Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone just HODLing?  (Read 1271 times)
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:16:00 PM

HODLING is like fake hype nowadays!  I don't like HODL anymore. yes, You may earn profits by hodling your coins. But if you go for Live trading and if even try to learn Trade then don't hodl! I am now in huge loss by hearing HODL is GOLD fake hype!  Grin

Good Luck Mate.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nadirbil

Activity: 219
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:22:56 PM

The speed of bitcoin transactions is artificially constrained as digital gold is made of it. You don't count on gold in the store, do you?)))
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:26:07 PM

Because all know bitcoin can be more than now, maybe a lot of slanted news that says bitcoin will fall and not worth it, but it's just their conspiracy to be able to buy bitcoin at a cheap price. I suggest you HODL your bitcoin.

BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:31:25 PM

A lot of people from bitcointalk are holding their bitcoins because it seems that they understand the value of Bitcoin and believe that it might be worth multiple times more than it is today. It has both advantages and disadvantages. More and more people want to buy BTC but who is going to sell it to them? For now miners do it but it might change once Bitcoin adoption grows and block reward becomes really small. Try to spend some of your bitcoin earnings or at least give some to your friends.

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:32:51 PM

I agreed with OP. However many of us feel that Bitcoin price will rise and prefer to hold instead of spending now. If I have the chance, I don’t mind spending some bitcoin to support the Blockchain.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Nadirbil

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:34:22 PM

HODLing is not the fake hype. But it is not strategy for traders. Trader speed sell and buy.
HODLING is like fake hype nowadays!  I don't like HODL anymore. yes, You may earn profits by hodling your coins. But if you go for Live trading and if even try to learn Trade then don't hodl! I am now in huge loss by hearing HODL is GOLD fake hype!  Grin

Good Luck Mate.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:36:10 PM

Good Luck Mate.

Most of the people know the information for the coin list. Coin price is not stable. So this information help to gather more information from market place. It good time to invest. It connect the people. So people share the information. This information reach the all country people it time to sell the coin. All coin is reach the all country people. Market place is help to reach the all country. Time is important to complete the process.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:36:21 PM

Because only HODLing can guarantee stable profit in long-term period in cryptocurrencies market. Also HODL can help you to correct your mistakes with your investments.
Dklinov

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 05:43:52 PM

Most people bought it when it was historically high, and now selling it does not make any sence as they would have big losses. Therefore, now, most people HODL hoping the crypto market will be back to normal. But, nobody really knows whether the market will be back to normal any time soon...By normal I meant the price of BTC before February 2018 slumping.
CryptoLoverz

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:44:00 PM

I think what you say is true and I agree with you. But I think those who wait are natural. Everyone in business no one wants to lose, surely they want a profit. And they think, waiting is the right decision for now. Although the wait is very boring, but they will be patient to live it.
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 05:46:27 PM

You might be eight. But people are thinking market will be raise again. So they are holding. They want to make profit as well. No one want to loose .so they are holding

H0USE

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:52:32 PM

Your point is right but i want to clear the point that holding does not add more value to your existing amount but most of the people cash out their profits by selling their coins. And some do panic selling out of fear. But most of hodlers hold it because they know that when more people and agencies will accept it the prices will surge giving them profits what exactly they want.
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:52:50 PM

Probably you might have bought when the price is steep and dumping today will make you lose more money instead of gaining profit. Second reason is that as investment, you look at bitcoin for long term hold to maximized your profits. And we have reading a lot of stories that they just hold on it and waited like 2-3 years and are just selling with bitcoin at top price.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bbcolex

Activity: 672

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:57:50 PM

Some people  knows the potential of a coin, and bitcoin nowadays is not yet totally being implemented as a currency in real life, as there is still little merchant who accept bitcoin. The scarcity of bitcoin and its fix supply made it more precious to hold, cause we all know in the long run the price rise til the last block is mined. But not everybody hodl, as there are more swing traders in here.

Momoamzad

Activity: 1022

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 05:59:08 PM

Actually I am not holding all of my btc. I am trying to sell some of them and wanna make some asset for my next generation. After my death they canbenjoy with it. I also tell my children's about it. So they can earn after my death. And I want to make something for my future genaration

shawonngp

Activity: 756
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:25:17 PM

Holding your bitcoin becouse it's price drop. It is a simple policy that when the coin has been drop, hold your coin. I think After few week, the price  will increase again . So everyone thinking at the moment for hold.

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:27:55 PM

I agree with OP. Not everything in the mind of a bitcoiner should be limited to the idea of "Hodling" as the only way to handle our bitcoins. I personally have not had too many problems in using my bitcoins to cover my daily expenses, because the most frequent use I have given to bitcoin is as a means of payment.

However I am aware that bitcoin has become an interesting investment tool for many due to its great potential in the medium term, that is why these moments in which the market has remained quite bearish, I have stopped spending my bitcoins waiting a rebound in the medium term to increase the purchasing power of my btc.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:55:56 PM

Most of the people have been holding bitcoin in the hope that the market would recover soon. Every body has seen what has happened to bitcoin last year, when the price of bitcoin rose under 1k to 20k, which has caused many people to become rich quickly. So, people are expecting bitcoin would repeat the same.

overseer470

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:00:48 PM

they know bitcoin will rise in price, now when buying a lot of bitcoin prices again down the next bitcoin will rise in price.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:12:10 PM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

People hold because they believe that the coin they are holding is undervalued at that particular moment. E.g. If they're holding BTC at $10,000, that means that they believe it will be worth a great deal more than $10,000 in future. At which point they will either re-evaluate their holding or continue to hold to wait for another checkpoint.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: