Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:08:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: stop loss management  (Read 13793 times)
Fury Road

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:02:23 AM

1. Not Determining your Stop Placement in Advance
2. Placing your Stop Based on Arbitrary Numbers
3. Moving your Stop to Break Even/Marginal Profit ASAP
5. Never Moving your Stop

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.trader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 05:57:00 AM

Good day fellow traders, I'm thinking of using stop loss order in my trades, can you give me some advice how you use your stop loss order?
stop loss is good if you want to protect your capital and profits placing sl is not easy in volatile markets there will be high chances that sl will be hit we cant keep it to far also i think its better to place sl for how much risk we can afford and trailing stop loss is very difficult  
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:12:39 AM

Good day fellow traders, I'm thinking of using stop loss order in my trades, can you give me some advice how you use your stop loss order?
stop loss is good if you want to protect your capital and profits placing sl is not easy in volatile markets there will be high chances that sl will be hit we cant keep it to far also i think its better to place sl for how much risk we can afford and trailing stop loss is very difficult 
Stop loss must be adjusted to several things such as the market condition of the coin, your ability to accept losses and many other things, if you are not too brave enough to take risks and you want to keep your capital from falling more. you can stop loss in the range of 10% drop, but adjust also to the market conditions
forked human

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:08:55 AM

Managing the loss is a very important in cryptocurrency because if you do not know how to manage the loss in the business, it is useless how good you invest and have knowledge about the technology you are dealing in.
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:10:49 AM

Use stop loss is must be for very trade  and for all trading in all asset.  Stop loss should be less percentace than take profit,  for me I always use stop loss in crypto trading with stop loss 5% and take profit 12%. For example if I open 10 times trade and I loss 5 times and then make profit 5 times too,  so profit - Loss = I still make profit.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:41:23 PM

Now wee see the importance of stop loss management. If you do not use stop loss and get out at the right time this could happen to you all the time. We didn't ever expected this to happen and we were looking out to a higher level instead of going down. What happened was out of nowhere when a whale sold all his coins and got cash to pay someone and this is the result we have.

If you ever want to get out of this type of trouble in the future, buy your bitcoins and than put a stop loss at around 5% or so levels, that way if it goes down you will sell and than you will buy more bitcoins at lower price after the dust settles. That way you will own more bitcoins than you started out. Stop loss is a key feature in trading and specially trading something as dangerous as bitcoin, always use that feature for your best.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:16:26 PM

Now wee see the importance of stop loss management. If you do not use stop loss and get out at the right time this could happen to you all the time. We didn't ever expected this to happen and we were looking out to a higher level instead of going down. What happened was out of nowhere when a whale sold all his coins and got cash to pay someone and this is the result we have.

If you ever want to get out of this type of trouble in the future, buy your bitcoins and than put a stop loss at around 5% or so levels, that way if it goes down you will sell and than you will buy more bitcoins at lower price after the dust settles. That way you will own more bitcoins than you started out. Stop loss is a key feature in trading and specially trading something as dangerous as bitcoin, always use that feature for your best.
Not to disrupt your positivity with Stop loss but this would be only just good to be used for those traders who do aim for longer pending orders but if you
are day trading then it isnt really needed at all. 5% SL wont really be easily hit up unless if theres a sudden news that make huge impact just like on what happened recently.
When your SL hits up then you would need to accumulate even more on lower levels but making another SL and another hit up will lead you to further loss and tends to
recover unlike on holding up your position.

untugede

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:39:56 PM

a very confusing choice of course regarding the price of bitcoin and altcoin at this time which further decreases the price again, stop loss or not it all depends on each of us, because whatever decisions we take are all risks we will bear ourselves, so think about using our own speculations and predictions and follow our hearts to make decisions.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:56:15 AM

Use stop loss is must be for very trade  and for all trading in all asset.  Stop loss should be less percentace than take profit,  for me I always use stop loss in crypto trading with stop loss 5% and take profit 12%. For example if I open 10 times trade and I loss 5 times and then make profit 5 times too,  so profit - Loss = I still make profit.
In fact, it is a huge must as far as I am concerned, and when it comes to a trader, it is actually a lot more important than when you are entering a trade and when you are exiting your position to sell to make profit. It is this stop loss in the first place that will make you determine your risk to reward ratio before even attempting to hit on a trade. A lot of newbies actually tend to take this for levity and it is always one of the things they tend not to put into practical action when it comes to trading the market, and let their emotions rule them instead, but in reality, buy, sell and stop loss are three major plan of every trade.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:32:25 AM

When we use stop limit feature for stop loss we can not create sell limit open potition at the sametimes, i prefer to use price condition order that we can use for stop loss and sell limit at the same times. By use stop loss and sell limit order at the same times we can maximum the profit and minimize the loss.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:24:33 AM

Managing the loss is a very important in cryptocurrency because if you do not know how to manage the loss in the business, it is useless how good you invest and have knowledge about the technology you are dealing in.
It is not just something important in the cryptocurrency market; this is something important in any market you are trading at all. In fact, before making any plan to enter the market at all or invest in any position, this is something you really want to be making sure you are at least considering to a very good extent and should always be a huge part of your plan.

As long as you have that in place, I believe you should not have a problem at all when making a trade confidently and it is only when you know that loss is always one part of the market, you would really take it serious.
macstrong12

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 04:48:55 PM

Good choice , I put my stop loss usually between 5 to 10 percents , Of course it depends the amount of your money and also the amount of risk you are eager to take, But don't put it too short because this market is very unpredictable and has a lot of up and down .
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 09:20:56 PM

Depends on the tolerance. But pick between like 10-20% swing. but be sure to regain it in like 40-50% gain. So if you minimize your tolerance it's also easy to attain those gains.

selardkinley

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:13:52 AM

It is not some sought of prediction but the sign of a good businessman is that he will have insight about the possible rise in the portfolio in a particular interval of time given good market condition so it should not be based on arbitrary numbers.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:20:18 AM

Basically due to this huge price plunge, I had one of my account liquidated a few hours ago. At first I was getting a little mad and thought "Maybe I should add more BTC to this account to prevent liquidation" but then decided that I should just stick to my original plan and if I get liquidated then so what, but not to get further losses.

And it was liquidated a few hours ago, and BTC is still dropping and if I added to my losses it would of made me lose more BTC.

I know it hurts and you feel bad afterwards but its a part of trading that you need to overcome. Nothing wrong with taking a loss here or there, but getting a 100% loss is not smart and the reason why those happen is due to people who keep adding to their accounts because they think a reversal will take place soon.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:07:04 AM

Stop loss must be adjusted to several things such as the market condition of the coin, your ability to accept losses and many other things, if you are not too brave enough to take risks and you want to keep your capital from falling more. you can stop loss in the range of 10% drop, but adjust also to the market conditions
Well, market conditions will always change, but rather than adjusting every time, it is always better to have it already planned out before even entering a trade position. Usually for every trader, you try to look out for supports, price action on these levels, the momentum using some indicators and then making your trades.

As long as you buy at support and sell at resistance, stop loss should always be below the latest support, and that is basically something that works for almost every trade. Managing stop loss at times may not be easy, but you just have to discard any emotion when it comes to it.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:13:58 AM

a very confusing choice of course regarding the price of bitcoin and altcoin at this time which further decreases the price again, stop loss or not it all depends on each of us, because whatever decisions we take are all risks we will bear ourselves, so think about using our own speculations and predictions and follow our hearts to make decisions.
Nothing confusing at all when it comes to the usage of stop loss. Do you know what makes the difference between a professional trader and someone who is a novice ? Their ability to stick with their plans and never because of some emotions make the mistake of not doing exactly as planned.

As long as things are not going according to plan which you already had set out before entering the trade, it is better to get out and then look out for another entry. I know a lot of people tend to be a whole lot skeptical when it comes to the use of stop loss, but in the real sense, without it, you are easily going to be screwed.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:12:50 AM

In fact, it is a huge must as far as I am concerned, and when it comes to a trader, it is actually a lot more important than when you are entering a trade and when you are exiting your position to sell to make profit. It is this stop loss in the first place that will make you determine your risk to reward ratio before even attempting to hit on a trade. A lot of newbies actually tend to take this for levity and it is always one of the things they tend not to put into practical action when it comes to trading the market, and let their emotions rule them instead, but in reality, buy, sell and stop loss are three major plan of every trade.
A really big must! Personally, I learned the hard way when I started trading, I let my emotion come into play even when I know I should be activating my stop loss in the spot market, and then before I knew it, the market is busy going down and then I have to wait in losses and that ended up disrupting a lot of my plans eventually.

Plans are plans, and it is always better to stick with them and since I have started sticking to my plans when it comes to the use of stop loss, I guess a lot have changed. Sure, the market may want to move rapidly in some aspect, and then end up activating your stop loss, and then bouncing back, which is a normal thing to see sometimes in a volatile market, but it is a lot better to let that stop loss play out than let your emotion play the best part of you.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:39:36 PM

It is not some sought of prediction but the sign of a good businessman is that he will have insight about the possible rise in the portfolio in a particular interval of time given good market condition so it should not be based on arbitrary numbers.
I like that! Sight of a good businessman!! Simply put, when you approach trading like a business, you will tend to know what to always do at every point in time without any form of emotion. Yet, people also need to learn that it is not all about stop loss alone; it is about know where you actually want to be placing that stop loss which would basically be part of your strategy as you are buying and selling and in most cases, your loss should never be more than your potential profit.

I know a lot of people tend to be a whole lot skeptical when it comes to the use of stop loss, but in the real sense, without it, you are easily going to be screwed.
Stop loss is an integral part of every trade and if you miss to plan it quickly, then the chances of getting liquidated like this will always be there. In fact, the best is to always plan your loss before you entry, as that would give you the chance to analyze your own trade before even making it. Usually, with a good stop loss, and a good plan which in this case, for you to have gotten liquidated, you are simply on the marginal path, so in this case, I would say, you would not have gotten liquidated if you had the right plan with your stop loss.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
doitraisuonggio

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:49:26 AM

I think the best way is to create your own rules, when the hole at some level you accept we should cut losses and execute other orders
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: