Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:53:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone just HODLing?  (Read 1277 times)
Wexnident

Activity: 2562
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:36:47 AM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

All of us has a different description on what is happening now in the market but even there are a long period of downfall many of us really holding there bitcoin. I think that those people are really admiring and patronizing btc in all the years of it's existence in the market that is why they not easily surrender their coins and still stay and hold in what they have right now. There believe and trust to the capability of bitcoin is I think up to the sky. And even there investment are in danger zone they always thinking that it will move upward again and btc are leading their way to success.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
shiryaev

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:38:46 AM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

You are right, bitcoin was invested to be used as a payment medium. However, everyone has forget about the basic concept and is busy making money with bitcoins. This cannot go for long.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:42:23 AM

I still  believe bitcoin will bounce back again , im a holder of bitcoin and tokens for almost 4 months and i lose 50% on my portfolio but still a true holder knows whats the best cause big rewards is coming for those hodlers.

Yes you're right every one hold bitcoin for propose becuase of rising price when it comes the time that bitcoin grow up again with a huge price and because of that we can get a huge profit.
I can not figure out, does everyone who holds bitcoin have the same purpose to hold? whether by holding everything will think to get a profit?

If you will be asking me, that is how it works as people knew it. You buy when the price is low and then you sell it when the price are high but most of the time, they are not selling it but instead they are holding it. I do not know if they are getting a good profit by doing that since they are just holding their digital currencies without any plans when and what price they will be selling it.
samiul12

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:44:42 AM

Hi Forum

Everyone hold their bitcoin. Because The bitcoin prize become rise. When it's prize become more profitable they can sell their bitcoin. For this reason everybody become holding.
nasibaha20012

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:46:11 AM

This kind of dips and downtrends should happen as this is part of bitcoin nature. If you look at the chart history from 2013 onwards, you will always see that Q1 of the year is the worst. Q2 is OK and Q3 is better. Bitcoin is always actively smart when it comes to Q4.

In this case, JUST HOLD means that if u have some coins, just hold it for some time and avoid selling it in this downtrend (bearish market). If work and getting a salary, it is better to use 3% of ur salary and buy and hold it for some time. Follow the news obviously and put a little trust in this project. Check out the news channel by the way and stay updated of the latest news and trends https://t.me/whatsoncrypto
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:50:49 AM

Hi Forum

I think the main reason why most of us are holding is just because they are still believing and hoping that btc will be rising up again and it won't never fail us to have our success in the near future. We can't blame those people because I think that bitcoin has a biggest part of having their better life for now that's why even it's really dipping for a long time they keep holding there coins. Well, we have a different prediction and it is good if we can easily listen to others because the most important is what we wanted to do about this because our investment are in here and we are the one who is responsible to this no matter what happen.
leonair

Activity: 1274
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:57:26 AM

HODLING is a choice and you can't say to someone that they must not do it, even in real life people are HODLING their money because why in the world would they spend their money to nonsense things if they know a thing that there is a chance for a potential growth.

If you think that your idea was so good and want to teach it to others then do it but that doesn't mean you are right. You can't please everybody though.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sazon84

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:02:34 AM

I do not think that now we have to use the cryptocurrency for our spending.  Now the cryptocurrency is subject to strong volatility.  I think that in five years the crypto-currency market will become more stable, and then we will massively use the cryptocurrency for everyday purchases.  But now it's time to accumulate and earn money.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
LtMotioN (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:51:00 AM

Well over here in South Africa our "Amazon" called takealot accepts BTC. If I want to buy a PS4 with the bonus i got this month, it is better for bitcoin for me to buy that mount in new bitcoin and then pay with bitcoin, or pay with bitcoin and then immediately buy new bitcoin.

I really think we should start spreading the word of spend and replace instead of HODL. If you spend and replace it is not like you are selling your BTC. You are adding more liquidity to the system and showing businesses there is a demand.

What happens if we all HODL and no merchants accept it anymore ? In that day regrettably I must say itl go to zero. We need to keep its use case alive 

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
Spain2000

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:57:25 AM

Those who want to double their investment they are waiting for the future and through this way we have t keep patience and this is very good that now a days the bitcoin price is going to rise and if we hold our bitcoin the value will double soon but some of the people sell their coin then they are not happy for this decision.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:01:50 AM

I understand where you are comimg from bitcoin was intended by Satoshi to be used as a currency amd to be a form of payment but you should also understand that as long as the value changes people will take advantage of it.

This is why some people consider bitcoin as an asset. They know in time the value will increase.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:16:08 AM

A lot of people have watched the value of their coins and portfolios plummet to less than half their value and they all know that the only people who have lost are the people who sold their coins when prices were low so everyone is just holding and making sure their coins are safe and are going to wait until the next bull market so that they can make all of their money back.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Bervelukan

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:33:52 AM

I do not think everybody holds their bitcoins, usually who keep their bitcoins invested in the long run, and for those who need their money will definitely sell bitcoins, and yesterday I also bought bitcoins.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 07:41:00 AM

Hi Forum

bitcoin investment is not about spending bitcoins. Naturlly if that digital currency could be use in buying goods, products and services then why not? I dont think that someone will still hold if it is usable to the point in a form of paymenT. However, bitcoin is like a gold. You need to sell it first to fiat money before we can buy the things we like. Thus, we cannot use btc for spending it except buying for anothrr crypto or the alt coins. And if you are going to spend that way you can end up earning more a lot profit or your money will be wasted. Why hold? thus, making profit and take the advantage of bitcoin price volatility. Sell btc when we can earn profit but holf if not
Olrac

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:00:08 AM

Some are selling because of the current price while others are just hodling and not everyone. Maybe more than the numbers of sellers are hodlers which are reasonable during this time because they don't want to lose their money and they are optimistic and they trust on the capabilities of bitcoin. These hodlers know when and how to play the game as they continue to hodl their coin.
WorldBiz project

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:08:41 AM

I just like it watching and being a part of the beginning of crypto currency era
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:15:07 AM

It is because they still believe in bitcoins future. Many people still hold their bitcoin because they keep on having this trust that someday they can gain a big profit from it where people who sell their bitcoins will regret doing it. I want to admit that i am still holding my coins because of this hope. Maybe the bitcoin's price are really declining in its max value and really convincing people to sell their coins. But in the end the people who have that much faith in bitcoin still hold and keeping it for the sake of their future. Well i guess, holding bitcoins somehow help ot to maintain the balance in the market.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:39:22 AM

And what do people do with their gold? They also hodl because there's nothing else you can do with gold, unless you're a jeweler of course. Now, why don't people talk about gold hodlers this way? I think it has to do with the understanding of cryptocurrencies that their main role is to be exchanged for goods, like fiat. In reality it has many equal uses and one person can treat it like a stock that can only be held or traded, a store of value that can be kept in a safe place until its needed, or even as a way to move money abroad with low fees.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:00:22 AM

If you are an investor who wants to earn more profit then you will think wisely. Bitcoin is the investment and not totally as mode of payments. Holding bitcoin now is the best way to earn profit because i believe bitcoin will rise more than what we think and predict. If you buy bitcoin when the price is $16000 then now the price is $7000 what do you do? You sell and take the loses or you hold  and wait the price will go back to $16000 or more to have profit. Holding is important in cryptocurrency where the price and market are volatile.

PX-Z

Activity: 1484
Merit: 870

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 11:13:45 AM

Hi Forum

I like all your thoughts about using bitcoin as a currency, instead of just earning money by just holding it in a long period of time. But we can't blame others by still holding of their bitcoins, because most of them actually both it in a higher price which is hard for them to sell at this time at a lower price that will cause their losses. And some bitcoin holders are using it as an investment plan instead of a digital currency that can be used for online paying and purchasing products through online shops that accepts bitcoin.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████