Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 07:54:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking Bitointalk  (Read 160 times)
tlcsecure (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:43:07 PM

My account was hacked and someone changed by email and login information.

I got an email from bitcointalk giving me the option to lock the account but I still had to re-register.

I may have lost my status and could now be a "Newbie" again. Is there a support or moderator fix for this?
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:49:47 PM

My account was hacked and someone changed by email and login information.

I got an email from bitcointalk giving me the option to lock the account but I still had to re-register.

I may have lost my status and could now be a "Newbie" again. Is there a support or moderator fix for this?

Surprisingly, there’s a sticky post about this very topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4113

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:15:47 PM

Follow the topic bitperson linked to the letter, and said it to either theymos or cryrus. Be warned though there's currently a huge backlog of accounts judging by all the threads in this section and you may be waiting a few months before hearing back. This is why you should make sure that you follow the instructions that have been linked to the letter to assure that you haven't made any mistakes. You can post the message here in this thread if you would like the public to verify the signed message.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: