Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 06:12:16 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bounty Paid!] Go to Wall St in Front of N.Y. Stock Exchange  (Read 14070 times)
tedstein

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 08:36:26 PM

It would have had to have been Monday, which is a holiday. Sounds like we have an underwear-wearin' fed-hatin' bitcoin cowboy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
tenbagger

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 01:30:38 AM

sigh, I just told the guy earlier today that it's off and someone beat us to the punch. Now I get home and read this. I guess I'll try to talk to him again tomorrow and get this back on for tuesday.
Anonymous

February 19, 2011, 02:01:35 PM

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=fridays

A lot of  /b/tards  watch this cam setup in times square. Someone should hold up a bitcoin sign there .  Cheesy
tenbagger

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 02:46:33 AM

ok, he's gonna do it tuesday morning. he will have an aspiring filmmaker buddy of his shoot it and put it up on youtube.

as for the costume, I think the main point isn't so much that it relates to bitcoin but rather that it gets people's attention. I mean isn't that the ultimate goal? A lot of these suggestions like 1's and 0's will have no meaning whatsoever for the avg wall streeter that will see it. When I spoke with him today, he wanted to wear a hip suit. He is a former male model after all so I'm sure he can pull it off and look good it in. This way, he'll look sharp, but it won't be in the typical wall street navy suit way but rather a funky, hip, colorful way.

Any ugly guy can wear a coin costume. We've got a former model here so let's leverage his skill set. Remember that it's new york and wall street, people here are huge snobs. We see crazy fools on the street all the time so we're desensitized to it. I think it will have a much bigger impact if he looks trendy rather than a wacko. I also think the message will get a lot more respect and people will be more likely to read the flyer if it came from a well dressed, trendy model than a nutcase is a crazy suit.

Sponsors, would this choice of wardrobe be all right with you?
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1380

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 03:05:20 AM

I am okay with this. Cant wait!  Thx 4 putting this together!!!

Smiley Grin

░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄
░░███░░██████░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░██
░░███░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░██████▀▀██████████
░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░██████████
░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░░███████
░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░███████
░░░░░██████░░░███
░░░░░███████▄▄▄▄▄████████
░░░░░████████████████████
░░▄▄▄▄▄░░█████░░░░█████████
█████░░█████░░░░█████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████

START GETTING PAID FOR YOUR ATTENTION!
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JUSTICE IN THE WORLD OF ONLINE ADVERTISING!

BUY MASS COIN 】【 ICO PROSPECTUS
VISIT OUR WEBSITE
TWITTER 】【 FACEBOOK 】【 TELEGRAM

riX

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 10:46:58 PM

I'll donate 50 BTC each to the first two people doing this if the do it on different days. If they do it on the same day they'll get 25 each.

I'm assuming someone will film this..

Mahkul

Activity: 420

Be silent, or be silenced.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2011, 11:15:30 PM

ok, he's gonna do it tuesday morning. he will have an aspiring filmmaker buddy of his shoot it and put it up on youtube.

as for the costume, I think the main point isn't so much that it relates to bitcoin but rather that it gets people's attention. I mean isn't that the ultimate goal? A lot of these suggestions like 1's and 0's will have no meaning whatsoever for the avg wall streeter that will see it. When I spoke with him today, he wanted to wear a hip suit. He is a former male model after all so I'm sure he can pull it off and look good it in. This way, he'll look sharp, but it won't be in the typical wall street navy suit way but rather a funky, hip, colorful way.

Any ugly guy can wear a coin costume. We've got a former model here so let's leverage his skill set. Remember that it's new york and wall street, people here are huge snobs. We see crazy fools on the street all the time so we're desensitized to it. I think it will have a much bigger impact if he looks trendy rather than a wacko. I also think the message will get a lot more respect and people will be more likely to read the flyer if it came from a well dressed, trendy model than a nutcase is a crazy suit.

I agree a 100%, was going to suggest that myself. Can't wait to see this.

Bitalo.com coming soon!

1MAHKULzqZb4evFFg9157LvnJhJQQbeYo7
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2011, 05:05:19 PM

I agree this is the right way to go.  Can't wait to see it!!!

Does anybody know what would be the best time of the day to get media coverage?

Auroracoin forum: http://auroraspjall.is/   Auroracoin-enabled Q&A: https://spurt.is/
AuroracoinLocal: https://www.skiptum.is/   Auroracoin twitter tipping: http://auroratip.auroracoin.io/#/
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 21, 2011, 08:40:55 PM

So, the guy is going to do it tomorrow.
Does he know bitcoin well enough to answer questions people might ask him?

This will be cool. Cheesy

18rZYyWcafwD86xvLrfuxWG5xEMMWUtVkL
tenbagger

View Profile
February 21, 2011, 09:10:33 PM

So, the guy is going to do it tomorrow.
Does he know bitcoin well enough to answer questions people might ask him?

This will be cool. Cheesy

his knowledge of bitcoin is minimal. I wish I could be there but I am busy at that time and I won't be able to make it. I just printed out a huge stack of flyers for him to pass out tomorrow so he's just gonna have to refer people to the flyer. He will let me know as soon as his buddy uploads the video to youtube and I'll post the link here.
Mahkul

Activity: 420

Be silent, or be silenced.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2011, 07:09:16 PM

Is this happening?

Bitalo.com coming soon!

1MAHKULzqZb4evFFg9157LvnJhJQQbeYo7
endian7000

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 03:56:10 PM

Someone in my office (near the NYSE) said they saw it this morning!

Of all the mornings for me to come in late...
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 04:26:38 PM

Someone in my office (near the NYSE) said they saw it this morning!

Of all the mornings for me to come in late...

Can't wait to see the video...

░░███░░█████████████
░░░░░██████░░░███

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

VISIT OUR WEBSITE

tenbagger

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 09:05:00 PM

I just confirmed that he did do it this morning and everything was recorded.

It was freezing cold this morning in NYC so he was unable to wear the originally planned suit which is fairly light. I think he just wore a standard coat and I hope this is all right. I also took the liberty to make double sided copies, the front had the document that jimbobway posted and the back, I took the info from bitcoinme.com and formatted it to fit on one page. Unfortunately, I don't think it will get any media coverage. We put out the word to some low level media contacts and tried our best. Hopefully we can plan better next time and get it on CNBC.

I am also looking forward to seeing the video and I will post the link as soon as he uploads it.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 09:11:35 PM

Excellent...sounds like a good first attempt...

░░███░░█████████████
░░░░░██████░░░███

VISIT OUR WEBSITE

Stefan Thomas

Activity: 235

AKA: Justmoon

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2011, 09:30:05 PM

Awesome!! Can't wait to see the documentation! Cheesy

Twitter: @justmoon
PGP: D16E 7B04 42B9 F02E 0660  C094 C947 3700 A4B0 8BF3
Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 06:26:41 PM

Posting this as a favor to thetenbagger:

thetenbagger:
hey bruce, u there?
can you do me a favor, i wont be at my home comp for a while and i cant for the life of me remember by pw for the bitcoin forums
could you post this on the wall street thread for me? thanks
http://vimeo.com/20346547

the password is "NYSE"
i guess the filmmaker guy put it on vimio and pw protected it but the guy who actually did it has no problems with it being publicly viewable so if anyone wants to put it on youtube, they can

Done.    Smiley

See http://dl.dropbox.com/u/993053/Download/Temporary/Photos/StopTheFed_24.5k.jpg
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 07:30:39 PM

Let me know what address to send the bitcoins.

░░███░░█████████████
░░░░░██████░░░███

VISIT OUR WEBSITE

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 1946

BTC Up or Down? go to www.bullbearanalytics.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2011, 08:32:12 PM

me too.

He did a great and especially brave job.

He also gets my 30 BTC, despite the fact that he did notlink his outfit to the bitcoin idea.

Please let me know the address.

Still, my marketing experience tells me that next time, he needs more creativity about his look to create more awareness. I am happy to help planning the next event with a "concept" development and helping on preparing the plan.

>15years analysis experience

Always do your own due diligence & consult your financial advisor. Never invest unless you can afford to lose your entire investment.

http://twitter.com/BitcoinAnalyst

Subscribe here
Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:00:58 PM

Is it lawful to be in your underwear?

google times square naked cowboy. as long as he keeps certain areas covered, I don't see why it wouldn't be legal.

The underwear idea was brought up because it may generate more publicity. We have a few low level contacts in the media and we were trying to think of ways to get this picked up. He surely would prefer not to be in his underwear or any other ridiculous costume. However, we were hoping that a gimmick like that might make it more likely to get picked up by CNBC or the local NY news outlets. The community as a whole would benefit tremendously and he could earn a higher bounty for his contribution. We were thinking that we could leverage his assets and his prior experience as an underwear model, but if anyone has a better idea, we are certainly not locked in on that one option and are open to other suggestions.

We are shooting for next tuesday as a target date. We're looking to do all we can to get this picked up by the mainstream media and if we are successful, hopefully the community that will benefit from it will step up and fairly compensate this brave soul! Smiley

I happen to know the hottest male underwear super-model in the industry.  He also happens to be on the billboards over Times Square, in his underwear, for Target ads.   He also happens to be a HUGE supporter of Bitcoin, and anti-The-Fed movements, etc.     He also looks hotter than Marky Mark did in his Times Square (and fashion magazine) underwear ads for Calvin Klein...   (Remember those?)

I think my friend might be persuaded to do such a thing....  in only his underwear and sneakers showing off all his assets, abs, muscles, etc......  for the right bounty.

The press could be alerted in advance... and you guys are correct in your instincts....   Lunch hour crowds would definitely swarm like mad...  And this whole scene would be totally irresistible to the media.

We're talking about HUGE publicity.

Thoughts?

( Please email me or call me if it's urgent.  I'm finding less and less available time to catch up in the forums, sadly. )
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.