Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RFC] Potential release of AMD Lyra2z miner (Raw speed: Vega64 9.8 MH/s)  (Read 7123 times)
todxx

Activity: 176
Merit: 76

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:06:53 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 09:58:02 AM by todxx

someone also developing amd lyra2z miner https://github.com/todxx/tdxminer/releases
for me it cant see more then 1 card and stack at dev fee mine.

I was really hoping to get at least a beta build ready before setting this forum loose on it.
Also to get some feedback about any bugs, like the one you mention.
The github repo has an issue tracker that would be a great place to report problems like not finding devices.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Edit: Now that I look at it, I find it strange that this was posted here half a day after I posted my alpha release.  That's a hell of a coincidence.

Just a coincidence))
To make a topic - better choice, i think. You can get more feedback.

Yep, definitely a coincidence.  I'll make sure future releases are less coincidence prone.
And yes, a topic is what I should have said.  I'm new to posting here, as I'm sure you guys have noticed Wink

Edit: topic is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3299496.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:18:13 PM

I'd pay a 25% dev fee for this miner. At current levels it'd still yield more than twice what ETH brings in on my rigs of 570's.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 03:31:12 PM

Difficulty will skyrocket within hours, and eliminate any benefits for miners. 1-2% devfee is a sane suggestion.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
skrgahr

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:11:47 PM

any news? will this miner be released? i'm very interested in linux version.
ninjam

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:25:51 PM

Probably sold to highest bidder.
davewolf678

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:01:53 PM

any update or a download link
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:30:20 PM

25% devfee? Jog on.
FablomsFDP

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:39:31 PM

Long post, please read through if you have an interest in Lyra2z and is an AMD GPU owner, otherwise you can stop here.

Background: Lyra2z is commonly regarded as an "NVidia-only" algo since there are no public miners for available AMD GPUs worth the time. In reality, it's just a bullshit statement. You can pull off an highly optimized Lyra2z kernel that runs circles around the NVidia miners available, but you need to use techniques not available in OpenCL. GCN ASM is the only solution, and you need to be quite skilled working your magic.

My miner, which currently is a pure GCN ASM-replacement that I drop into sgminer, does 4.5-5.5 MH/s on a RX 580, 7-8.5 MH/s on a Vega 56 and 9-10.5 MH/s on a Vega 64, intervals depending on how you aggressively you set your clocks. So yes, a RX 580 now equals more than 1.5 1080ti and a not-too-overclocked Vega 64 can crunch more than 3x1080ti.

I only have tons of Vegas and RX580s of all sorts at my disposal to test with, but the implementation should work for any device >= GCN 1.4. The hashrate is pretty much a linear function of the nr of CUs that the card provides.

My question to the (zcoin and other tiny lyra2z altcoins) communities right now is: in what form do you want this miner released? Some choices are a classic dev fee miner, selling an unlimited amount of kernels for a set price (sp-mod style) or selling a limited amount of kernels to the highest bidders.

As you can figure, my own edge right now mining with my rigs is quite nice. The reason I'm writing this is an upcoming move and I will probably have to shut down my rigs. Personally, if I make this available at all, I'd prefer a public miner. I don't like selling to a few select people/farms. Also, the (supposedly) limited time left for ZCoin before the MTP fork renders an upfront investment obsolete in a not-too-distant future. The issue is that this will not be a 2% dev fee miner. Releasing it to the public is not worth it for me with anything less than a 25% dev fee, it's just simple math given the size of my mining rigs and my current edge. However, I know the shitstorm such a suggestion sparks in some entitled peoples' heads. Of course, the kernel will also be dumped and copied within a week regardless of how much I work on protection, and then my current edge is gone forever, which is also factored into the 25%.

So, before the kneejerk reactions take over completely, let me present a few arguments. Taking the obscurity of Lyra2z into account, I still don't believe there has been any other new miner instance where blood, sweat, tears and engineering ingenuity has improved the best known public miner for e.g. a stock RX 580 by 1800-1900% in one disruptive release and at the same time also completely crushed comparable NVidia GPUs across the board. That and the assumption that my edge will be short is what the 25% is about, not ripping people off. Even WITH 25% dev fee, mining zcoin with a Vega 64@180w theoretically yields 7 MH/s and $2.59/day net profit with this miner and has approx the same hashrate as two 1080tis. At the time of writing, this is > +140% profit/day compared to the current top entry in whattomine.com's standard list for a Vega64, and then you'd have to go to Claymore's Neoscrypt miner that consumes even more power and some complete shitcoin that makes ZCoin look like BTC. Presented with an obvious win/win, if you're still one of those guys that don't see the work and value involved and is pissed for feeling "ripped off" just because you have to adhere to the conditions that I, the rightful owner of the intellectual property, has stated, then trying every trick in the book to circumvent the dev fee, well, congrats, you're the reason these kernels stay hidden or sold exclusively to big farms. I could have presented this with a non-disclosed 50% dev fee, said that a Vega is now 4.5-5 MH/s, and you would all still have been impressed. THAT would have been a rip-off imho. Instead, I'm being fully transparent, which is a common thing to ask when new unknown miners are released.

So, the choice is yours. If I can be convinced enough people will actually honor a 25% dev fee, I might take the time to rewrite stratum code and other things to not violate GPL by stealing from sgminer, the miner codebase I know best. It's a serious investment in time. The easy route for me would be to just to sell the kernel: no rewrite of a serious codebase, no support, no dealing with imbeciles complaining about potential malware, but as stated above, this is not my preferred choice. Or I just continue keeping it private until the ZCoin MTP fork, no big loss for me really. This thread and/or PMs will decide.

A FWIW-style reference: I'm letting my dev workstation with a RX 580 and Vega 64 LC mine at Mintpond for a while now. You can verify the hashrate with the address below and see that it matches the attached pic (not a junior member, no inline pics...).

https://i.imgur.com/gDSNJLZ.png

https://mintpond.com/#zcoin:aPm4DXfXWLf59qvMMnQ7tHBzoYFNKCxFAD

EDIT: added Mintpond link
Good afternoon! Very interested in your message, tell me please, do you sell your miner or is there another way to get it?
Aleh777

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:57:47 AM

So will this paid miner be there?
I understand that the Creator wants 25% well, I agree when it will be possible to download and use it? Roll Eyes Wink
FablomsFDP

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:28:29 PM

I understand that the Creator wants 25% well, I agree when it will be possible to download and use it? Roll Eyes Wink
Apparently never ...
Aleh777

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:47:34 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 08:59:54 AM by Aleh777

Apparently never ...

So let's wait for other creators), this apparently does not want to earn money)

While x17 verge is also interesting in mining on AMD 580) (8.8 MHs-9.1 Mhs for one RX580 - I-18-20) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdLFw5KwxNA
TheRealSTU

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:28:43 PM

I always go by the rules of CAPITALISM - cos it works.
You do not need to justify dev fees, competition will do that.

Its simple really, if your hashrate (minus devfee) is not on par or better with other present or future competition - don't expect customers.
Even if it is on par - clients will not switch to setup and lose mining downtime + lose a familiar/accustomed miner + lose a stable setup + lose community/support....

Make the cheese big enough and they will come.

Sgminer is already on a lyra2z prerelease but atm poor hashrates for me, and tdxminer (6+MH/s) hopefully will come out with a windows release - so it will be wise to establish a good user base soon.

tetesh

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:11:23 PM

I want to purchase a miner that gives more than 5mh with rx580.
who has it please write to me at pm with the price
Sgsg666

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:13:08 PM

Any news on miner?
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:14:05 PM

I don't think there will ever be a release.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:44:17 PM

Lyra2z should be considered dead to GPU miners and coin devs need to wake up to that fact.  FPGA is owning Lyra2z and that will only get worse as time goes on.

Time to focus on true ASIC/FPGA resistance if new coin and existing coin projects want to be taken seriously as a proof of work algorithm.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:27:25 PM

Lyra2z should be considered dead to GPU miners and coin devs need to wake up to that fact.  FPGA is owning Lyra2z and that will only get worse as time goes on.

Time to focus on true ASIC/FPGA resistance if new coin and existing coin projects want to be taken seriously as a proof of work algorithm.

Where is FPGA? As far i know, some people is testing some FPGA and i remeber that i saw a FPGA for $3500 and it says 25mh/s on lyra2z, i think i can get more hash power with $3500 in a rig with amd cards.
Maybe if FPGA turns solid, with good support, devs, miners and easy to buy and a good price like $1000 instead $3500 i can consider 'dead for GPU miners'.
cod3gen

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 09:30:35 PM

Where is FPGA? As far i know, some people is testing some FPGA and i remeber that i saw a FPGA for $3500 and it says 25mh/s on lyra2z, i think i can get more hash power with $3500 in a rig with amd cards.
Maybe if FPGA turns solid, with good support, devs, miners and easy to buy and a good price like $1000 instead $3500 i can consider 'dead for GPU miners'.

GPU`s do consume alot more power than those FPGA`s, and there are already thousands of FPGA`s sold/preordered. And Lyra2z is the first algo they will "destroy".. :-S

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
schriss

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:09:12 PM

dev fee + windows release.
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:16:56 PM

GPU`s do consume alot more power than those FPGA`s, and there are already thousands of FPGA`s sold/preordered. And Lyra2z is the first algo they will "destroy".. :-S

Maybe you are right, but i'm waiting for proof and evidence.
Little few dev is working on FPGA, so i'm not sure when and if this is will be real. I didn't see any proof in video/pools that FPGA can hash that informed values.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: