Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Staking or Mining?  (Read 732 times)
gokusenpai0302

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:09:58 PM

Which do people prefer? Staking/Masternodes or mining?

For me, I would go for Staking, why? simply because I can't afford a mining rig which is so expensive right now due to GPU shortage. Doing such bounty campaign will let you earn a decent amount of coins and hold it for a period of time until it reached the highest value. It will only require your time and effort in doing bounty campaign and be rewarded by stakes.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
Jet Kolet

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:49:08 PM

I think it's more profitable to become a mining because with the mining you can get more profit and the machine you use is very stable so as not to make damage to your machine.
depending on maintenance and temperature, the mining machine is able to survive. mining is profitable if the price of a coin in the mine is rising and expensive. what if the price goes down you could be losing because you have to pay for electricity. so calculate it properly and smartly so that you get a profit from mining.

www.bitcoincrowncoin.com |│The new era of online gaming
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  May 15th  ●
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:12:55 PM

I personally prefer setting up masternodes...

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

Here's a link to the thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738
Staking is better, it is the future, we can´t mine with graphic cards forever! It damages our planet!
Yeah, it is really the way to go. Mining is not even something one can easily count on these days with the way things are changing pretty fast with technology and you may be surprised that there is just so little that even your GPU miners will end up mining at the end of the day.

Staking is much easier to set up and requires nothing much compared to mining and that is one of the reasons why it would be basically ignorance that would make anyone to want to go into mining now unless they really have the bucks to set up a huge mining farm.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:23:56 PM

Staking and masternode are better for me. My electricity cost is high and it is not feasible to mine in my country. With the initial investment spent on mining equipments, I could buy some coins for staking.
adamgilbert912 (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 09:10:51 PM

Staking and masternode are better for me. My electricity cost is high and it is not feasible to mine in my country. With the initial investment spent on mining equipments, I could buy some coins for staking.

Have you set up any Masternodes?

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
thongnguyen1868

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:02:40 PM

Both mining are currently working in almost blockchain now but in the future POS does not consume energy because you can participate in mining. a very simply way. choose what you and the public want.
mimota168

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:03:01 PM

Another limitation is that my understanding is that a masternode has to be constantly running so you need that laptop running all the time. It would be interesting to see a list of coins that can be staked and the ones that use masternodes.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:08:14 PM

Staking altcoin or bitcoin where ever you are and any amount you cam use. But mining is needed big capital because you can buy computer, ventilation, and ofcoarse miner and it depends to your country also if the electricity is cheap or expensive. But mining and staking is both can get high profit if your stake or mine potential coin. You cn staking also while you mining.
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

good question honestly. It's hard to pick from this two as I like them both even if I didin't mine or stake until now I love the concept of staking as it's cost almost nothing but it requieres a substantial investment just to make sure you'll get as more coins as posbile from staking reward. when it comes about mining with rigs or asics well depends in wich county you are as prices of electricity is very different from country to country

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 06:02:23 PM

You COMPLETELY control the collateral and the ROI is often MUCH better than staking and mining.

However, they can be pretty difficult to set up. But I found this cool service that guides you through the entire process for only $50 and can get your masternode set up in only a couple hours...

Hey, I have a short story of my staking and miming experience. I have been in crypto since 2013 and never mined until 2017 with crypto Boom, then I purchased 1080TI*12 and 1070*6 for Zcash and Ethereum classic mining. To tell you the truth that was awful, even from technique side, I had allays had my rigs turning off for just no reason.. I think it is worth doing only if you are a large investor. Finally I sold all my rigs and was searching for good staking coins. I was lucky enough to grab cheap diamond coin, as well as strat and more than that I participated in Neblio ICO heavily that offers around 10% staking reward annually from amount you have. So I can easily name that passive income. My choice is staking > mining.

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Drachmadev

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:40:03 PM

If you can, do both. They are both very profitable in a different way and have advantages in different ways as well
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:43:04 PM

For some reason, I prefer STAKING than MINING
Because STAKING is more easy and simple, you don't need to do anything just leave your wallet online until your coin mature and wait for staking reward. More coin you have, more reward you get.
Don't like MINING, we should buy an expensive mining rig and should have knowledge about mining. But if you can do this, your life will be relax and easier to get " IZI MONEY "  Grin Grin
ronni01

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

I believe that everyone will fit his version of someone more secured and can extract cryptographic, and there are people who are hard at work Bounty earns money for life!
adamgilbert912 (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 05:08:38 PM

I believe that everyone will fit his version of someone more secured and can extract cryptographic, and there are people who are hard at work Bounty earns money for life!

Have you tried setting up a Masternode?

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:10:49 PM

Staking is the right choice for you. To exploit electronic money, you will have to invest a lot of machinery and to exploit the copper will take a lot of time with big costs
Howard1102

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:13:46 PM

If you have a lot of money to invest, you can choose to mine. But you will have to prepare a lot of things as an apartment to accommodate the extraction of computers and sometimes you will have to pay a lot of money electricity
Anchor867

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:41:08 AM

Well i prefer doing staking if you do not have a lot of money to invest but if you do have alreadt have a lot of money you can now  start mining so you can just sit and wait for those profits
buboyskie

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:43:49 AM

If you will ask me I would choose both because that's more profitable instead on spending one. It is always good to diversify your money properly as long you will choose the right thing that you think your money worth for investment especially right now cryptocurrency are still young here in our world and soon we all know how crypto gonna be really huge.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:09:43 AM

for me I prefer mining POW coin especially the new one rather than playing with some staking coin or masternode. when I mining some brand new coin, it is look like play with our luck sometimes. Im not having big rig to play with it, Im only using my tiny mining rig to deal with it. my rig are just for mining brand new coin or low cap coin. I did it with some coin like ITNS & DERO, mine at the very first.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:13:51 AM

I think mining was the early days of cryptocurrency and the cost vs reward ratio now make it expensive for the single user to enter this market and also make money from it. Staking is a far more green way to generate a return from your currency investment as it used very little energy and there are no equipment costs involved.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: