Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Fork in one day.. hash rate drop predictions ?  (Read 4089 times)
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:32:03 PM

you don't get that bitmain is an unit of plaoc whose goal is to attempt to kill all cryptos to try to close all the financial gateway out of the jail that china has become (or maybe always be)? how naive of you...

there is no laws in china, nothing, but banning the quran and making the name of the prophet illegal, jailing people, removing their culture and replacing the native populations by hans... it's the worst hell you can imagine...

To sum up.  I was being "Polite"  Tongue

those censors and organ farmers, killers of the white southern rhino, genociding the elephants and tigers, sharks and turtles, making islam illegal and wanting to destroy the usa, deserve absolutely no mercy. raw recklessness until they aren't.

call intel, samsung to start sha2 miners, and ban their sell to china... made in korea and made in usa ! no delivery to china, just play their game, say the batch arrive and delay, delay...

they are our enemies, we gave them the olympics to see if they could open up, 10 years later... it's a resolute no... so it's clear : the path to victory clears...  

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neemaj

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:04:50 AM

I agree.. as long as there are companies that don't play by the rules, secretly develop and manufacture ASICs, mine with them and then sell them with profit to unsuspecting public..

There is so much wrong with an ignorant statement like this I feel I have to respond.

1. What 'rules' are you referring to exactly? Pretty sure there arent any industry wide rules that are accepted as valid.

2. All companies develop new products before announcing them. You are trying to apply malicious intent to a STANDARD INDUSTRY PRACTICE.

3. This might come as a shock, but when you develop a new product, you have to test it to make sure it works. So yea they mine on them, that is how you test a MINER.

4. The unsuspecting public? People have a duty to make their own informed decisions. If they follow others blindly like sheep they deserve to lose their ass on things.

Well, and I feel you are just trolling me here ..to make me respond to your rather insulting comment how my statement was ignorant. But I don't see exactly, what I was ignoring:

1. Don't play by the rules - that was an expression, if you did not get it, that is your problem. What I meant is that there are companies that are only profit-driven with no social responsibility whatsoever. Those exploit the system put in place by the developers of the digital currencies to gain unfair advantage over other participants in the "free market" (look at Nicehash or Bitmain). And even free market must be protected with some rules.

2. What you are saying is true, but I think we both know that this is different in this case, because that product of the company directly messes up with the entire system. I would not mind ASICs developed in cooperation with the community of a given coin (wouldn't I? I don't know, that's probably not going to happen anyway). You're just taking my statement way too seriously ..

3. I think the extent of such testing will be clear in few weeks. I would prefer if they tested such product (see point 2) on their private blockchain. But of course, slap me with the obvious fact, the shocking revelation that you need to "test" your product before launch on the market. And why not earn few hundred milion bucks doing it. You are so smart and I am so stupid I did not know that. Congratulations.

4. Still, there are some basic consumer protection laws in place in many developed countries. I am in no way defending such laws, but there is no way you can be sure that the product you purchase has not been extensively used. Therefore I used the term unsuspecting public..

I don't see how you have constructively added value to this discussion, all you did was take my rather half-serious statement apart and comment on the obvious things. I personally did not learn anything new from your clever comment, but please continue with your education. Anyway, I am out of here, not much has ever came out of internet discussions anyway and this is as much as I was willing to write this year.
neemaj

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:12:26 AM

I agree.. as long as there are companies that don't play by the rules, secretly develop and manufacture ASICs, mine with them and then sell them with profit to unsuspecting public..

There is so much wrong with an ignorant statement like this I feel I have to respond.

1. What 'rules' are you referring to exactly? Pretty sure there arent any industry wide rules that are accepted as valid.

2. All companies develop new products before announcing them. You are trying to apply malicious intent to a STANDARD INDUSTRY PRACTICE.

3. This might come as a shock, but when you develop a new product, you have to test it to make sure it works. So yea they mine on them, that is how you test a MINER.

4. The unsuspecting public? People have a duty to make their own informed decisions. If they follow others blindly like sheep they deserve to lose their ass on things.

oh man shut the fuck up you retarded bitmain fanboy...
they´ve been testing them with aroung 1000mhs for months on the cryptonight network, mostly monero. if monero would not have announced a fork they would never sell them

Oh well, I guess that would have been my short answer too..
dallase

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:31:57 AM

Get on topic, or GTFO.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:47:16 AM

Ah geez, difficulty is going up.  I was thinking that this might happen.  All of these slow blocks are being treated as outliers in the difficulty retarget so they aren't being included.  We gotta get over the 20% outlier hump so that the retarget will start to include the slow blocks.  Monero devs should look at this issue for future forks.  They might want to figure out something that will help difficulty retarget faster right after a fork.  The 720 block minus 20% outlier thing is actually a decent formula for when hashrate isn't changing a lot in a short time frame but this current hashrate drop and associated slow block time thing is going to be made even more painful with this short term increase in difficulty.
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:19:22 AM

Ah geez, difficulty is going up.  I was thinking that this might happen.  All of these slow blocks are being treated as outliers in the difficulty retarget so they aren't being included.  We gotta get over the 20% outlier hump so that the retarget will start to include the slow blocks.  Monero devs should look at this issue for future forks.  They might want to figure out something that will help difficulty retarget faster right after a fork.  The 720 block minus 20% outlier thing is actually a decent formula for when hashrate isn't changing a lot in a short time frame but this current hashrate drop and associated slow block time thing is going to be made even more painful with this short term increase in difficulty.

You are right it seems. So the 12-24h estimate was off. This can take alot longer to start correct?
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:33:01 AM

there is no laws in china, nothing, but banning the quran and making the name of the prophet illegal, jailing people, removing their culture and replacing the native populations by hans... it's the worst hell you can imagine...

STFU you moron. Islam is legal in China, there are mosques in all major cities and far from all muslims are uygurs.
annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:38:08 AM

Looks like its starting to go down now. Network hashrate is now at 830+mh/s compared to 1.16Gh/s yesterday

https://www.difficultychart.com/monero
mpenagar

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:54:32 PM

Here are my numbers:

SupportXMR mined 31 blocks out of first 130 V7 blocks, with less than 36MH/s, so the network hashrate is:

36 x 130 / 31 =  151 MH/s

annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:01:17 PM

Here are my numbers:

SupportXMR mined 31 blocks out of first 130 V7 blocks, with less than 36MH/s, so the network hashrate is:

36 x 130 / 31 =  151 MH/s

Can you explain your formula.
Vokas123

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:16:31 PM

Block Explorer currently shows 531Mhs, 24h low currently, compared to yesterday's 1.2Ghs. 55% of hashrate is gone. And of course, block explorer shows calculated hashrate, not a real picture, this will keep dropping rapidly.  Wink
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:30:35 PM

Going down faster now. It will still take days for full adjustment but it looks really good. Now it show how much crap was on the monero network. 3/4 of the hash were ASICS or botnets.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:36:25 PM

Looks like the difficulty already has a steep drop.

However profitability wise... a RX 570 makes the same amount as ETH now.

Only difference is it uses a little leas power

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:50:14 PM

Biggest miner on MPH was 200 Kh yesterday, now there is one at 1,400 and another at 400.  I'm guessing either the botnets are getting back in the game or someone figured out how to get their asics going on this version already.
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:58:19 PM

Biggest miner on MPH was 200 Kh yesterday, now there is one at 1,400 and another at 400.  I'm guessing either the botnets are getting back in the game or someone figured out how to get their asics going on this version already.

Or GPU mining farms joined back.  Yesterday blocks were too slow to mine.
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:07:22 PM

Biggest miner on MPH was 200 Kh yesterday, now there is one at 1,400 and another at 400.  I'm guessing either the botnets are getting back in the game or someone figured out how to get their asics going on this version already.

Or GPU mining farms joined back.  Yesterday blocks were too slow to mine.

That top miner at 1400 Kh would be something like 1500-2500 high-end GPU's.  A bit hard to believe for a single farm.  Not to mention if you had a farm that big, why not solo mine?  It's 13% of the entire pool.  If I was a gambler I would bet on a botnet.  But seriously hoping it isn't asics.  I don't really know enough about the v7 changes to make any sort of intelligent comment about the feasibility of modifying the existing asics to work on the new version.

You're definitely right though about profitability being no good yesterday whereas right now it's looking pretty good.
Dzeronimo

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 10:34:57 PM

According to Whattomine profitability for XMR and ETH is almost the same on RX570 at this moment. It's OK but I was expecting XMR to be more profitable, at least now immediately after the fork.
Nasdaq7

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:29:35 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2018, 03:35:17 AM by Nasdaq7

Biggest miner on MPH was 200 Kh yesterday, now there is one at 1,400 and another at 400.  I'm guessing either the botnets are getting back in the game or someone figured out how to get their asics going on this version already.

Google had massive problems with spam in 2012 and then they started rolling out algorithms that stopped the spam: panda, penguin

which eventually made their search engine almost immune to spam. So if software developers can just persist, they can win this war against the ASICS. Software developers are able to create an almost impregnable environment by just constantly adding coding requirements.
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:44:49 PM

According to Whattomine profitability for XMR and ETH is almost the same on RX570 at this moment. It's OK but I was expecting XMR to be more profitable, at least now immediately after the fork.

whattomine isn't taking the actual difficulty into consideration.  difficulty should drop more on xmr
Marvell2 (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:16:02 AM

whattomine isn't taking the actual difficulty into consideration.  difficulty should drop more on xmr
yeah thats what i was expect as well my god the 30 percent asic figure was not even close wtf that means for eth and zcash probably the same thing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: