Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:20:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone just HODLing?  (Read 1277 times)
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:46:15 PM

Everyone has their own way in the way they use the btc they have. I feel I don't have to do much if I have to hodl. I just need to wait for the right moment to sell. Some people may feel their burden will increase if they have to think about it all the time. And that's really dizzying. It's different if the person dedicates his whole life to bitcoin.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:50:38 PM

Well everyone is hodling because they trust that bitcoins value will increase tremendously this year. This theory may be feasible though not 100% accurate since we cannot really predict the market. But since there are huge development in bitcoin such as the approval of Bitcoin ETF by the Securities and Exchange Commission along with other major god news in btc, we could only imagine what will be the reaction of the bitcoin market towards this good news. In my opinion, it is really good to hold bitcoin now than to sell today only to realize that its value have increased tremendously.

Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

everything that you have said is totally true however you have to realize the main reason most of us are involved in bitcoin is because it will provide huge financial returns the currency feature and all the other features are pretty much just added benefits for them , the prices of bitcoin has fallen and remained stagnant for a while now ,everyone expects it to increase in value soon , so because of this expectation everyone is holding hoping to cash in on this price increase.

Radoyan1188

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:14:26 PM

I think everyone holding bitcoin because now bitcoin price is low. I guess people always want good profit. If you can buy high price and sell low price then you get less money. I think people do not want it. I think So people  holding bitcoin for high price.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:09:12 PM

not everyone just hold their coins. some of them use for pay something.
maybe the holders don't want to spend their coins yet because the coin value now is low.
they will loss if spend it.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
chaa123

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:13:05 PM

From what I had observed, investors are holding as of the moment because the exchange right now is on a downward trend. Investors are saving their investments to prevent further loss...
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:16:45 PM

For me holding BTC means that I prefer on having BTC as it is than fiat. I do make trades with BTC especially in the cyberworld since it is much more convenient to use than using fiat in your transactions in cyrberworld. Also, we should keep the price circulating than just hoarding. I think others' interpretation in this statement is quiet different than what it should be in my opinion.
Corsicoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

CryptoSport

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

Hi Forum !

People are Holding because it's the best thing to do!
You sure can daily trade and take advantage from prices movements but it's risky and you'll spend a bunch of time doing that.

If you just buy and Hodl you have no stress!

Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:24:02 PM

Because they are simply waiting for profits or just lost some capital and they are just hoping that they could get it back. These two reasons are the most common answers that you could probably get. As long as there is a possibility that bitcoins and other coins can raise their value, for sure many will  remain holding them and could buy more as of the cheaper coins are on the line
The fact that they knew that it can rise, they would think twice to spend a coin that could double its value in the future.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:41:50 PM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.
Hodling is only done to those who invest, while they also will not invest all, some are used in everything, whether it's trading or anything. So you do not have to worry about the hodling done by investors and traders.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:10:43 PM

I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.
This is call freedom, you can decide on what you do with your coins, if you want to hold the coins, gamble with it or use it as a currency, if you compare all the investment segments, there is speculation and so is the reason that they are investing and if that is the case do you call each and every sort of investment a speculative bubble.  Tongue
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:14:44 PM

Every holder believes that Bitcoin will come back soon. When Bitcoin fall down all cryptocurrency gone down. And Bitcoin falling season is going now. Every crypto token going down. I am a crypto holder. I hold a lot of crypto token. And I want to hold them for a very long time. And I believe that one day I will make a huge profit on it.
angaper

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:16:22 PM

You can not assume that bitcoin is worthless for the simple fact that at this moment its technology is at an early stage of adoption, and you do not seem to have a significant reference to the potential it still has in the long term. It is true that the majority of those who are now engaged in "HODLing" are only interested in the great potential of profitability that could be obtained in case the bitcoin shoots up at prices as high as $100,000 or more, but who really believe in the bitcoin efficiency as a financial alternative we are already using it intensively, regardless of its current or future price.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:57:15 PM

I think everyone holding bitcoin because now bitcoin price is low. I guess people always want good profit. If you can buy high price and sell low price then you get less money. I think people do not want it. I think So people  holding bitcoin for high price.

People do not want to book lost, because they have trade bitcoin in such a high price and now it has become difficult to bear such a big lost, therefore they have only one option to continue holding their bitcoin for some more time, and i think that it will be a very good decision for them, because bitcoin price still have good potential and will hopefully will very soon reach to its previous price.
Palider

Activity: 1273

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:01:10 PM

Hi Forum

Well others Hodling because they trust the potential of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency, they think that they will just need to hold and if the price increase they will be alot of profit for them, and also i think of a major reason why some people are not using crypto for daily transaction because of the price is not that stable sometimes it is so low thats why many dont want to waste it, sometimes it is high that others want to keep it. That's the logical reason why others choose to Hodl
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:04:05 PM

everyone is hodling because they see something big future and it is already unstoppable. this time hodling will be the best way to earn than selling it in lower price and lossing some money. lot of investor hodl all their money  for long term because they see in 2016-2017 a big pump.
Maestro75

Activity: 1974
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 02:08:49 PM

Hi Forum

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.
You ask these questions like a newbie would, I do not mean any insult. But remember that hodling causes artificial scarcity and this scarcity will cause price to rise as few available for sale would be jerked up. If gold were easily available like salt or water do you think its price would've gone that high? No, it wouldn't. So hodling is a game to make price go up.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Olawale16

Activity: 152

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

ofcourse with the market being bearish the safest way and less risky is to hodl.. but im sure everything will be fine and after this healthy correction is another all time high..
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:12:49 PM

It is easy for you to say to use bitcoin and any other cryptocurrencies maybe because in the country you live in, you get to ise it. But what about those who live in some countries who does not accept bitcoin and cryptocurrencies? How are they going to ise it as a “currency”? The real reason why people are hodling, is that most of them think the same and that bitcoin will be worth a thousand dollars more in the near future thus hodling them until the time wherein they are satisfied and sell their coins by then.
muhin

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:16:39 PM

This is because people are investing only their additional savings and thus they do not need this money urgently. Thus, they do not mind waiting for long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: