Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:35:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: dual security system on MEW  (Read 172 times)
ratnawide

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:46:44 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2018, 02:38:27 PM by ratnawide

is there any way to safeguard system on MEW besides Private Key? I am afraid of phishing on MEW
There is none, you just need to be careful while using MEW, if you check the spellings very well you can be phished. Anytime i am using MEW i usually double check it before i proceed.
I strongly agree, one way for you to be safe from phishing you are thirsty to check the address if you log in on a site that asks for our wallet address or private key. so you are safe from phising cases
MeongElek

Activity: 418
Merit: 10

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

while I also have not found a solution to double lock on MEW, but at least you can do early prevention of phishing action in the following ways:

1. Use Chrome Browser Extension EAL or MetaMask to block malicious sites.
2. Always check the URL in Browser Bar: https://www.myetherwallet.com. and always make sure the bar is green and it says MYETHERWALLET LLC [US], this paper does not appear and is just green like this picture
3. Do not easily believe in messages sent via email, reddit, twitter, slack and other media.
4. Always highlight on the link and do not click on it, when we highlight the link will appear the address at the bottom left corner of the browser, we make sure whether the address is trusted or not.
5. Never once provide confidential information on websites that you have accidentally clicked it.
6. Do not click any ads on the website, and if necessary install adblocker to avoid other things.
Actually, I have never been confronted with phishing and even I just found out. I can not advise and input, but I recognize that this topic is really useful to me. And I can do the steps you give in this topic. Or maybe there is another solution to secure tokens / coins in MEW?

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:59:57 AM

If you're afraid of security, I suggest you buy a hardware wallet.
Hardware wallets are relatively secure most of the time. Grin

tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:29:21 PM

No, there isn't. MEW only safe with the password you are entered when you register. And only file and the privkey for yoi to save it.
If you still afraid about the security, I suggest you to use trezor or nano ledger to secure your wallet
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:46:53 AM

No, there isn't. MEW only safe with the password you are entered when you register. And only file and the privkey for yoi to save it.
If you still afraid about the security, I suggest you to use trezor or nano ledger to secure your wallet
I am very interested in your recommendation, but where I am I can get both software? (trezor or nano ledger)
laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:35:22 AM

MyEtherWallet very often reminds that it uses only one site - https://www.myetherwallet.com/. Any other addresses are fraudulent and in no case should they be used. After all, in this case, scammers get your private purse key and password, after which it is very easy and easy to transfer your tokens to any address. It will be almost impossible to return them.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 09:55:54 AM

The friends here, have already mentioned the two basic solutions to your problem, metamask or a hardware wallet.
Both are great. I will just add one more which exists in the mew, under the tab "send off-line". For this you need two PCs one off-line (cold wallet) and one connected to Internet (hot wallet).
You can read the rest in the help section of the mew web site. This one is a safe solution because the transaction is signed off-line and the private key remains in the "cold " wallet.
mammothine

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:14:34 AM

Use MEW offline on airgapped computer, generate the transaction, then post it online MEW (on separate computer).

EDIT: sorry for duplicate mpfatzis - it's good advice and easier than people think
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:32:06 AM

The friends here, have already mentioned the two basic solutions to your problem, metamask or a hardware wallet.
Both are great. I will just add one more which exists in the mew, under the tab "send off-line". For this you need two PCs one off-line (cold wallet) and one connected to Internet (hot wallet).
You can read the rest in the help section of the mew web site. This one is a safe solution because the transaction is signed off-line and the private key remains in the "cold " wallet.
thanks for the suggestion, i am now using metamask. hopefully the dark events I have ever experienced do not happen again, for nano ladger I will find out more
wayancrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:51:43 AM

The developer of MEW should add more feature of security of MEW like 2 FA, i also afraid when keep many token in MEW because alot of phising. I dont know why not any dual security of MEW even though this wallet is  for a hundred different ERC20 Token, and many user keep their fund there. MEW should be like internet banking with high level of security.

valnd

Activity: 406

Until the end of time

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:07:22 AM

Well always keep your private key safe, I am afraid too and I am always careful on how I deal with MEW, In-fact what I normally do is that when I want to login to the MEW, I use the json file, instead of the private key.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:10:07 AM

is there any way to safeguard system on MEW besides Private Key? I am afraid of phishing on MEW
There's no way else but to protect your private key and careful when you are about to send from mew. You should bookmark Myetherwallet and open it from there everytime you want to use it, always check the url to make sure it's the right one and don't forget to check your pc to make sure it is clean from malware.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
rynanosih21

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 03:23:05 AM

use MetaMask
You can download it using Google Chrome
MetaMask is a trusted extension and is highly recommended by some great people
with MetaMask, you no longer need to copy and paste private key
any phishing website will never be linked to MetaMask
when there is a phishing or malicious website, Metamask will give notice

What is sure to be properly secured? and if it seems to me very interested to download and use it so that MEW increasingly safe and secure its assets.
D3m1r4wanti (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:05:46 PM

use MetaMask
You can download it using Google Chrome
MetaMask is a trusted extension and is highly recommended by some great people
with MetaMask, you no longer need to copy and paste private key
any phishing website will never be linked to MetaMask
when there is a phishing or malicious website, Metamask will give notice

What is sure to be properly secured? and if it seems to me very interested to download and use it so that MEW increasingly safe and secure its assets.
I think it's safer because metamasks have double security so our Private Key is not easily known by others so we avoid the possibility of phishing, that's what I expect this time
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: