just come back 2 or 3 times a day for 10 or 15 minutes.

7)   Taxes.

Just like real life taxes are inevitable and start from level 2 at 10% and then more come in at level 5. C’est la vie. The tax to your referrer is taken even if you didn’t sign up with a referral link so you are not losing out there.

Overall I’m really enjoying playing so far. I’ve just starting with the economics side of the game. Shares in other towns, bonds and game shares all pay out dividends in raw materials and gold. Then there is still the whole mining for gold thing, you need to get to happiness 50 before that can start and then the real money can start coming in.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ChaosFox

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:42:17 AM

Thank you a lot for your reply, TheQuin. With this and BardanDoyle's tips in the OP, I should at least have an idea of what I'm doing.  Grin

There are a few idiosyncrasies of the UI that had me confused at first, for instance, the message and icon that you got once a building had gone through a whole production cycle was to collect the product manually, not to repeat the last thing you did?  Huh (I lost a cycle in my quarry because of that, as I went to upgrade it before collecting the stones... d'oh) and a few translation oops here and there (There's a part of the Research section partially untranslated, though by the icons I assumed they were talking about efficiency and power...) but so far, I like how this game brings me back to my OGame days, in a good way.  Grin I won't certainly miss having to get up at 2 am and juggle with my ship fleets to prevent them getting all blown up.

Look! An ad-free signature!
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 11:27:09 AM

There are a few idiosyncrasies of the UI that had me confused at first, for instance, the message and icon that you got once a building had gone through a whole production cycle was to collect the product manually, not to repeat the last thing you did?  Huh (I lost a cycle in my quarry because of that, as I went to upgrade it before collecting the stones... d'oh) and ......

I'm not sure exactly what happened there, but you need to refresh the browser or click "home" after a production cycle finishes before you can do anything else.

It does have a few bugs, it's best to post them on them in their forum, I think their moderator is going to hate me soon  Wink

Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:02:33 PM

User: Boelens
Claim step: 1
1BoeLensDrVHLjYW4pPab5UENKBuDupfKt
Hura

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:47:02 PM

I don't know why... but i can't sign-up Sad

BardanDoyle (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:55:34 PM

Can you describe better in detail your problem ?

Thanks a lot to TheQuin for the review of his gaming experience that will increase the gaming experience of everyone.  Very important is the part about building influence, because is a very important point of the gaming strategy to design your city correctly for avoid (too many) duplicate building and building repositioning.

As many of you may have noticed, the price of gold increased today, this mean that actually there are a lot of new investments and players in the game, so the demand of gold is very high and the price trend of gold is supposed to be raising again soon.

Also, all the bonus claimed up to Boelens has been paid BTC
Hura

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:56:50 PM

Can you describe better  your problem ?

Of course!

I click on your referal link then i click on "signup" on the left side.
I wrote my username, my e-mail, my password and retype password.
Then i click on the box "term of service"
Then i wrote the captcha.
And finally i click on signup...

...and appears the same window with a red "X" without a message.
So, i try to change user, captcha... but all the time appears this "X" Sad

ChaosFox

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:02:06 PM

Can you describe better  your problem ?

Of course!

I click on your referal link then i click on "signup" on the left side.
I wrote my username, my e-mail, my password and retype password.
Then i click on the box "term of service"
Then i wrote the captcha.
And finally i click on signup...

...and appears the same window with a red "X" without a message.
So, i try to change user, captcha... but all the time appears this "X" Sad

Aha, I remember having this issue when I chose a password using special characters. I think it's poor practice they can't be used... but meh. Try sticking to uppercase, lowercase and numbers and see if you still have a problem.

Hura

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:06:45 PM

Aha, I remember having this issue when I chose a password using special characters. I think it's poor practice they can't be used... but meh. Try sticking to uppercase, lowercase and numbers and see if you still have a problem.

Wooooaahh!

Incredible Smiley now i registered! LOL

Account created!

Thanks

SendCookies

Activity: 74

Cookies!!! Gimme Cookies!!!

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:12:57 PM

Well this sounded like fun, but, here are the errors while trying to sign up

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pages/signup/signup.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Server at www.goldentowns.com Port 80

For a List of the Best Free BTC faucets and ways to earn Bitcoins for free go to: MemberSquared.com
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 04:17:26 PM

Guys, I warn you now.
Once you hit level 5, there will be

10% tax paid to your referrer
10% tax paid to shares
(possibly) 10% tax to state budget
10% for captured city (if your city has been captured)
10% for war taxes (if your country is captured)

So you have to pay up to 50% tax... I currently pay 30% and it's a pain in the ass.
BardanDoyle (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:31:54 PM

Guys, I warn you now.

10% tax paid to shares

So you have to pay up to 50% tax... I currently pay 30% and it's a pain in the ass.

That's why you have to keep your country free, capture other city and get referals  Wink

So things will be balanced.

I know that there are enough taxes already in real world, but this is an economical simulator and taxes are a very important part of it for keep the economy balanced Wink
ChaosFox

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:38:24 PM

Guys, I warn you now.

10% tax paid to shares

Evil. But not too detached from reality.  Grin

Also, seems like the 10% referrer tax is paid even if you don't sign up with anyone, so doesn't seem like you can dodge it.

BardanDoyle (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:05:45 PM

No, you can't.

The notorious reseller Sirdiman has paid for the option to get all the people that signup without a referal link as their referer.

So, at least there  you have some cashback Wink
ChaosFox

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:08:34 PM

Also, it might seem to be a dumb question... but that's how I see it so far: Do you spend energy when you start a production cycle AND when you finish it to collect the produced materials?  Huh

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 05:10:24 PM

Also, it might seem to be a dumb question... but that's how I see it so far: Do you spend energy when you start a production cycle AND when you finish it to collect the produced materials?  Huh

Yes, I just worked that one out  Sad

That's a good reason to upgrade to the highest level, as there is less energy used for more raws.

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:11:03 PM

No, you can't.

The notorious reseller Sirdiman has paid for the option to get all the people that signup without a referal link as their referer.

So, at least there  you have some cashback Wink

How much does this cost? Is it a fixed rate or not?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 05:20:27 PM

No, you can't.

So, at least there  you have some cashback Wink

The reseller paid for this option??
Can we buy it too, like but refs from the game? :p  I wish we could, not referral option.
I guess that's why that guy referred all the high levels.

How much does this cost? Is it a fixed rate or not?
You can buy referrals from other users in the game, but I doubt you can buy a contract like this reseller.
BardanDoyle (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:22:37 PM

The sirdiman option for having assigned by default all the players that not use another referal link is supposed to end on 31 december.

I don't know if he has the options to renew or not, and i don't know anything more about this but for sure if you contact the admin you will get details.

For the cost, is probably thousands of euro
SendCookies

Activity: 74

Cookies!!! Gimme Cookies!!!

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:49:35 PM

Well this sounded like fun, but, here are the errors while trying to sign up

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pages/signup/signup.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Server at www.goldentowns.com Port 80

So, no one else has signup errors? Can you tell me how to fix this. I would love to play.

For a List of the Best Free BTC faucets and ways to earn Bitcoins for free go to: MemberSquared.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: