Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:35:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone just HODLing?  (Read 1280 times)
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:24:57 PM

Everyone is holding because they have no other choice.People have invested in Bitcoin when the price was very high and now they can't afford to sell their BTC's because they will face huge loss as the price is very low so that's why they are just holding their BTC's.Currently every Bitcoin investor is believing in Bitcoin and it's capability to recuperate from this drop and waiting for it to rise again so that they can sell their BTC' s at some good price in order to earn some profits and to save themselves from such a huge loss.So instead of committing the mistake of panic selling, have trust on Bitcoin.It is just a bad phase.Good time is yet to come.
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:26:05 PM

Everyone hold their bitcoin because their hoping that the price of it will getting higher. Maybe, they want to times three from the original price so that they will get more money. Such a wise idea.
It is true. Although no one can really predict the increase or decrease in the price appropriately. It's just the belief that bitcoin has a bright future makes most people hold it. Moreover, if you observe the development of the chart, which for several years always shows an uptrend.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
chenczane

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:26:35 PM

In my opinion, holding is like more profit. First you need patience on this thing and the risk you may encounter. But, if you have that traits, you patience will be successful. Just wait and wait until the price climbs up.
kingkonjac

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:34:18 PM

Becuase the majority are considering btc as an asset and a way to profit from it and I don`t believe in most of newcomers honesty that say I believe in it and I am an adopter.

krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1344
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:47:41 PM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

This is really a big problem and people are not understanding the depth of the situation. Even the developers wanted it to be used as a payment medium only. With time as the prices started to increase rapidly, people started to use it as in investment medium. I do not have a problem with people making money with bitcoins but this way it will not survive for long.

jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:56:20 PM

Everyone is hodling because if they sell their bitcoin at low price obviously they will be at loss and it's not like they are just holding. Most of them are going into trading to increase their earnings further and some are buying more bitcoins especially when the price is lower since it is a good opportunity to gain more income once bitcoin price goes up again. You cannot say that bitcoin has no value because nobody uses it. Many people uses bitcoin as mode of payment online.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 06:04:59 PM

I agree with OP's opinion that we should use cryptocurrencies as a payment system and not as a speculative instrument in the first place. Even the core principles of Bitcoin states that it is a payment system. I tried to hold 50% of my funds and try to spend remaining amount but as we all know that we don't have that level of crypto friendly market environment as of now, we have to rely on online options to spend our funds. I am sure that in the coming years we will definitely have Bitcoin accepted here boards and we will see growth in the utility value of Bitcoin. I am not against hodling but I that we should use it as a payment system.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

Everyone?   No.   

There's billions traded every single day. 

sent from my X6
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2018, 06:53:12 PM by tylerderden

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.
I am not one of those who hold their bitcoins, I have to spend the bitcoins that I have to support the needs of my family on a monthly basis. But holding cryptocurrency does make sense to me as they appreciate in value as their rarity increases day by day and so does their popularity and demand and this increases the price of the cryptocurrency. So if someone would have hold a 1000$ bitcoins from 2010 till now then he wouldn't have to go to job for any other day in his life and not even his kids would have to do the same.
judemarco1996

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:22:56 PM

Not everyone is holding since there is a lot of trading happening now. If everyone is holding then the price should not be moving ang not fluctuating. So some are trading there coins in exchange
mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:28:04 PM

Hi Forum

Your idea is truly great and with time i think we will pay with crypto in everyday life.

But for now only few countries allow payments in crypto, amount of merchants shops accepting crypto is rising but not that significant. With some government spreading bad news around crypto, the process of crypto payments will only slowdown, sadly.
Nowadays, for me it makes sense having some altcoins in my portfolio with potential to be used in everyday life.
I believe we still have a long way to go before we can easily be able to spend crypto more instead of fiat.
Mdjamal01

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:29:39 PM

bitcoin price  will shoot up again thats why people hold
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:33:00 PM

If you have been reading Bitcoin price charts from previous years, you must understand that Bitcoin tends to follow the similar price cycle almost every year that is starting from a bear phase and ending in bull phase. According to that logic, this is the best time and opportunity to enter longs. If you enter at this price, you can make good profit margins by the end of the year on almost any cryptocurrency. This is how the market cycle works. Thus, people who are going long term at this point are opting for the best possible option at the moment with less risk involved.
HanaTenun

Activity: 817
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:38:18 PM

Hi Forum

I will keep the bitcoin because I'm sure bitcoin will grow and it will be needed in the future because bitcoin uses technological progress and the development of the era

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:57:53 PM

bitcoin price  will shoot up again thats why people hold
Because hodling is the best and sensible option at this time because as soon as you sell your bitcoins, you are going to realize your loss and i am sure that most of us are very hopeful that the value is going to rise once again eventually.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
U20

Activity: 546
Merit: 103

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:01:35 PM

simply; for the price saw the maximum. people are still waiting for the price to rise again. Otherwise, holding it can not be another mood. Sad

brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:08:13 PM

Not everyone is holding their BTC, but as you said the vast majority of people here are holding at least some of their bitcoins. The reason is quite simple, many people actually believe that they can still become millionaires thanks to it. However, they all forget that Bitcoin aim is to become a currency, it won't achieve it if they continue to hoard their BTC without spending it. Bitcoin adoption rate won't increase if people won't use their BTC as they are supposed to. We can't force them to sell or move Bitcoin, but they should use it from time to time.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Portgas ace

Activity: 98

Assignments Trading Platform

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:17:56 PM

Yes it is indeed the current price of bitcoin down so it must have been a lot orqng buy bitcoin menghodling and the person will sell bitcoin at the right time that is at an expensive price. Bitco has very potential to exceed current prices. and I'm sure that too. maybe i really can not hodling for a very long time but for those who have hope and have the determination and belief in this bitcoin. he will surely stay until the price is very high.

ZIGGURAT ICO ▮ BE PART OF THE FUTURE ▮ ZIGGURAT ICO
ICO Start: Nov, 20, 2017 ▮▮ ICO Duration: 150 days
TwitteInstagram[Early Bird Bonus]100% to 1%[Amount Bonus]FacebookReddit
btc1

Activity: 527

Join Ixinium

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:20:07 PM

simply; for the price saw the maximum. people are still waiting for the price to rise again. Otherwise, holding it can not be another mood. Sad

Of course, but a lot of people are deceived about bitcoin and they sold a few weeks ago when we touched $10,000. Nowadays the price is extremely low, i would not even bother myself to sell a single coin, because it is a waste of time. We all must hold, otherwise, we would lose everything.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽️  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:39:22 AM

Hi Forum

Everyone have the right to hodl thier bitcoins, especially when the token was dump, think before it sell instead of selling at lower price HODL it  until bitcoins pump up.
The most basic reason behind holding of the bitcoins and other crypto coins at this very moment is the decrease in the market value of all the coins and because of which, everyone is trying to be extra protective as they know this fact quite well that if they plan to sell their coins now, then they will only suffer a huge loss and that nothing good will happen and they will only regret in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: