Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:46:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone just HODLing?  (Read 1277 times)
Janpura

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:19:16 AM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

Everyone have the right to hodl thier bitcoins, especially when the token was dump, think before it sell instead of selling at lower price HODL it  until bitcoins pump up.
raul lemos

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:25:35 AM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

All of us has a different description on what is happening now in the market but even there are a long period of downfall many of us really holding there bitcoin. I think that those people are really admiring and patronizing btc in all the years of it's existence in the market that is why they not easily surrender their coins and still stay and hold in what they have right now. There believe and trust to the capability of bitcoin is I think up to the sky. And even there investment are in danger zone they always thinking that it will move upward again and btc are leading their way to success.

And many people HODLing because they don't want to use it, but to invest it. Many people HODLing know what are they up to, because market sometimes predictable too. And HODLing have it's positive side you know? like, custody of assets and passive income. HODLing is not a bad move either, because many coin just use their coin to make its project work, once it done, let it flow.
criptoman83

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:27:34 AM

This is great that bitcoin and some other currencies are so liquid assets that we are able to use them as meant of payment. But what would i say - many people now regret that sold or spent their bitcoins when the price was 200-300$. Look at the old topics of that forum. To sell for 200-500$ was very good deal and what are these people feeling now? or those ones who sold for 10$?  Shocked  I'm not greedy, but i see potential and i have enough fiat money for my everyday needs, so, no sense to spend crypto assets.

tanginamoo

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:38:08 AM

Hi Forum

Everyone have the right to hodl thier bitcoins, especially when the token was dump, think before it sell instead of selling at lower price HODL it  until bitcoins pump up.
I definitely agree with your statement and would recommend to do so. Selling the bitcoon when the is low would result for a huge loss to the seller. Waiting for it to increase is not bad otherwise the holder accumulates a large reward for waiting.

brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:54:29 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 11:52:29 PM by brylle34

Hi Forum

why are we holding? some of us invested when the value is on high thats why we are holding, we do also campaigns so that we wil get back whats lost when we have invested. we also do trading on some altcoins we receive that is also our ways to earn and get profits to. we all know what you mean because this is the cycle of the market that is way we do trading also. not everyone is joining the waves because many are loosing and few people gets profit.
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 11:59:55 AM

I think everyone holding it do not want to encounter loses and they still believe in the potentiality of bitcoin so holding and waiting for the next bull market is the way out.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Litzki1990

Activity: 1246
Merit: 346

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:08:53 PM

They holding because the price was too small so that's why they are waiting to increase the price and sell the token they hold.
Or the token they hold was have a potential to increase the value.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 12:11:43 PM

You have a point but not all view bitcoin as just a currency, most of them since they’ve struggled hard to get some of it due to it’s price being expensive so nobody just wants to lose if they bought it 18-20k$ and just use it as a currency on its current value which is more than 50% lower than their capital. Some regard it as an asset also so they are hodling as long as they have not yet reached their target value. Besides they dont just speculate, they believe bitcoin value  is going to recover once again so they keep on hodling theirs.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
NashAmajh
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:13:32 PM

I think everyone is waiting for rising the price of Bitcoin.we all know that the price of Bitcoin increases and decreases most often. and when the price of Bitcoin decreases if we do not hold our Bitcoin and sell our Bitcoin then we won't be profited I think that's why people are holding Bitcoin.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:16:30 PM

You have a good thought mate, but hodling has a purpose if many of us will go sell and sell all the time, what do you think will be the price?  I think it will dump mate. We are hodling because we have a target price on when to sell to have some of profits on it. Just hodl no matter what
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:20:35 PM

Holding is the easiest way to earn money according to the passed experience which only requir us to choose the mainstream coins like bitcoin and eth, and it will give us huge profits after several years holding
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:22:35 PM

Hi Forum

I agree with your opinion but we cannot stop people from holding Bitcoin because of its value remember Bitcoin's value started at few cents now it skyrocketed to thousands of dollars and everyone are hoping that their shares will increase ten folds, because they have from the past performance of Bitcoin that you can get rich here.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
cohens714

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 12:28:03 PM

Hi Forum

I am simply too busy to follow all the ups and downs and I bought pretty early so I don't bother trading in and out.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:30:24 PM

Everyone are holding because the price is too low and they want to increase it to get a huge profit of it that can help in the near future. You must hold it in a long term as long as you can do it to get what you want to achieve. This way will help you to have a good life.
cold cool

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:31:59 PM

For the average investor, the lack of good trading skills can only be encrypted for a long time. This is the quickest way to make money.

vycl87

Activity: 1204
Merit: 630

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:32:06 PM

Everyone keeps his bitcoin or Altcoin because when the market goes up, everyone is expecting big profits. This happened until January and I do not know what will happen after that. I'm not a graphist or anything. But I know that those who make the right move at the right time can earn very good money with Bitcoin or any other krypton. The opposite is possible at the same time. Those who make the wrong move at the wrong time can also experience great financial losses.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:37:28 PM

The used of btc for purchasing or for payment isn't yet stabilize nor it become acceptable in all establishments that's why mosty investors are using this as an investment.  Of course, profit is what they aiming for and holding is the safest way to be free from losing.
lamcouz

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:37:40 PM

This is going to be a really great time to buy bitcoin, bitcoin has just fallen down a bit, grab the opportunity and buy lots of bitcoin and keep it until it's up again. As bitcoin will increase and increase more.. That my throught.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:38:18 PM

its hard dude, the one and only thing i use bitcoin is for make a money, get it from work like bounty campaign, sell it on exchanger and withdraw to my local bank. this is not because i want to make bitcoin as a speculative bubble, but in my country bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is illegal to use as a payment methods. but for now its still legal for digital asset invesment. so i prefer to HODling it until got valuable profit rather than use it for useless thing
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:40:01 PM

Hi Forum

Everyone is holding because as of now, the price of Bitcoin is very low which is not suitable to be sold. So if we want to have a better gain from our investment, holding is the best option and wait for the price to go up before selling our stocks.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: