Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:52:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions to improve bitcointalk forum.  (Read 160 times)
kjnfmplm (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:03:47 AM

I have some suggestions that I think will improve the bitcointalk forum.

(1) Notification
          - Something like the notification bar in Facebook. Wherein you can get the numbers whether some users replied to your posts or if someone quoted your replies. It will make it easier to look for the new replies. Only, if that is possible to be applied in this forum.

(2) Bitcoin Value Bar
          - The current value of bitcoin. It can be placed at the bottom of the date, or at the center of the heading. It is much better to have other coins as well, such as Ethereum and Litecoin.

(3) Friends List
          - In my opinion, it is necessary in this forum. As for myself, I joined this forum because of my friends. And it would help if we have some friends list to quickly show the people you have added.

These are just some of the ideas/suggestions that I think will improve the forum. It does not mean that it will truly benefit the forum. But just in my own perspective.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lunarics
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 34

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:24:29 AM

(1) Notification
          - Something like the notification bar in Facebook. Wherein you can get the numbers whether some users replied to your posts or if someone quoted your replies. It will make it easier to look for the new replies. Only, if that is possible to be applied in this forum.

(2) Bitcoin Value Bar
          - The current value of bitcoin. It can be placed at the bottom of the date, or at the center of the heading. It is much better to have other coins as well, such as Ethereum and Litecoin.

(3) Friends List
          - In my opinion, it is necessary in this forum. As for myself, I joined this forum because of my friends. And it would help if we have some friends list to quickly show the people you have added.

These are just some of the ideas/suggestions that I think will improve the forum. It does not mean that it will truly benefit the forum. But just in my own perspective.

Nominate this person to the moderator and ideologue bitcointalk, remove old stale moderator power and put that person

Dear Jr. Member. You had to have to understand to offer with such a rank ideas as you and I have a useless! And for the future all who wants to write the idea lower than (Hero) don't waste time on it! All ideas will either be condemned or not heard! So spend your time studying other problems! On studying Economics in crypto world, read news .. In General learn! And leave the forum to adults how to regulate it. You must understand new ideas can come up the moderators admins they are not stupid people and understand it more
kjnfmplm (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:47:34 AM

(1) Notification

(2) Bitcoin Value Bar

(3) Friends List

Nominate this person to the moderator and ideologue bitcointalk, remove old stale moderator power and put that person

Dear Jr. Member. You had to have to understand to offer with such a rank ideas as you and I have a useless! And for the future all who wants to write the idea lower than (Hero) don't waste time on it! All ideas will either be condemned or not heard! So spend your time studying other problems! On studying Economics in crypto world, read news .. In General learn! And leave the forum to adults how to regulate it. You must understand new ideas can come up the moderators admins they are not stupid people and understand it more

Well, I guess I am just leaving this here and never be looked at again.
Indohunter

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 09:56:22 AM

but I think that update would not affected, instead will make the appearances looks more crowded.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:59:23 AM

There is already a facebook, why turn this forum into a clone?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:09:09 AM

(1) Notification
Doesn't the option "Show new replies to your posts" that you can see in the top of the screen mean nothing to you? It works pretty effectively with the target that you mentioned here.
(2) Bitcoin Value Bar
In this case the number of posts about current price of Bitcoin or other altcoin would trash the forum, because of every newbie would open a new thread to pay attention on the change.
(3) Friends List

As someone said already we have Facebook for friends and having such function would awake a lot of doubts from the side of managers and moderators about multiply accounts and so on.
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:09:46 PM

(1) Notification
Doesn't the option "Show new replies to your posts" that you can see in the top of the screen mean nothing to you? It works pretty effectively with the target that you mentioned here.
(2) Bitcoin Value Bar
In this case the number of posts about current price of Bitcoin or other altcoin would trash the forum, because of every newbie would open a new thread to pay attention on the change.
(3) Friends List

As someone said already we have Facebook for friends and having such function would awake a lot of doubts from the side of managers and moderators about multiply accounts and so on.

For Option 1, I would have to agree with kjnfmplm. Yes, show new replies will show you just that... New replies, It won't show you new replies that quote your own comment though. That's how most people have 1 on 1 discussions on this forum. (as for it being connected to Facebook... no, there's no point for that)

Option 2 is arbitrary and unnecessary in my opinion. It's clutter.

Option 3 I feel the same as in option 2. If you have built a relationship with someone you will have means to communicate and connect with them regardless if you have a list. If you need a list to remember them - you didn't build a relationship with them
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: