Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How stable is Bitcoin.  (Read 1336 times)
kache2018 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:43:34 PM

Entering month of April, we are seeing the gradual increment on bitcoin's value. This leads to me this question, How stable is bitcoin? What are the factors indicating its constant movement aside from the fact that compared from the last years its value was unfathomable in a financial sense but sudden drops oppressing lots of investors. What sort of deem of hope to investors not to become disoriented and eventually selling there btc shares as its value decrease. What do you think guys?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:48:48 PM

compared from the last years its value was unfathomable in a financial sense
if you could "fathom" the rise of last year, specially the last month when there was about 100% rise in less than month then you should also "fathom" the current drop in the same "financial sense"!

but sudden drops oppressing lots of investors.
drops, whether sudden or gradual, only "oppresses" investors who were thinking price can always go up and only those who think rising price is the only way of making profit.

What sort of deem of hope to investors not to become disoriented and eventually selling there btc shares as its value decrease. What do you think guys?
someone who needs "hope" to hold on to, or invest in bitcoin shouldn't even be holding or investing in bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
keping1

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 05:05:59 PM

bitcoin is a long-term investment in my own opinion so if you want to invest dibitcoin mending buy now and save up to 2-3 years to come
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6216

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:32:48 PM

someone who needs "hope" to hold on to, or invest in bitcoin shouldn't even be holding or investing in bitcoin.
I agree with the other parts of your post, but not here.

"Hope" could be seen as a special kind of "confidence" in the "value proposal" of Bitcoin. I consider this kind of confidence to be essential for an asset that wants to be a currency.

At some moment in time, we will need to develop some kind of value theory for Bitcoin. That will "stabilize" the price in the sense that it becomes more predictable. I have hope that with the advent of Lightning and other methods that make Bitcoin more usable for real-world payments, we will have an easier job to develop such a value theory because "trading it for goods" connects Bitcoin to the "real economy".

To the OP: If you are interested in the evolution of Bitcoin's stability, you should look at the Bitvol Index. In short: Bitcoin's stability was gradually improving until the end of 2016, but then it increased again with the last crazy bubble. In 2018 we're seeing another decrease.

I guess that in periods where Bitcoin is used as a means of payment - mostly in bear markets - the stability improves, while in periods where most people buy it to speculate - mostly in bull markets/bubbles - volatility increases.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ngefek berat

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:07:03 PM

In April I am still very confident that bitcoin will show a high price Although sometimes the price suddenly decreased drastically just a test for traders to keep trying to be patient and definitely never to panic.In order to anticipate the occurrence of major losses later.
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:10:20 PM

Entering month of April, we are seeing the gradual increment on bitcoin's value. This leads to me this question, How stable is bitcoin? What are the factors indicating its constant movement aside from the fact that compared from the last years its value was unfathomable in a financial sense but sudden drops oppressing lots of investors. What sort of deem of hope to investors not to become disoriented and eventually selling there btc shares as its value decrease. What do you think guys?
I believe bitcoin is very stable. With the previous dropping of value it would have really colapsed if it was not rooted very well.since  january this  worst at month february it has started to rise again my middle of March.  If this cryptocurrency was not strong enough it could have desolve evenon it's early years where it has either no value or at very less value.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:13:59 PM

I don't see any signs of recovery. Where do you see them? In March, the price was $ 12,000. Now the price is about 7000 dollars. Is that what you call growth signs? Trust is easy to lose but very hard to restore. I don't like whales but it seems to me that without their help bitcoin will be very difficult to restore growth.
candolbitcoin214

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:17:06 PM

It can always experience price shifts easily in just a blink of an eye i believe bitcoin is a very pfofitable and stable cryptocurrency.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:20:14 PM

Yes bitcoin has not stability in many times so you think bitcoin will go and die but it is not like that you will need experience in this stagr so you can wait for sometimes it will change into normal .
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:23:54 PM

For me its looks like we really need one positive news that will bring back the confidence and renewed the interest of the investors to pump new money in the ecosystem so that they will not think of offloading this because they have somewhat lose their faith on the market.

Yes, there is still hope like Lightning Network. If this scalable solution be implemented, I think it will be the new catalyst for the market to bounce back at least to the 5 digits again and swayed more investors to the market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
aisyah88

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:29:20 PM

Maybe from my eyesight is almost 70% from the previous which is still a nightmare of all people, true bitcoin already shows its stability and now we hope in the next month, easy easy there will be a miracle on bitcoin prices ..
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:30:39 PM

I think the bitcoin still not recovered. so the bitcoin value is not yet stable. if you want to see and identify bitcoin movements, then you should look at all aspects that affect the crypto world. so you can compare the bitcoin value every year.

not much we must do today. when the correction condition then buys or hold is a good choice. and selling is a bad choice.

Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:41:59 PM

bitcoin values will only be stable if the natural correction is over. I mean is when in a correction condition, then there is still a chance for bitcoin to drop again drastically.

G20 has made us calm because they support bitcoin and also they see that bitcoin chart will be stable starting mid this year.
laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:44:19 PM

The power of bitcoin is decentralization. Bitcoin does not belong to any centralized banking system, so it is stable.
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:45:53 PM

There seem to still be a demand and out of all the crypto it is still the most widely-supported so IMHO it's still stable, in the meantime.

drops, whether sudden or gradual, only "oppresses" investors who were thinking price can always go up and only those who think rising price is the only way of making profit.

I suppose he's more of a trader and missed the chance to sell at the height? Hodlers aren't usually bothered by this since they know that even with prices fluctuating, the price still increases if you look at it an annual basis rather than weekly.
FrancePG

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

What kind of stability can we talk about? Bitcoin is absolutely unstable. Today it costs $ 9,000, tomorrow $ 15,000, and the day after tomorrow$5,000. And what kind of stability can we talk about in this area?!

Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:04:48 PM

There seem to still be a demand and out of all the crypto it is still the most widely-supported so IMHO it's still stable, in the meantime.

I suppose he's more of a trader and missed the chance to sell at the height? Hodlers aren't usually bothered by this since they know that even with prices fluctuating, the price still increases if you look at it an annual basis rather than weekly.
This has always been the case and we are used to it. But this time it could be different. Previously, capital did not leave the cryptocurrency market. When the price of bitcoin falling market appeared the coin which has been growing in price. Now it is not. All altcoins are showing a steady decline. This is a bad signal.
kirkarsedat

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:11:56 PM

Yes bitcoin has not stability in many times so you think bitcoin will go and die. If this cryptocurrency was not strong enough it could have desolve
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:25:14 AM

I agree with the other parts of your post, but not here.

"Hope" could be seen as a special kind of "confidence" in the "value proposal" of Bitcoin. I consider this kind of confidence to be essential for an asset that wants to be a currency.

At some moment in time, we will need to develop some kind of value theory for Bitcoin. That will "stabilize" the price in the sense that it becomes more predictable. I have hope that with the advent of Lightning and other methods that make Bitcoin more usable for real-world payments, we will have an easier job to develop such a value theory because "trading it for goods" connects Bitcoin to the "real economy".

To the OP: If you are interested in the evolution of Bitcoin's stability, you should look at the Bitvol Index. In short: Bitcoin's stability was gradually improving until the end of 2016, but then it increased again with the last crazy bubble. In 2018 we're seeing another decrease.

I guess that in periods where Bitcoin is used as a means of payment - mostly in bear markets - the stability improves, while in periods where most people buy it to speculate - mostly in bull markets/bubbles - volatility increases.
That is right. Bitcoins are billion worth coins that are doing amazing. This incredible coin have made the whole world amazed with their charm and charismatic characteristics. And as far as stability of the bitcoins are concerned, they are really and highly unstable coins. They don’t stick to one point, rather just keep on going higher and lower with passage of time. Really they are fantastic.
kirana08

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:47:47 AM

I believe in April is the starting point Bitcoin prices will go back up slowly and so is the Ethereum which is starting to green today.
there is still time to buy right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: