Author Topic: Loans  (Read 281 times)
GlobalLotteryToken (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:55:42 PM

Dear community,

I want to have your oppinion and i will add mine.

My oppinion on personal loans is a no go zone.

My oppinion on loans on platforms like Poloniex, i would say yes.
Personal i already used services like that and it was profitable.
Only notice that the funds you set in loans like on Poloniex is based on days (duration contract) and as long the loans are in you can not take your funds back until the contract (days) are finished.

I would use services like Poloniex
I will not use person to person loans.

Regards.

GLT.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:15:24 PM

Dear community,

I want to have your oppinion and i will add mine.

My oppinion on personal loans is a no go zone.

My oppinion on loans on platforms like Poloniex, i would say yes.
Personal i already used services like that and it was profitable.
Only notice that the funds you set in loans like on Poloniex is based on days (duration contract) and as long the loans are in you can not take your funds back until the contract (days) are finished.

I would use services like Poloniex
I will not use person to person loans.

Regards.

GLT.

Can you use the loans you get from poloniex to buy from an ICO? Buy from people here on the forum? Pay for your house? Pay for your rent? Pay for your food? No.

Not everybody is using the loan for trading.

If you are siding with a lender, then if you want to lend BTC on poloniex, then expect an interest of about 3% per year. That doesn't even beat inflation in a country.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:22:35 PM

Can you use the loans you get from poloniex to buy from an ICO? Buy from people here on the forum? Pay for your house? Pay for your rent? Pay for your food? No.

Well,you can't use loans you get from here to buy food or pay your house rent either.Of course you can if you live in Japan or something.I don't think you're on the same page with the OP here.

@OP : You are partially right about getting loans from a trusted service but it isn't always lucrative.Moreover why would I want to go with terms designed by Poloniex as a lender when I can have my own rules here and people will agree to it ? I don't see no advantage of one over the other.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:59:23 PM

I used to make loans on other cryptocurrency on Poloniex with huge rates.

Greetings.

GLT.

The huge was 0.05%? When it was that,back in 2012 or 2013? Huh
And you remember to open a discussion for this now with a new account?! Shocked

I truly don't understand the purpose of this.

michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:26:29 AM

Well,you can't use loans you get from here to buy food or pay your house rent either.Of course you can if you live in Japan or something.I don't think you're on the same page with the OP here.

@OP : You are partially right about getting loans from a trusted service but it isn't always lucrative.Moreover why would I want to go with terms designed by Poloniex as a lender when I can have my own rules here and people will agree to it ? I don't see no advantage of one over the other.

Uhh, you can convert BTC to fiat. Not sure if you knew you can do that...
Danstan

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:17:02 PM

Personal loan is only advisable by members who've known each other, or with a high ranking profile who've been active here and exchanges idea before, but if the request or offer is from newbies then it's a naturally a no.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:14:19 AM

Personal loan is only advisable by members who've known each other, or with a high ranking profile who've been active here and exchanges idea before, but if the request or offer is from newbies then it's a naturally a no.
Newbie loans are accepted as long as they have valid collateral, same thing with high ranking accounts.
Unless the account has trust in it or good track record, no way there is a loan to be made.
Then again, most loan request made by Newbies accounts here are without collateral (has there ever been a loan made to Newbies?)
DynoEarl

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:34:22 AM

Well they can always provide a collateral which is higher than the loan amount and get the loan (and the collateral can be held by someone trusted)
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3499

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 07:13:05 PM

this is a non sense "disccussion".  if you're enough trusted you can get a loan in any place also in a gym. btw if you are a perfect stranger and not trustable you can't. so the same with bitcoin in any place in the world....

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███