Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:03:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A great idea that is worth to be realized  (Read 2254 times)
amunet (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:17:25 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 04:15:38 PM by amunet

I have a really great idea. I think it is the greatest idea since the start of economy of mankind and absolutely genius.
It is the idea of my life and therefore I did not share it yet.

I want to make sure we (that means all people that will be involved in the project) will not just successfully start with the idea, but will persist as the leading platform. You can bet your blood that there will be people who will copy our service. We might want to patent the idea, but I do not believe in patents. We just have to be the original one. Such patents are against the OpenSource spirit as well, so I do not like them. If you think we should patent it or protect it otherwise, I would agree but I do not want to do the bureaucratic stuff. I do not even believe in statism, but this is a different topic.

Bitcoins allows us a mostly open structure. User accounts will be funded with Bitcoins and Bitcoins will be used for payments/purchases/investments/however you call it and for payouts. So we do not have any trouble with identifying or verifying our users. We might not even require an email address for the user account, only the Bitcoin address and a password. All AML stuff and other legal stuff is managed by the Bitcoins exchangers and we do not have to care about as we would need to if we were running the service with other currencies which are controlled by the banks.

Ok, before I can tell the idea in detail we need to have a working team which will stay together until the project is ready to go online and will be part of the staff when the site is running.

As I need to check out all people in some way building the team could take some time. I think the easiest way would be that everyone signs a disclaimer to not tell anyone about the idea and "forget" it when he or she will not longer participate in the development.

It will be a large project and we will need any skills you can find in the web:
- web developers with beginner to expert skills in JavaScript and common libraries, HTML, maybe PHP - I thought about using node.js for the server side too
- graphic designers who are skilled in Gimp and/or Photoshop, maybe CSS and HTML too
- people who can create awesome promotion videos for youtube and so on, maybe skilled in Adobe After Effects
- writers for some good text pages and translators and other (advanced to) experts for their particular language, when you hear the idea you will know why
- cloud experienced people for the case we need to expand the project when it is successful. Maybe we need to respect this already in the basic design. I have a lack of knowhow here.
- security experts for the website itself and to harden the bitcoin wallet(s) which are about to be stored on the server

Basic requirements:
- a shared wallet like explained below
- an easy to use user management system based on node.js and some database, can be MySQL, can be something better, but I want to have a simply ORM to it for node.js so programming the data parts are not a pain of life with writing SQL statements for each piece of information you want to get out of the database
- a development (webserver) environment - I think I can provide this, maybe on a small VPS
- maybe we should use git from the beginning so we can track any process, etc.
- node.js bindings to some bitcoin api/server - we will need to create a lot of new addresses
  - might need fast transactions - I am not sure yet if we can use inputs.io or something for it, might be the easiest solution but as it was recently hacked I would
    not prefer it

And I thought about making it multilingual from the beginning, so we are international and will be the first in most languages.
Therefore we will need translators, but with our open structure this will be easy. It will not be fully opensource at all, so the disclaimer should make clear that nobody is allowed to get something from the source to make a similar project. I think this will already be excluded by "do not tell anyone about the idea".

Funding:
We need a sort of a shared wallet. I do not know if something like this exists.
If not, we need to develop it first.
A shared wallet would mean that everyone can deposit some Bitcoins and then the wallet saves this new proportion in relation to the new balance and that everyone can withdraw his proportion again.
For example when the balance is 0.1 BTC (I think we do not need to set hard limits here, maybe same limits so the transaction fees will not be so expensive) and someone deposits 0.05 BTC this would be a proportion of 33.3% of the new balance which would be 0.15 BTC. When this person wants to get his share back and the balance raised to 1.5 BTC because we made profit this person gets out 33.3% of it: 0.4995 BTC - so about 10 times, there is a rounding error with 33.333333..., but you understand the principle. Everyone gets his or her percentual share from the balance, no matter how high it is. If the balance falls down to 0.015 BTC for some unreal reason the person would be able to withdraw 33.3% of it too: 0.004995 BTC. This is nothing new, but I did not see it for Bitcoins yet and we will require it for getting this project funded.
I welcome better ideas about the shared wallet.
And I might get some amount to start with soon, but basically we should run on low-cost. And I want to run the page on a fast server (meaning an own root server with possibility to expand in a cloud or something) in an very early stage.

The idea:
I can not tell the idea yet, because we would have to hurry the development to be the very first to start such a service after the idea would have been revealed.
All I can say about the idea is that people will be able to invest (Bitcoins) there and can make profit by buying and selling again.
I will be kinda a new market which never existed before and is all about the right time and right decisions like on the forex market for example to make profits.
So the idea is to provide a service for this. Therefore it will be a serious service, not a ponzi scheme like HYIP or something. Despite the fact that users will be
able to make high investments. I think we should offer different scales. So a scale for 1-999 mBTC, a scale for 1-99 BTC or so, a scale for satoshis or even more scales. Then people can invest (and trade) low, but very high too. But it will not be just market trading. At least not assets trading at all.
I can not get into detail yet.

I would prefer communication via TorChat during the development to add more security until we launch. I have skype and other IMs too, but I normally use textmode only and speak (write) English and German.

My TorChat id is l4buztco4f37mgl4

I am not selfish or something but as this is the idea of my life I will be the project "leader", meaning that I have the last decision.

Feel free to advertise this thread in your local forums.

Update: Please register at https://www.hostedredmine.com/account/register and tell me (better as a private message) the username or your real name so I can add you to the members list of the project management. Then you can access the first document in the project which tells about the idea in some detail (about 7 kB text).
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:41:22 PM

The inevitable question ... apart from the "idea" how are you going to contribute to the realisation of the project? Have you got the money?
virtualmaster

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:13:14 PM

I have a really great idea. I think it is the greatest idea since the start of economy of mankind and absolutely genius.
It is very modest and genial. I can understand your secrecy.
Is this the 2.0 version of this idea ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283390.msg3031326#msg3031326

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:20:58 PM

I will have money for this project yes.

But I am not sure if I can pay workers and I am not talking about making this project _for_ me, but I want it to be a open project. It has to be a bit secret in the beginning, sure.

And I will contribute programming and graphics and stuff too. I am going to be very active for this, well it is my idea.

Quote from: virtualmaster
Is this the 2.0 version of this idea ?
i've said to much  already :ninja:

LOL! No it is not Smiley This is a serious project.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:53:03 PM

http://www.cs.uni.edu/~wallingf/blog/archives/monthly/2010-12.html#e2010-12-01T15_45_40.htm Roll Eyes

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:58:33 PM

Well. I do not need to discuss with people who are not interested.

And this project will need more than just one programmer. Wink

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:08:42 PM

You talked a lot about the frontend shininess and advertising, and the non-disclosure agreement about what your business model is, and the funding approach, but didn't say anything about any kind of backend work being needed. Making a really nice Ponzi site?
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:10:48 PM

TLDR Version anyone?

Or does the bottom that says, he won't tell yet about sum it up?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:15:22 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 07:07:49 PM by amunet

but didn't say anything about any kind of backend work being needed. Making a really nice Ponzi site?

Oh, did you read the basic requirements section?

The first work to be done is to make a choice on the right framework or library that allows us to connect node.js to a database (which can be MySQL or can be something that fits better to node.js) and then a library for having a user management using node.js and that database and which could use the bitcoin address as username. If nothing like this already exists it would be the first piece to be developed.

No. It is not going to be a ponzi scheme site. There will be real trading among the users and maybe the server.
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:23:58 PM

TLDR Version anyone?

She will tell to a group who wants to realize this project.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:34:33 PM

TLDR Version anyone?

She will tell to a group who wants to realize this project.

To the group, that still doesn't realize wtf the idea is?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Illustrator Dan

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:08:16 PM

I'm definitely interested. I can contribute to the visual side of things.

Also have you been to https://just-dice.com? On their page they have the option to 'invest' and it is basically what you would call a shared wallet. People choose to add Bitcoins to the wallet and depending on their share size and the amount of their deposit, stand to either gain or lose funds. I think something like this would work very well for this project.
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:34:04 PM

I'm definitely interested. I can contribute to the visual side of things.
Very good. I would like to see some of your work.

Also have you been to https://just-dice.com? On their page they have the option to 'invest' and it is basically what you would call a shared wallet. People choose to add Bitcoins to the wallet and depending on their share size and the amount of their deposit, stand to either gain or lose funds. I think something like this would work very well for this project.

Yes this is kinda what I thought about with "shared wallet", but we can not use that one for this project. It will be a source of inspiration.
Frz

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:54:37 PM

The first work to be done is to make a choice on the right framework or library that allows us to connect node.js to a database (which can be MySQL or can be something that fits better to node.js) and then a library for having a user management using node.js and that database and which could use the bitcoin address as username. If nothing like this already exists it would be the first piece to be developed.
How did you reach the design choice "node.js"? Why not rails, django, play or anything different? What do you see in node? I'm always interested in working on cool projects that bring new things to the world but I wouldn't want to without knowing anything. The basics you described can be easily implemented in any programming language however what is the goal?
person

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:12:19 PM

If you think we should patent it or protect it otherwise, I would agree but I do not want to do the bureaucratic stuff.
I think the easiest way would be that everyone signs a disclaimer to not tell anyone about the idea

So you want something that :
- is like opensource but is not open.
- you don't think should be patented or protected but requires signing a disclaimer.

Maybe it will be a free service but people will have to pay for it? Smiley

I want to make sure we (that means all people that will be involved in the project) will not just successfully start with the idea, but will persist as the leading platform. You can bet your blood that there will be people who will copy our service.

This is a really bad sign. If the idea of your life can be easily copied just by someone hearing about it, it WILL be copied.
This means you don't have ANY competitive advantage. And "being first" could give you some remote possibility of an advantage only if: you lockdown the market (patent worldwide and enforce it), limit resources (control all available related resources) or create a lock-in effect (changing services later is costly).

A related research (Copycats from Oded Shenkar) shows that those that copy an original "innovation" usually end up with 98% of the value (~2% to the "first mover"). And also can do it with an investment 30%-40% lower.
The same is not true with opensource movements that are able to generate momentum.

So if this is really such a great idea... I'll wait until it's live! Smiley
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:24:15 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 11:36:07 PM by amunet

How did you reach the design choice "node.js"? Why not rails, django, play or anything different? What do you see in node? I'm always interested in working on cool projects that bring new things to the world but I wouldn't want to without knowing anything. The basics you described can be easily implemented in any programming language however what is the goal?

The main reason is because node.js is non-blocking and I had very good experience with node.js applications. Others may be non-blocking too. But a node.js http server is very lightweight too. It only takes a few lines to create a basic server.

I think everything could be made in every language.

But as node.js is JavaScript it can be programmed more easily than having to know ruby, python or other languages.

I have thought about doing it in Java (play would be a useable framework), but then I decided it would be better to not have a Java VM running which always takes some more ressources than others which would not be the problem with a good root server. Basing on JavaScript instead of Ruby, Java, Python or PHP (most people know PHP but it becomes insecure very fast when you are not an expert) allows more people to help programming, I guess.

amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:35:01 PM

So you want something that :
- is like opensource but is not open.

It can not be open for now as you said it would be copied before it is even finished. Parts of the software could be opensourced later.
I am more talking about an open structure, so not like "I am the boss" and others are my workers. The more people get involved the more known the idea gets. I see that there might be forks or parallel developments then.

You are right that a lot of second versions of an idea do some things better. We will improve too later and might create a third version then. That is ok.

I do not believe in an economy that destroys others at all. Services has to serve the people and can exist by each other. I do not believe in competition at all.

- you don't think should be patented or protected but requires signing a disclaimer.

Maybe it will be a free service but people will have to pay for it? Smiley
They will invest. Maybe the service should charge a low fee at some point.

The disclaimer is for this phase.

I do not want to patent it because I do not believe in this system with patent laws and shit.

I want to make sure we (that means all people that will be involved in the project) will not just successfully start with the idea, but will persist as the leading platform. You can bet your blood that there will be people who will copy our service.

This is a really bad sign.

No. It is a really good sign! Cheesy
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:09:48 PM

I can not tell the idea yet, because we would have to hurry the development to be the very first to start such a service after the idea would have been revealed.
All I can say about the idea is that people will be able to invest (Bitcoins) there and can make profit by buying and selling again.
I will be kinda a new market which never existed before and is all about the right time and right decisions like on the forex market for example to make profits.
So the idea is to provide a service for this. Therefore it will be a serious service, not a ponzi scheme like HYIP or something. Despite the fact that users will be
able to make high investments. I think we should offer different scales. So a scale for 1-999 mBTC, a scale for 1-99 BTC or so, a scale for satoshis or even more scales. Then people can invest (and trade) low, but very high too. But it will not be just market trading. At least not assets trading at all.
I can not get into detail yet.

Any idea that can be copied will be copied. By Keeping it a secret your convincing me its a ponzi scheme or worst, it uses windows servers in the backend. No thanks you , Sir !

amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:22:03 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 07:47:30 PM by amunet

it uses windows servers in the backend.

LOL. No it will use linux servers.

Yes you are right that any idea that can be copied will be copied. This one will copied, especially when it works well.

Ok I need to make a closed/private group and invite interested people in it and there I will get in detail. Maybe you just say "oh this is the worst idea ever" or you see how genius it is. It is based on how I see things, therefore it is unique and that is why I call it the idea of my life.
I think most people if not all have such a "idea of life" or more, but a lot do not manage to turn it into reality.
Again I should underline that I am not making it for profit, but it could become very profitable. There is potential because most people do not see the world like I do and are in a non-awareness box about what is obvious for me. I think most will be stunned about the idea. At least when they fully understand it.

I am looking for some webpage to create such a group.
virtualmaster

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:14:43 PM

Funding:
We need a sort of a shared wallet. I do not know if something like this exists.
If not, we need to develop it first.
A shared wallet would mean that everyone can deposit some Bitcoins and then the wallet saves this new proportion in relation to the new balance and that everyone can withdraw his proportion again.
For example when the balance is 0.1 BTC (I think we do not need to set hard limits here, maybe same limits so the transaction fees will not be so expensive) and someone deposits 0.05 BTC this would be a proportion of 33.3% of the new balance which would be 0.15 BTC. When this person wants to get his share back and the balance raised to 1.5 BTC because we made profit this person gets out 33.3% of it: 0.4995 BTC - so about 10 times, there is a rounding error with 33.333333..., but you understand the principle. Everyone gets his or her percentual share from the balance, no matter how high it is. If the balance falls down to 0.015 BTC for some unreal reason the person would be able to withdraw 33.3% of it too: 0.004995 BTC. This is nothing new, but I did not see it for Bitcoins yet and we will require it for getting this project funded.
I welcome better ideas about the shared wallet.
I have an idea to share with you.
Let us exchange some shares in our projects.
I will tell you my idea and you get 100 years of free mind hosting in the blockchain and you tell me your idea and give me 10% share.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291020.0

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: