Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:14:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bounty Paid!] Go to Wall St in Front of N.Y. Stock Exchange  (Read 14742 times)
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2011, 05:05:19 PM

ok, he's gonna do it tuesday morning. he will have an aspiring filmmaker buddy of his shoot it and put it up on youtube.

as for the costume, I think the main point isn't so much that it relates to bitcoin but rather that it gets people's attention. I mean isn't that the ultimate goal? A lot of these suggestions like 1's and 0's will have no meaning whatsoever for the avg wall streeter that will see it. When I spoke with him today, he wanted to wear a hip suit. He is a former male model after all so I'm sure he can pull it off and look good it in. This way, he'll look sharp, but it won't be in the typical wall street navy suit way but rather a funky, hip, colorful way.

Any ugly guy can wear a coin costume. We've got a former model here so let's leverage his skill set. Remember that it's new york and wall street, people here are huge snobs. We see crazy fools on the street all the time so we're desensitized to it. I think it will have a much bigger impact if he looks trendy rather than a wacko. I also think the message will get a lot more respect and people will be more likely to read the flyer if it came from a well dressed, trendy model than a nutcase is a crazy suit.

Sponsors, would this choice of wardrobe be all right with you?
I agree this is the right way to go.  Can't wait to see it!!!

Does anybody know what would be the best time of the day to get media coverage?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2011, 08:40:55 PM

So, the guy is going to do it tomorrow.
Does he know bitcoin well enough to answer questions people might ask him?

This will be cool. Cheesy
tenbagger

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2011, 09:10:33 PM

So, the guy is going to do it tomorrow.
Does he know bitcoin well enough to answer questions people might ask him?

This will be cool. Cheesy

his knowledge of bitcoin is minimal. I wish I could be there but I am busy at that time and I won't be able to make it. I just printed out a huge stack of flyers for him to pass out tomorrow so he's just gonna have to refer people to the flyer. He will let me know as soon as his buddy uploads the video to youtube and I'll post the link here.
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 22, 2011, 07:09:16 PM

Is this happening?
endian7000

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 03:56:10 PM

Someone in my office (near the NYSE) said they saw it this morning!

Of all the mornings for me to come in late...
tenbagger

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 09:05:00 PM

I just confirmed that he did do it this morning and everything was recorded.

It was freezing cold this morning in NYC so he was unable to wear the originally planned suit which is fairly light. I think he just wore a standard coat and I hope this is all right. I also took the liberty to make double sided copies, the front had the document that jimbobway posted and the back, I took the info from bitcoinme.com and formatted it to fit on one page. Unfortunately, I don't think it will get any media coverage. We put out the word to some low level media contacts and tried our best. Hopefully we can plan better next time and get it on CNBC.

I am also looking forward to seeing the video and I will post the link as soon as he uploads it.
Stefan Thomas

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

AKA: Justmoon

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2011, 09:30:05 PM

Awesome!! Can't wait to see the documentation! Cheesy

Twitter: @justmoon
PGP: D16E 7B04 42B9 F02E 0660  C094 C947 3700 A4B0 8BF3
Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 06:26:41 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2011, 06:39:01 PM by brucewagner

Posting this as a favor to thetenbagger:

thetenbagger:
hey bruce, u there?
can you do me a favor, i wont be at my home comp for a while and i cant for the life of me remember by pw for the bitcoin forums
could you post this on the wall street thread for me? thanks
http://vimeo.com/20346547

the password is "NYSE"
i guess the filmmaker guy put it on vimio and pw protected it but the guy who actually did it has no problems with it being publicly viewable so if anyone wants to put it on youtube, they can

Done.    Smiley

See http://dl.dropbox.com/u/993053/Download/Temporary/Photos/StopTheFed_24.5k.jpg
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 07:30:39 PM

Let me know what address to send the bitcoins.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 08:32:12 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2011, 09:58:51 PM by S3052

me too.

He did a great and especially brave job.

He also gets my 30 BTC, despite the fact that he did notlink his outfit to the bitcoin idea.

Please let me know the address.

Still, my marketing experience tells me that next time, he needs more creativity about his look to create more awareness. I am happy to help planning the next event with a "concept" development and helping on preparing the plan.

Bruce Wagner

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:00:58 PM

Is it lawful to be in your underwear?

google times square naked cowboy. as long as he keeps certain areas covered, I don't see why it wouldn't be legal.

The underwear idea was brought up because it may generate more publicity. We have a few low level contacts in the media and we were trying to think of ways to get this picked up. He surely would prefer not to be in his underwear or any other ridiculous costume. However, we were hoping that a gimmick like that might make it more likely to get picked up by CNBC or the local NY news outlets. The community as a whole would benefit tremendously and he could earn a higher bounty for his contribution. We were thinking that we could leverage his assets and his prior experience as an underwear model, but if anyone has a better idea, we are certainly not locked in on that one option and are open to other suggestions.

We are shooting for next tuesday as a target date. We're looking to do all we can to get this picked up by the mainstream media and if we are successful, hopefully the community that will benefit from it will step up and fairly compensate this brave soul! Smiley

I happen to know the hottest male underwear super-model in the industry.  He also happens to be on the billboards over Times Square, in his underwear, for Target ads.   He also happens to be a HUGE supporter of Bitcoin, and anti-The-Fed movements, etc.     He also looks hotter than Marky Mark did in his Times Square (and fashion magazine) underwear ads for Calvin Klein...   (Remember those?)

I think my friend might be persuaded to do such a thing....  in only his underwear and sneakers showing off all his assets, abs, muscles, etc......  for the right bounty.

The press could be alerted in advance... and you guys are correct in your instincts....   Lunch hour crowds would definitely swarm like mad...  And this whole scene would be totally irresistible to the media.

We're talking about HUGE publicity.

Thoughts?

( Please email me or call me if it's urgent.  I'm finding less and less available time to catch up in the forums, sadly. )
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:17:34 PM

Definitely go for it, but make sure Bitcoin is in the focus and not his abs. Wink Publicity is publicity.
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 10:09:52 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2011, 10:37:39 PM by jimbobway

EDIT: I can't seem to download the video...how now?

Ok, I am using the downloader at ant.com...downloading now.  I'm gonna mix it up and add music to it.
Bruce Wagner

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 10:54:21 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2011, 11:21:30 PM by brucewagner

EDIT: I can't seem to download the video...how now?

Use the Firefox Add-on called videodownloadhelper.

Definitely go for it, but make sure Bitcoin is in the focus and not his abs. Wink Publicity is publicity.

Ok.  I hit him up.   He said, "Absolutely!"

I asked him how much he's need to do it.....

He said he'd do it for 1000.... since he would have to fly to NYC.     He'd do it with a big smile for 2000.   Smiley

I asked his permission to show you who he is...  He said, "Sure!"

As you can see....  He is very intelligent, very knowledgeable about Bitcoin, The Fed, and related issues, very well-spoken....  and.... very easy on the eyes.

His name is Anthony A Anderson

Here's what he looks like (but better in person):   http://dl.dropbox.com/u/993053/Download/Temporary/Photos/Anthony.jpg

Some of his modelling pics:  http://rawmodelcom.blogspot.com/2008/08/modeling-pics.html

His web site about raw/healthy food/nutrition:   http://rawmodel.com

On Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/Anthony.A.Anderson

Facebook Profile Photos:   http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=585870894&aid=216951

Him published in the Huffington Post:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anthony-anderson/the-raw-model-diet-a-day_b_127635.html

Trust Me.   In his underwear....   He will get a LOT of attention....  no matter WHERE he stands.     Even the straightest of straight guys do a double-take...  He has a movie star presence that is incomparable.

Thoughts?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 11:13:00 PM

Thoughts?

You have a tendency to exaggerate.

Bruce Wagner

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 11:26:58 PM

You have a tendency to exaggerate.

Smiley    Maybe.

But he's a very close friend of mine.  I've seen the enormous checks he gets for one day on a modelling shoot in New York, LA, Paris, wherever.  Also, my other friends, when they meet him, often freeze up in his presence.  It's very real.  Not my imagination at all.   Smiley

....just sayin.     Wink
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 01:50:31 PM

In his underwear....   He will get a LOT of attention
Then he needs to wait until summer, because you can see from the video how cold it was in NY for the guy who did it on Tuesday.

But must he do this in NY? Surely there are suitable locations that don't require a flight?
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 04:10:59 AM

Let me know what address to send the bitcoins.

you there tenbagger?  see quote above...
tenbagger

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 09:59:29 PM

sorry guys for not responding sooner.

I instructed the guy who actually did it to create an account on mybitcoin and then send me the address. I'll post here as soon as he gets me a receiving address.
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 10:24:17 PM

Watching this makes me feel like printing a few hundreds of leaflets about Bitcoin and do a tour around the town.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: