Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:30:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM ACCUSATION: TradeFortress + Inputs.io + theymos  (Read 14661 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:26:38 PM

Well just stop. If a site like btc-e would lose all of your bitcoin due to an hack, you would accuse the owner of running a scam.
Yes it is possible, but not likely.
Where are the people who know TF in real life?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:36:27 PM

pls go look @ TradeFortress trust rating

ttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=67058

This could be the stupidest post ever.  I don't think trust rating really matters at this point, but sadly that is probably why so many people blindly trusted putting their money into someone else's wallet.

If John K (arguably the most trusted person on this board) suddenly had an escrow get "hacked" that was worth $1,000,000.00 USD no one should give a shit about his trust for previous escrows.  They should care about the evidence that he provides that proves he was, in fact, hacked, and listen to the explanations laid out regarding that specific incidence.

To put it another way, if a man slept with 499 women consensually, but the 500th claimed he raped her, would you discredit the rape as saying, “well he didn’t rape the other women!” Huh
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:40:55 PM

Has any one heard for TradeFortress  Huh

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:54:44 PM

He is Australian, so he probably is sleeping now. He has responded to lots of emails today, and quite a few people were sent a (partial) refund.

I can't imagine he is getting much sleep right now.

He is either celebrating with all of the money he made off the heist, or he is feverishly working to try and figure out what the hell happened and how he can repay all of his customers.

You be the decide.
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:17:13 PM

Everything sounds a bit fishy, but I have to admit that I don't know any details, so I can't really make founded accusations here.  I only have/had 2 mBTC in there so it doesn't really hurt if the coins are gone (never keep too much in an online wallet, now proven again to be important), but I've nevertheless asked for a refund.  Let's see.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:18:49 PM

I am wondering how TF is verifying ownership and who lost their bitcoins and who didn't.
If he's doing it via users email address, It's stupidity, as anyone can send a fake mail from any account easily.

Inb4peoplestartsendingfakemails.
Email, deposit address and account balance, probably.

*Hackers* also know these things.. right?
Well, yes, but they can't use your email to answer emails...
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:13:51 PM

TradeFortess was warned that it is not OK to use Linode hosting back in July: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251553.0

Migrating to a physical server could be trivial, but instead he decided to stay with Linode and ignored all warnings.

I think it's quite obvious that it was staged. Linode was chosen as a scapegoat, as previously Bitcoinica was hacked in the same way: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3629/what-is-the-story-behind-the-linode-problem

So this looks plausible.

If it isn't a scam, it is a criminal negligence.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
wayner

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:31:13 PM

TradeFortess was warned that it is not OK to use Linode hosting back in July: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251553.0

Migrating to a physical server could be trivial, but instead he decided to stay with Linode and ignored all warnings.

I think it's quite obvious that it was staged. Linode was chosen as a scapegoat, as previously Bitcoinica was hacked in the same way: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3629/what-is-the-story-behind-the-linode-problem

So this looks plausible.

If it isn't a scam, it is a criminal negligence.

Yeah this whole thing looks fishy atleast, especially as the whole platform was marketed as high security wallet, in the end it doesnt seemed to be more secure then using a default wordpress and putting some bitcoind in background.

Especially the aggressive advertising of several channels is to blame here.
Ontop of that the refunding process has lots of contradictions, too. First he talks abouts full refund, then members of the forum report of partly refunds ... reminds of the bitcoin-24 process after all.

And who the fuck is "we" if he talks about "we" ... who are the other forum members that are part of this?
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:12:06 PM

TradeFortress,

Can I get a refund for the XRP that you stole from the Ripple Faucet before I banned you?

I expect a full 100% reimbursement.  The Ripple Faucet's address is r2hrqyjdLCBSkB6ADLpWkWtYFK96w1xMn.  You didn't just steal from me, but you also stole from all the other people who donated to the Ripple Faucet.

Graham

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:16:04 PM

TradeFortress,

Can I get a refund for the XRP that you stole from the Ripple Faucet before I banned you?

I expect a full 100% reimbursement.  The Ripple Faucet's address is r2hrqyjdLCBSkB6ADLpWkWtYFK96w1xMn.  You didn't just steal from me, but you also stole from all the other people who donated to the Ripple Faucet.

Graham
Full reimbursement after an $1+ mil USD loss?
You're a smart guy.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:19:00 PM

TradeFortress,

I expect a full 100% reimbursement.  The Ripple Faucet's address is r2hrqyjdLCBSkB6ADLpWkWtYFK96w1xMn.  You didn't just steal from me, but you also stole from all the other people who donated to the Ripple Faucet.

Graham
You're a smart guy.

He stole from the Ripple Faucet first, so I get first dibs on any type of compensation.

I am a smart guy.  Smarter than you that's for sure.  You're defending a known thief.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:05:45 PM

He stole from the Ripple Faucet first, so I get first dibs on any type of compensation.

I am a smart guy.  Smarter than you that's for sure.  You're defending a known thief.
So my intellect is lower due to me defending someone (who might and might not be a thief)?
Okay, having this discussion with such a low being creature is not worth mine or anyones time here.

Hopefully you don't get any reimbursement.  Smiley

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HarryT1923

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:33:41 PM

I am a smart guy.  Smarter than you that's for sure.  You're defending a known thief.
So my intellect is lower due to me defending someone (who might and might not be a thief)?
Okay, having this discussion with such a low being creature is not worth mine or anyones time here.

Hopefully you don't get any reimbursement.  Smiley
i can't believe people post shit like this. we are a community. we all lost here. TF was either extremely sloppy/unsafe/negligent (criminally, really), or he is a thief. there is nothing to be gained by insulting the victims. there is no question that whatever happened, it is purely TF's fault -- he is the cause of 100% of our grief.

so please, i hope we can avoid insulting victims for the sake of blindly defending TF. i wish everyone gets as much as possible back and i hope we can push TF out of our community forever.
HarryT1923

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:35:56 PM

TradeFortress,

Graham
You're a smart guy.
perhaps you can tell us about TF's personal bitcoin holdings? i'd like to know just how much he is sitting on, that's for sure.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:46:55 PM

How do we know that TheNewAnon1324 isn't TradeFortress himself?  He's been accused of sockpuppetry int he past. 
Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:48:47 PM

How do we know that TheNewAnon1324 isn't TradeFortress himself?  He's been accused of sockpuppetry int he past. 

On that note, how do we know that YOU aren't TradeFortress himself?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:49:53 PM

perhaps you can tell us about TF's personal bitcoin holdings? i'd like to know just how much he is sitting on, that's for sure.
Why would I do that?
Who ever said that the community deserved to get reimbursement? It's every mans fault for keeping money in something that WE all KNEW wasn't nowhere near safe as an wallet on your own computer or an offline one.
That's like putting your money in a bank which uses vaults made out of glass, rather than a bank which uses titanium ones? Huh?
Hopefully this will be a lesson to all of you.

Code:
Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
Why not.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
InwardContour

Merit: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:29:33 AM

Why would I do that?
Who ever said that the community deserved to get reimbursement?
deserve reimbursement? nothing about that. TF was either unbelievably negligent or stole the BTC himself and surely deserves everything bad that is coming to him.

i am well aware online wallets aren't safe. i use them for small amounts to avoid breaking cold wallets. that doesn't make it right to turn this into a victim-blaming game. enough with the "let this be a lesson". this won't be a lesson anymore than instawallet was, so stop it with the broken record already. some will learn, some won't, and some were already aware, but we don't need you acting all smug about it.

TF fucked everyone here. it's important to remember that. and here you are ITT "hoping" that people don't get reimbursement -- your words -- like a nasty little troll. get off your high horse.
InwardContour

Merit: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:39:24 AM

TradeFortress,

Graham
You're a smart guy.

how do you know it was him abusing the faucet? gotta say, this sounds super pathetic and scummy on the part of TF... but them again...that's become the norm.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:41:48 AM

The sleuthing has begun...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327178.msg3510722#msg3510722

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: