Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit Concern  (Read 310 times)
Keanuputra

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:07:56 PM

I have a feeling that both of you come from one person due to same effects you put into two threads. Furthermore, over-used/ abused bold, underlined, italicized, highlighted like this might make readers feel uncomfortable, annoying.
Please avoid over-using them.

Noted: Sorry if my thoughts are wrong about both of you.

I'm not sure that you read all the OP.
actually there is no bold effect anymore from the OP, i just make it bold to hightlight the words that i want talking about. Pls find the all context on my reply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Keanuputra

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:17:01 PM

I would not looking for a person or users to merit me. The eff?  Huh Huh Huh
And I probably say this post of mine also a shit!
This post is my concern to work properly the merit system. And not to be stuck.
Back off!

No, i don't judge you.
I just want to highlight your statement about users are working so hard to earn merit. It's not a good effort if we rush our self to create a post just want to get merit.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 05:38:09 PM

This thread is a fucking train wreck lol.

I’m going to be blunt and throw this out there: You won’t earn a single merit from me or people like me if you don’t take the time or spend the effort to learn English. Before you call me a racist or a bigot, please remember that this is an English-speaking board, and that you are a guest here. It’s a privilege for you to be here, and not a right. So don’t go and treat this like you should have more rights and have a fair chance at earning merits more than other “popular” members... dude, shut up. The reason you’re not receiving merits is because nobody understands you or agrees with you. Apparently, you don’t understand what the merit system is and what it’s designed to do, which is to stop users like you from ranking up.

Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 09:18:47 AM

The merit system is obviously a success, but I don't think it can be a solution on it's own. Without incorporating rank into posting abilities, spammers can still flood the board with attempts to gain merit, and to display low value signatures. Until posting on the major boards is restricted to Junior members or above, the pollution will continue. Another useful change would be the locking of threads after useless necro-bumps.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
DarkKnightNeverDie

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:53:55 AM
Merited by coloseum (2)

Right! merit system can only prevent spammers to move up to higher positions in the forum. And it can not be successful on its own, need to have cooperative factors like merit abusement's reporters, etc.
The merit system is obviously a success, but I don't think it can be a solution on it's own.

there are hundreds of spammers, shitty posters work around shadow places of the forum and show their shits.
Without incorporating rank into posting abilities, spammers can still flood the board with attempts to gain merit, and to display low value signatures.

I don't think so. Everyone should be treated equally.
I don't deny the fact that real newbies have to start from zero, learn everything before matured enough to discuss with higher ranked users in serious issues.
But I think you should spend your precious minutes to think about users, who joined the forum long time ago, knowledgeable, but lost their accounts.
Then they have to (only one option) to create new account) to join the forum again and discuss (or better if help others). Is it really necessary to require them to spend at least 6 months or one year to join serious boards in the forum? Honestly, I don't think it should be like that.
Until posting on the major boards is restricted to Junior members or above, the pollution will continue. Another useful change would be the locking of threads after useless necro-bumps.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 09:57:10 AM

This thread is a fucking train wreck lol.

~

Apparently, you don’t understand what the merit system is and what it’s designed to do, which is to stop users like you from ranking up.

Amen to that. The whole point of Merit is that getting paid to rent out your signature space to advertisers is a privilege that needs to be earned. The spam problems here all stem from when signatures were tied to rank and all anyone had to do to rank up was spam 14 posts every two weeks. Now people have to actually contribute some worthwhile content to the forum to rank up and get a bigger signature.

The merit system is obviously a success, but I don't think it can be a solution on it's own. Without incorporating rank into posting abilities, spammers can still flood the board with attempts to gain merit, and to display low value signatures. Until posting on the major boards is restricted to Junior members or above, the pollution will continue. Another useful change would be the locking of threads after useless necro-bumps.

This might just be my optimistic nature but I think they'll give up and go away after a while. Looking at the number of active accounts on Vod's site it is down to 885,935 and decreasing by the day since Merit was introduced. That's the account farmers that left first and eventually all the ones that came here because they found some blog post about how to earn money on the internet will work out it is too difficult for them.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:58:38 AM

Two quick points for the newbies:

Firstly, it is always people with 0-10 merits earned who are complaining that the merit system is unfair to them. Has it ever occured to you that that is the entire point? Write better posts and you will earn merit. It's that simple.

Secondly, every one of you who complains about merit or begs for merit is being put on ignore by the vast majority of people who read these threads, and thereby severely hampering your ability to ever receive merit in the future. You are shooting yourselves in the feet without even realising it.

These threads are really getting boring and repetitive now.
hoangvuthach

Activity: 308
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:08:25 AM

In my opinion, depending on your contribution, in a day on the forum there are thousands of new posts and daily repetitive issues, I think let's create a breakthrough topic. Your posts do not necessarily have many viewers or comments, but when people see them, they feel meaningful because they do not waste time.
ducdr

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:53:35 AM

In my opinion, depending on your contribution, in a day on the forum there are thousands of new posts and daily repetitive issues, I think let's create a breakthrough topic. Your posts do not necessarily have many viewers or comments, but when people see them, they feel meaningful because they do not waste time.
What did you imply in those words "I think let's create a breakthrough topic" ?
For basic, essential stuffs, admin and moderators have published pinned topics in each board of the forum. I don't think members in the forum need new feature which allow them to pin their posts (that should be a previledge of admin and moderators).
In addition, discussions should be opened for everyone to join. This is basic charateristic of a discussion.
Spammers have their rights and their choices to keep spamming, serious users should add them into their Ignore Lists (very simple, take around several seconds to do this step, but it will save them a lot of time later and won't be annoyed by those shit-posters again.)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: