Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:25:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Predictions for Breaking even with 10 Block Erupters?  (Read 562 times)
wlan0 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:12:50 AM

So whats everyone's predictions on the time it will take for me to break even?
Spent $95.70 on 10 Block Erupters Power usage is possibly less then 100 kill-a-watts a month or atleast less power then a Hot Water heater uses daily.

I don't expect to make thousands of dollars im just curious to hear what some of you Bitcoin pros think.

My prediction is about 4 months if the price of Bitcoins stays going to up. Bitminter claims i'll make a sad 0.0033 per day at 3.3 Giga Hashes.
And also how much time do you figure i have left on making anything with these?

Ann Hashaway

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:25:16 AM

It's really anyone's guess. A year from now, BTC could be worth 10k each and you come out quite a bit ahead. But then again, difficulty can be 50x what it is now.

My advice, use the block eruptors to have fun and learn. If your trying to maximize profit, its probably better to buy the BTC outright.
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 04:25:49 AM

So whats everyone's predictions on the time it will take for me to break even?
Spent $95.70 on 10 Block Erupters Power usage is possibly less then 100 kill-a-watts a month or atleast less power then a Hot Water heater uses daily.

I don't expect to make thousands of dollars im just curious to hear what some of you Bitcoin pros think.

My prediction is about 4 months if the price of Bitcoins stays going to up. Bitminter claims i'll make a sad 0.0033 per day at 3.3 Giga Hashes.
And also how much time do you figure i have left on making anything with these?

Not counting the price of Bitcoin increasing, you'll never make ROI. If you do count it, you might, but you would have been better off investing the same amount in Bitcoin directly.

On the other hand, if you just bought them to learn about mining, ROI doesn't really matter and you're already on top! Smiley

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:26:17 AM

But if you had spent 95 bucks on bitcoin then you would have earned much more if the price of BTC goes up.

but hey it's a 100 bucks enjoy the blinky lights and a new hobby.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:55:47 AM

Haha "I don't expect to make thousands of dollars...". That's funny.

10 USB Block Erupters have a hash rate of 3.36 GH/s. Assuming that the difficulty rises at a modest rate of about 22% per period (currently it is more than 30%), your miners will mine a total of about 0.205 BTC, 0.195 BTC over the next 6 months.

At today's exchange rate, you will earn about $53.

But, let's look at it in terms of BTC. After all, instead of buy the mining gear to obtain bitcoins you could have just bought bitcoins directly. Assuming you bought the miners a week ago when the exchange rate was about $200/BTC, you could have bought 0.475 BTC instead.

Congratulations. You paid 0.475 BTC to mine 0.205 BTC.

My advice, use the block eruptors to have fun and learn.

Best advice ever

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 05:21:52 AM

Assuming you bought the miners a week ago when the exchange rate was about $200/BTC, you could have bought 0.475 BTC instead.
Which would now be worth $130 at $275/BTC.

Best advice ever
Indeed. Smiley

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
wlan0 (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:17:05 AM

Haha "I don't expect to make thousands of dollars...". That's funny.

10 USB Block Erupters have a hash rate of 3.36 GH/s. Assuming that the difficulty rises at a modest rate of about 22% per period (currently it is more than 30%), your miners will mine a total of about 0.205 BTC, 0.195 BTC over the next 6 months.

At today's exchange rate, you will earn about $53.

But, let's look at it in terms of BTC. After all, instead of buy the mining gear to obtain bitcoins you could have just bought bitcoins directly. Assuming you bought the miners a week ago when the exchange rate was about $200/BTC, you could have bought 0.475 BTC instead.

Congratulations. You paid 0.475 BTC to mine 0.205 BTC.

Best advice ever

I'd really like to know how you got them numbers currently been mining  07:16 hours i've already earned 0.02128931 with my Block Erupters with Bitminter so thats about $6 of my investment back already.
I never expect to make alot i wanted to try the whole feel of bitcoin mining i myself will never use Bitcoins nor will i pay real money for them i find that to be as silly as spending money on video game currency.

May people will argue that bitcoins are the next best thing but like all good things must come to an end.
I think the thing that will be the fall of bitcoins and you can disagree with me all you want but the down fall of bitcoins will be the fact that it will be for only people who have the money to buy Bitcoins.

Myself i'll never buy bitcoins if they keep going up nor do i expect new people who are on a fixed income and a tight budget.

People claim bitcoins are a non controlled currency? Wrong! He has the money controls the bitcoins.
I would explain why but i'd rather you ask me how i figure that He who has the money controls the bitcoins.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:35:16 PM

I'd really like to know how you got them numbers currently been mining  07:16 hours i've already earned 0.02128931 with my Block Erupters with Bitminter so thats about $6 of my investment back already.

There is no way that you mined 0.02 BTC in 7 hours with 10 USB block erupters. Maybe you forgot a couple zeros? At the current difficulty, your 10 miners will mine about 0.0033 BTC a day.

Perhaps you are mistaken and you have 10 Block Erupter Blades instead 10 USB Block Eruptors. Those are 10 GH/s each, not 336 MH/s. If that is what you have, then you got a very good deal on them and you will break even very quickly.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: