Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone just HODLing?  (Read 1271 times)
nak02

Activity: 512
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:16:45 PM

Some people does not have the time to do trading because of the nature of their work, so they prefer holding to a potential coin rather than nothing at all, which is a great idea for as long as bitcoin and eth in top of their list.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
LaitHonor

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:22:25 PM

Where do the bitcoins come from?
Would you keep an extra program on your computer that does not give you anything? Hardly. Therefore, the program "encourages" those users who keep the whole system on their computers. It encourages them to issue virtual "points" (or points), which are called bitcoins.

That is, this is an interesting phenomenon. The program does nothing useful. It "lies" on users' computers and gives them virtual money for the fact that it lies there. At the same time the program issues its points for a reason.

The whole system has a limitation. It can give out only 21 million virtual points (bitcoins), and none more. At the same time every day new and new users connect to the program. And do you know what is the only action programmed for this system? It complicates the reception of bitcoins if the user gets too many. Or vice versa, it simplifies if they suddenly become smaller.
Elaine29

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:13:45 AM

Yes everyone hold bitcoin because everyone wants to explore bitcoin because bitcoin can give us better future.
firemagus

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:22:18 AM

Been hodling for about 5 years and the money I have today I won't be able to save in 10 years. So hodling has proven to be a good long-term strategy for me.
rina aulia

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:35:02 AM

if bitcoin rate will go up then you will know the answer from Hold, now token rate also soar, there is more than 100%

george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:29:25 AM

By the way seeing how the value changes so fast, how can people start seeing bitcoin as a currency for everyday spends and not as an investment?
Adegokemufu

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:43:17 AM

It's good to hold the coin if the market is Red. I can hold a coin as long as it takes the price of it to rises because i like to be profitable.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:53:55 AM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

There are a lot of people who are replacing the bitcoins to local exchange. The crypto us booming becs. People are in good financial possesion. The countries economy is increasing due to unemployment reduction. We can now buy our needs. There are  Some who are holding becs. They want more profits.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:58:48 AM

At present it looks like market has begun its restore. So holding is the really best strategy at present  Smiley Personally I will not sell coins now, I will hold it further

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:11:45 AM

People expect Bitcoin to become worth a lot in the long run. They are not just holding an asset, they are keeping it for the long term gain
Ryanpaul80

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:13:18 AM

For me everyone just HODLing because it is the right way of as  a trader because you have to be patience and hodl your coin at its highest price then it will be worth to sell.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:13:33 AM

I belong to those who are holding their bitcoin.  The price right now is the reason why i am still holding my bictcoin.  I wanted to keep it and wait for more increase that may happen soon.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Alfarizi

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:22:24 AM

in my opinion the reason the investment holds their bitcoin is primarily the reason because it is definitely bitcoin is in a state of descent and they already know also that bitcoin will soon rise to provide a satisfactory advantage for them
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:25:15 AM

people will start to use transaction coins day to day when it becomes easy and cheap to do so. otherwise they will continue to use FIAT. this is bound to happen though as crypto goes mainstream but not yet and btc may not be the coin that does it. there are problems with btc being a day to day use coin. so i think btc will remain an investment and trading coin for quite some time. It will break into society for large purchases first because of the blockchains advantages re fees. houses , boats whatever.
THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:26:58 AM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

That's cuz the market it's going down to get a abrupte raise and get stable when the cryptocurrencies are more globalized
and nobody want to lose money (well, but it shouldn't be extremely "HOLD")
Romeotom

Activity: 814
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:28:56 AM

Because we want to profit. definitely we won't to loss our money.you know now bitcoin price everyday dumping.if now i sell my bitcoin then I got huge loss.so already i got Top and still holding with my bitcoin as the long term.i have good believe with the bitcoin. I know bitcoin price will go up moon.
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:33:06 AM

Everybody is holding bitcoin, as they have trust in bitcoin. They know that it has got a very high potential and it would start to increase soon.
cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:36:22 AM

why they hold it down because now the price of btc when you've got someone buy at a cheap price but when it comes three months it will increase the price of btc so they hold

Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 05:22:42 PM

Everyone is holding for their situation, those has purchased  at high price, they are holding for recovering and those have purchased at low price, they are holding to gains the maximum profit.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:01:54 PM

BTC  and other viable Altcoin are value potentially,reason why it is advisable to Hold as the  price generally is low,note that it is not everyone that is holding,Alot of dumpers are  still dumping because of fear and panic sell
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: