Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A great idea that is worth to be realized  (Read 2259 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 10:54:38 PM

Since you supposedly can program, how about programming your actual real what it does part yourself and worry about all the marketing and distracting images and fonts and window dressing and wallpaper stuff later? If your fundamental concept is actually good and useful you will get a dedicated core group of users who find it indispensible enough that they won't care that it is ugly as sin and extremely hard to use and full of bugs because they need it now and/or they see its potential.

So far it sounds like you don't even have the skills to operate a simple "have and manage users" membership site so seem to think such things do not exist so need to be created from scratch just for you; other than not being able to operate any existing membership site or adapt one all you are about seems to be flim flam window-dressing marketing no actual underlying core algortihms or data processing or even business model or business process at all...

So it sounds like yet another "if you get them to come it will somehow then be possible to build it" idea-person bullshit.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amunet (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:05:09 PM

Since you supposedly can program, how about programming your actual real what it does part yourself and worry about all the marketing and distracting images and fonts and window dressing and wallpaper stuff later? If your fundamental concept is actually good and useful you will get a dedicated core group of users who find it indispensible enough that they won't care that it is ugly as sin and extremely hard to use and full of bugs because they need it now and/or they see its potential.
I am just giving the change to participate from day one on and I listed what will be needed as far as a can imagine or know. For sure the packaging and fluffy stuff comes at the end.

So far it sounds like you don't even have the skills to operate a simple "have and manage users" membership site so seem to think such things do not exist so need to be created from scratch just for you; other than not being able to operate any existing membership site or adapt one all you are about seems to be flim flam window-dressing marketing no actual underlying core algortihms or data processing or even business model or business process at all...

So it sounds like yet another "if you get them to come it will somehow then be possible to build it" idea-person bullshit.

No. It is not. I just mentioned what needs to be done first. You are right things need to be done from scratch. It did not write any line of code yet, because I will not be able to create this project alone and by myself. It is going to be too big.
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:15:40 PM

All interested users, please register at https://www.hostedredmine.com/account/register and tell me (better as a private message) the username or your real name so I can add you to the members list of the project management. Then you can access the first document in the project which tells about the idea in some detail (about 7 kB text).
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:27:38 PM

I will tell you my idea and you get 100 years of free mind hosting in the blockchain and you tell me your idea and give me 10% share.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291020.0

lol. Nice idea, but I do not think "mind uploading" would work at all as I think the mind is not restricted or enclosed by the brain organ. They are talking about saving the information that is stored in brain cells. This is only a part of what we call mind or consciousness. The pure information of what was in this part of the mind would not be very functional without "us", the spirit of that mind information. Sure, we might be able to copy some information that are stored in the brain cells, but I can not call this mind.
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:31:12 AM

Well.. no further reactions so far? I should enjoy the sun today but the idea is not getting out of my head.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:53:36 AM

Then code it. Once people see working code maybe they will believe you are not just another bullshit pie in the sky idea-person/marketer trying to get other people to work for free on some crazy crap idea you think is so great.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:15:09 AM

Or at least share it (no, I'm not going to sign up somewhere just to read something about it that might or might not be comprehensive...) so people can tell you if it exists already.

You wanted for example this kind of "shared wallet" thingie from the OP - this would have even possible with shares from GLBSE 1.0, which was released in 2011. Right now there are several unregulated stock exchanges denominated in BTC that also offer this possibility and a few decentralized options too to do this (Colored coins, Mastercoins probably soonish, OpenTransactions, Ripple...). The fact that you didn't know about them or at least didn't mention why these are not an option to you seems to me like you don't know your way around bitcoinland that much.

Tl;dr: Show me the money or lurk moar!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:24:46 PM

I have published the idea.

Well you have to sign up for project management too, the idea explanation is the first document there.

I did and do not think that these existing solutions are fitable to have such a shared wallet.

amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:59:46 PM

I am still searching more people and got positive feedback about the idea details so far.

One of them is developing a first version or draft.

I can not be in this every day, but I feel this will be a very good project.
aldrin

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:46:31 PM

Can you PM the idea to me? I'm interested

amunet (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:51:56 PM

Can you PM the idea to me? I'm interested

I have it as a document on hostedredmine (see post). It is too long for a private message, I think.
amunet (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:49:28 AM

Nothing new here?

I got in contact with a user that answered to this thread and we started some projects. Then he literally f...cked me, leaving me loosing yet again and I wasted too much time with him, well I got more smart than before again. So I am back to my idea. But if nobody reacts on this anymore I will take it back to the underground and will develop it to a later point.
LiquidNitrogen

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:46:21 AM

Whether you know it or not you just described a ponzi scheme, but I don't think that is what you intended. Actually, I know exactly what you were trying to convey and you are right it is best kept to yourself. I had an idea last night similar to your's and I am still not sure that it is not a ponzi scheme.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:51:59 AM

Ponzi schemes are quite well defined (paying interest/profit from user deposits) - shouldn't be too hard to identify.

You maybe mean that you are potentially acting fraudulent or negligent towards your users or risk running fractional reserve. This by itself is not a Ponzi scheme.

The contact from this thread wasn't me by the way, sad to hear it worked out that way.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
amunet (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:37:22 PM

Ponzi schemes are quite well defined (paying interest/profit from user deposits) - shouldn't be too hard to identify.

Yes and therefore it is not a ponzi scheme.

And it is not meant to be against the users in any sense.

The contact from this thread wasn't me by the way, sad to hear it worked out that way.

Yes it was not you. Haha the point is. He complained about that several coders left him before. Now I know why. OMG. He was nice at first and I was about to create a serious project with him, but then he started to tell me how I have to be. What the hell.. ok that is why the other coders left him too.

Quote from: LiquidNitrogen
Whether you know it or not you just described a ponzi scheme, but I don't think that is what you intended.

Yes. And if I really described a ponzi scheme, I did not describe my idea correctly.
LiquidNitrogen

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:43:59 PM

I am willing to learn to code, and like I said from what I understand our ideas are similar. At the very least I could do promotion marketing graphic design etc...
amunet (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:04:25 PM

Please try to describe your idea. Maybe via PM
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: