Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:37:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Staking or Mining?  (Read 729 times)
atom2080

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:38:09 AM

I myself prefer staking but I have never done any mining so I cant really answer your question. Since I have nothing to go against I will simply say I like staking although I cant say for certain that it is better or worse than mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Princessjilian

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:58:23 AM

For me, if you have the knowledge on how it works and also the capital mining is the better than staking. But for like me who did not have the capital, staking is best because it doesnot require money investment only youre time, effort and knowledge.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:36:12 AM

Staking and mining are okay for me. i have some of PoW coins and PoS coins in my wallet.
as long as they bring profit for me, i can keep holding them.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Llyrmyst

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:23:29 PM

Fornme it will be saking because it is easy amd affordable. Wi just need a computer to access everthing in staking. Staking doesnt require a lot of money for investing.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:31:02 PM

Which do people prefer? Staking/Masternodes or mining?

Staking is more profitable & affordable, as in mining you have to buy expensive GPU or antminer, due to a high demand for GPU cards nowadays the price of GPU's are touching to the sky. Also, mining requires high electricity consumption & computational power to mine, and as a result, you have to pay high electricity bill & profit will be very less, so mining is not profitable as it was before. Staking your coins in a wallet or running a master is a good choice as you just need a laptop with an internet connection & just hold your coins in wallet & you will be getting 5~15% dividend annually depending on the type of POS based coin & amount of coins you are holding.

Mining apparatus are now so expensive due to the difficulty risen up got by the crypto's but if you consider to risk with the latest GPU's and other things then maybe you will gain more money with that since you could stake the coins that you mine. But apparently not all people can afford to buy high end GPU's so rather I think many of them would prefer to choose the staking.

I think the main problem with masternodes is that most coins/tokens require a large number of coins in order to run one. Does anyone know of some good coins that don’t require very many?

Another limitation is that my understanding is that a masternode has to be constantly running so you need that laptop running all the time. It would be interesting to see a list of coins that can be staked and the ones that use masternodes.
1000 years

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:37:40 PM

Staking is more profitable & affordable, as in mining you have to buy expensive GPU or antminer, due to a high demand for GPU cards nowadays the price of GPU's are touching to the sky. Also, mining requires high electricity consumption & computational power to mine, and as a result, you have to pay high electricity bill & profit will be very less, so mining is not profitable as it was before. Staking your coins in a wallet or running a master is a good choice as you just need a laptop with an internet connection & just hold your coins in wallet & you will be getting 5~15% dividend annually depending on the type of POS based coin & amount of coins you are holding.

Mining apparatus are now so expensive due to the difficulty risen up got by the crypto's but if you consider to risk with the latest GPU's and other things then maybe you will gain more money with that since you could stake the coins that you mine. But apparently not all people can afford to buy high end GPU's so rather I think many of them would prefer to choose the staking.

Agreed. Why do you think staking/masternodes aren't as popular as mining?
Probably because bitcoin / Ethereum mining is already in use for the already famous coin as well. But I think mining is now less productive in terms of profit if the hardware is not enough tools, because the price is expensive.
honestly I myself do not know how to work masternode. Do, any body to know,?

CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:02:57 PM

Yes.. I just confusing too about staking or mining, mining is more difficult for me cause I will need a hardware.
Staking I just affraid if on the project will scam. so can you guys give me some advice?

Just prefer staking, only our knowledge will deals and guides on how to manage such project, staking is the stepping stone in joining mining.
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:47:33 PM

Mining is costly, need much money to setup a mining rig. Plus it consumes too much electricity. In mining you also needs some extra funds so you can hold your coins/tokens you mine until the price goes up so that it will be profitable. Staking is ok if you don't have budget for a rig.
adamgilbert912 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 04:53:27 PM

Agreed. Why do you think staking/masternodes aren't as popular as mining?
Probably because bitcoin / Ethereum mining is already in use for the already famous coin as well. But I think mining is now less productive in terms of profit if the hardware is not enough tools, because the price is expensive.
honestly I myself do not know how to work masternode. Do, any body to know,?

Masternodes can be pretty complicated to set up. I found this new service that I like though that will show you step-by-step on how to set one up. It's only $50 right now and there's a 30-day money back guarantee.

Here's a link to their Bitcointalk thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738
Here's their website too >>> setupmasternodes.com

I know the guy that created it, so let me know if you have any questions.

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

I think the main problem with masternodes is that most coins/tokens require a large number of coins in order to run one. Does anyone know of some good coins that don’t require very many?

Another limitation is that my understanding is that a masternode has to be constantly running so you need that laptop running all the time. It would be interesting to see a list of coins that can be staked and the ones that use masternodes.

That's not necessarily true. There's a lot of reliable masternodes you can get for cheap such as QBIC, Innova, VIVO, and a bunch more. I run my own masternode and your laptop or computer doesn't need to be running constantly. Your VPS needs to be running constantly and you can get one of these for just $5/month. A third party keeps it running for you through cloud computing.

One limitation is that Masternodes can be pretty complicated to set up though... I found this new service that I like though that will show you step-by-step on how to set one up. It's only $50 right now and there's a 30-day money back guarantee.

Here's a link to their Bitcointalk thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 05:01:54 PM

thank you for culling up of this information! am going to follow it up to set up my master node, for staking and lending programs I don't want to go that path again! I have lost some real money in some Ponzi and MLM staking/lending program, like bitconnect (BCC),  davorcoin etc. my advice on staking is not an investment and is sustainable please stay away!

Hey, no problem!

Masternodes can be pretty complicated to set up. The service is only $50 right now and there's a 30-day money back guarantee.

Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:07:03 PM

i THINK WITH tiem there will pos or others but not pow Mining it becomes problematic as you need more and more electricity countires like Island will win in this situation.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Udrujes

Activity: 224

A decentralized registry for unique assets

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 05:12:21 PM

I believe that mining has grown to an extremely industrial scale, requiring huge investments at the start and a long payback period.

* Codex   |   Collect with Trust *
VisualPleasure

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

i prefer staking than mining. Why?
because its more profitable and less energy consumption.. beside that, even our money is being held as collateral for staking, we still have fll control to that.
in my humble opinion, staking is preferable than mining..
but.. mining is  more fun thou.. cmiiw.

Gizaza

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:53:05 PM

I prefer to invest in ICOs. It is more profitable. According to analysis tokens of exchanges give good gains. For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:56:41 PM

Staking is more affordable since you don't have to set-up any GPUs and you don't have to bother about maintaining your computer from time to time. Setting up a mining rig is a expensive and would require you to conduct atleast twice a month maintenance, and from what I've heard, mining is not that profitable anymore.
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:01:27 PM

To my knowledge Staking is more profitable mining staking provide freedom from electricity cost and rent space we can stake in our own computer as long as we want
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:28:25 PM

I personally prefer setting up masternodes...

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

Here's a link to the thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738

I'm fully confident that mining is not profitable now. The complexity is very high and the price is low. Some pools cease operations because of the fact that it has become unprofitable. Perhaps, soon the situation will change.

adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 02:26:44 PM

I prefer to invest in ICOs. It is more profitable. According to analysis tokens of exchanges give good gains. For example there is lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.

Don't you think ICO's are a lot more risky? And you may not always profit...

adamgilbert912 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 02:27:54 PM

I believe that mining has grown to an extremely industrial scale, requiring huge investments at the start and a long payback period.

Do you think staking/masternodes will reach that scale?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: