Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:54:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: stop loss management  (Read 13793 times)
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:59:27 PM

Use stop loss is must be for very trade  and for all trading in all asset.  Stop loss should be less percentace than take profit,  for me I always use stop loss in crypto trading with stop loss 5% and take profit 12%. For example if I open 10 times trade and I loss 5 times and then make profit 5 times too,  so profit - Loss = I still make profit.
In fact, it is a huge must as far as I am concerned, and when it comes to a trader, it is actually a lot more important than when you are entering a trade and when you are exiting your position to sell to make profit. It is this stop loss in the first place that will make you determine your risk to reward ratio before even attempting to hit on a trade. A lot of newbies actually tend to take this for levity and it is always one of the things they tend not to put into practical action when it comes to trading the market, and let their emotions rule them instead, but in reality, buy, sell and stop loss are three major plan of every trade.
A really big must! Personally, I learned the hard way when I started trading, I let my emotion come into play even when I know I should be activating my stop loss in the spot market, and then before I knew it, the market is busy going down and then I have to wait in losses and that ended up disrupting a lot of my plans eventually.

Plans are plans, and it is always better to stick with them and since I have started sticking to my plans when it comes to the use of stop loss, I guess a lot have changed. Sure, the market may want to move rapidly in some aspect, and then end up activating your stop loss, and then bouncing back, which is a normal thing to see sometimes in a volatile market, but it is a lot better to let that stop loss play out than let your emotion play the best part of you.
Thanks for using yourself as a very good scenario for letting your emotions play the best part of you. The thing is that sometimes, even with knowledge and strategy, we tend to know what to do, but at the same time, we still end up letting our emotions do the talking rather than letting our plans and strategy play in action.

I have been there, I know it is always hard at first to easily discard emotions, but when you have tried it all, you just tend to realize at the end, which letting your strategies work out as planned, is better than diverting from it. Let it work out, make new plans afterwards, and see how things would go. Nice one mate!
Handing emotions wont really be that easy in all sorts of things then this thing is really inevitable but in the end our experience and knowledge would really be still also the thing that would
able to handle out this thing because if we are already aware on what are the things we gonna supposed to do. As part of human nature we would really react if our plans had been broken out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:06:51 PM

usually I use stop loss to limit losses if my prediction is wrong, stop losses are very useful in the field, but not all exchange crypto currency have this feature, so you better choose exchange which has a stop loss feature.
cokroalif

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:13:56 AM

One important part of the trading plan is risk management. There is no trading system with a win rate of 100% so that without reliable risk management, traders will find it difficult to achieve their success targets. One application of risk management is in determining the risk that we dare to take or stop loss.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:27:38 AM

Typically traders set a stop loss of 5-10% and this helps to protect against large losses in the digital money market
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:25:38 AM

The november 2018 is the time for best practices over stop loss management meantime it is the good time for people who know how to make stoploss management about market
before making any plan to enter the market at all or invest in any position, this is something you really want to be making sure you are at least considering to a very good extent and should always be a huge part of your plan
LuvCyanide

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:45:30 PM

It is very important to put stop loss, especially in a falling market.  Undoubtedly, the fundamental advantage of this tool is the automated closing of orders. This solves the problem of constantly monitoring the status of the transaction. Often it is the stop order to avoid huge losses.

Resident Evil

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 11:16:26 AM

I have a few words about Stop-loss. A stop-loss is vital to your success. What happens if you are away from the screens and the market goes against you?

You need to limit your loss. There are countless stories of traders who thought that they were too cool for stop losses and blew out their entire account. You see this a lot in the case of trading naked options.

So use a stop loss.

Even if you use mental stop losses, be sure to install an alert to let you know that price is getting to a critical level.
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:04:21 AM

Stop loss feature are put in your trading user interface to give you option of protecting your trade against sudden fall in prices of coin you are trading in.  It is not all exchange that has this feature,  so you should look for exchange that support this!

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:20:47 AM

I think the best way is to create your own rules, when the hole at some level you accept we should cut losses and execute other orders

That's why you should make a plan for this dude. You have to know what percentage of your courage to accept losses. then make it as a benchmark for stop loss. but you also have to look at market conditions too. whether the price will stop falling then go up or not
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:11:56 PM

Good day fellow traders, I'm thinking of using stop loss order in my trades, can you give me some advice how you use your stop loss order?

I can't use stop loss in trading i will set myself free to monitor my coin i'll buy in the exchange to make sure avoid losses, 5% loss plus transaction fees is huge amount of losses.
digital currency is also unpredictable volatility sometimes within an hour their price dropped or uprise focus and quality time to got earn and to avoid losses in trading and ready to accept the risk when comes in trading.
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:33:36 PM

Just purchase your selected altcoin when the value already decrease about 40% and start to set stop loss around 5% - 15%
It's really good in order to prevent more loss , just do it with consistent , you will make enough profit in a month !
Just remember the risk of crypto, the value is volatile !
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:18:03 PM

I am not really good at the trading methods,only I will do long term trades so I didn't understand how to use stop loss but now have some idea about how that method works after reeding few replies from this thread but still need deep research about myself and practical examination to know how it works. Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 07:57:26 PM

I think the best way is to create your own rules, when the hole at some level you accept we should cut losses and execute other orders

That's why you should make a plan for this dude. You have to know what percentage of your courage to accept losses. then make it as a benchmark for stop loss. but you also have to look at market conditions too. whether the price will stop falling then go up or not
To be honest it is our internal and external fear that make us suffer lose other wise there is no such thing. There is very simple and easy rule in crypto which need to be follow is keep your eyes open and follow the trend so if you see price is down just go for purchasing don’t think about the next drop just have patience and keep in mind soon your money will grow.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:21:08 PM

To be honest it is our internal and external fear that make us suffer lose other wise there is no such thing. There is very simple and easy rule in crypto which need to be follow is keep your eyes open and follow the trend so if you see price is down just go for purchasing don’t think about the next drop just have patience and keep in mind soon your money will grow.
What if you already open your eyes but you cant see on where the possible price would go? It wont really be that easy. Patience is a must but even on ourselves would really struggle to maintain this stuff when we are already involving on our investment  specially when we do see it dropping. Stop loss management is a technical limit where you do risk a particular portion of your capital for a short span of time or simply
 the amount you can risk on obtaining something.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:50:01 PM

I am not really good at the trading methods,only I will do long term trades so I didn't understand how to use stop loss but now have some idea about how that method works after reeding few replies from this thread but still need deep research about myself and practical examination to know how it works. Wink
Sound like we are the same when it comes trading strategies I'm so weak on that that's why I rather hold for a long-term just to avoid possible loss. You can't control the possible losses on trading especially in day trading, as what I have read on this trading section, even how expert you are you can't hide the possible losses and you are willing to face the possible risk. The best thing here is research and patience in the trading business.
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 10:08:39 AM

The risk should be lower than the reward, so although we are trade more times getting loss but we can still make profit, for example stop loss 5% and Take profit 12%-15%, so we will still make profit if we getting loss 6 times and taking profit 4 times. Choose exchange that provide feature of stop loss, because so many exchange did not provide it. And better chose exchange that provide OCO order so we can put stop loss and take profit at the same times.

rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:50:07 AM

The risk should be lower than the reward, so although we are trade more times getting loss but we can still make profit, for example stop loss 5% and Take profit 12%-15%, so we will still make profit if we getting loss 6 times and taking profit 4 times. Choose exchange that provide feature of stop loss, because so many exchange did not provide it. And better chose exchange that provide OCO order so we can put stop loss and take profit at the same times.
Yes, I think stoploss and selling price are very important in crypto market. I think trading will make more profit than long-term holding.
I often use these tricks and a month I usually earn $ 200-600. It was a great income for me since I knew the stoploss. any trader needs to know the stoploss.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 12:53:42 PM

In trading, setting a stop loss, seem to be very important, because as we all know that the market usually fluctuate in price, there is always a tendency that you can lose all your investment capital on a single trade that is without a stop loss. Risk management in trading is always vital and after calculating what your risk management would be on a single trade, a stop loss of ratio 1:2 can be applied, i.e set stop loss at the ratio 1, and take profit at ratio 2.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:58:09 PM

Good day fellow traders, I'm thinking of using stop loss order in my trades, can you give me some advice how you use your stop loss order?
Stop loss is one of the trading tools one can used in managing trade.  I could remember when I was trading stocks in 2012 and I placed trade and the market went against me but it was stop loss that I placed that help reducing the losses I could have encured.  It is very important for you to trade with stopping loss orders in place as it might not increase your profits but it can reducing loses you may encure.
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 07:45:49 PM

If you use leverage while trading then you definitely need stop loss. Ans you can set it as 100 pips lower than open price.

If you don't use leverage and keep an eye on your account while having open positions then you don't need stop loss.
Price is always fluctuating and having a floating loss is not a big challenge.of course if you don't have leverage and any rollover charge
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: