Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:25:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Replace Gold ?  (Read 552 times)
SuperPower

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:55:06 AM

Bitcoin is a very expensive gift of gold. Bitcoin can be costlier than gold at any one time. Now the price of the market is very much. At any one time, Bitcoin will be replaced with gold.
Oliver Johnson

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:10:05 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter
Never this could happen, just because gold is speacial metal, bitcoin is cryptocurrency Grin Grin Grin
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:30:17 AM

I think not, Bitcoin and Gold are different. although both can be made investment, but Bitcoin and Gold can not be equated, and Bitcoin will not be able to replace Gold. Bitcoin is a Digital currency that can only be accessed by the Internet and is not real. while the Gold of real goods, in addition to gold investment can also be made in everyday jewelry. even village or traditional people will not know Bitcoin. and if told on Bitcoin I am sure they will still Choose Gold.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:32:44 AM

I never compare gold with bitcoin because of too much characteristics difference.
Bitcoin is no doubt the future and pioneer of next generation money but that has nothing to do with gold due to high volatility of bitcoin price it will never be considered as the only best investment in the world.
then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
Don't degrade such a reliable and precious metal, even today it is considered as the most reliable investment across the world and many big investors chose it to minimize the risk of their investment.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:33:36 AM

Gold in general is no better. The value of gold is nothing more than a result of a global consensus - at the moment everyone agrees to consider gold a measure of value, simply because this measure is in some form or another necessary. If we assume a utopian situation, that tomorrow everyone agrees that gold is not such a measure, then it will be good only for the production of quality wires and trinkets.
The btc is gaining momentum for exactly the same reason - the global consensus towards the btc is constantly being strengthened. In this case, unlike gold, the cue-ball is not only a measure of value, but also a settlement system, and gold is not a competitor for this parameter

then why do you make parameters on this comparison? do not you say gold is not a parameter for bitcoin competition?
there is a difference from gold and bitcoin of course this is very irrelevant if you compare. gold has its own advantages over bitcoin and gold has been in use from time to time until it becomes part of the history of human transactions. bitcoin, is a phenomenal new technology that makes crypto indrustri grow rapidly. there are many if we describe. and this concerns with individual knowledge is still respectively
just_strange32

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:37:58 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin is not a substitute for gold. Gold is the resource it exists and Bitcoin is the code, not which exists in the form of matter. If Bitcoin and Gold are the same commodity, the same is used to pay exchanges or to store people are right. Or will be as high as gold can be accurate. I believe Bitcoin will be like gold in a short time.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:25:13 AM

In Vietnam, my country bitcoin has been used and well known. But only those who invest in bitcoin trade, and most people just listen to it. So in my country bitcoin is not a substitute for gold in the future, it does not happen. People buy gold more peace of mind.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

I don't think Bitcoin would ever replace Gold, you don't find any of the Central Banks declaring there Bitcoin reserves where as they do all hold reserves in Gold. Gold will always have uses aside from being a store of wealth such as Jewellery, conductive plating etc. It's one of the few elements that does not decay.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:34:49 AM

Gold is used as reserve of many countries. Gold is valuable and durable. Whereas Bitcoin is valuable and future thing. In future, if Bitcoin can reach greater community and become mainstream there’s possibility for Bitcoin to fulfill many aspects that gold can do, but I think it won’t just make gold valueless or of lesser value.
BitcoinFotw

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:41:26 AM

They are two different kinds of assets which can never be replaced, it is not a race there is room for everyone on this planet and they will both remain.
Abete

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:55:01 AM

in my mind, gold will still be gold. but with bitcoin you will be able to have gold. and can invest with bitcoin. obviously two different benefits until whenever.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:53:50 PM

Bitcoin will come after Gold and Silver because bullion are precious metals whereas Bitcoin is just a speculative asset with no real use.
CrKedd4

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:14:37 PM

Many of today's people in the world will certainly choose the world of cryptocurrency in gold because the differences are so much different that people will be more interested in bitcoin than in gold because what they think is someday bitcoin will triumph in gold.
paxaway21

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:30:39 PM

Certainly because bitcoin is better now because you have a bigger profit when you invest in bitcoin than when you invest in bitcoin so bitcoin is better now than gold.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:42:52 PM

No it cant be, how could bitcoin replace the gold if even the stability of the gold cant surpass buy bitcoin. Maybe in the case of bitcoin price could surpass gold but to to replace maybe it take a long story. Gold will still gold and bitcoin will still crypto currency.
WorldBiz project

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:44:06 PM

no as it has been used by mankind for centuries already
olyolali

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:49:40 PM

I do not think bitcoin will replace gold because bitcoin still can not beat gold,
gold has always been made in the investment assets of many people while bitcoin not long ago
therefore it is better to invest bitcoin as a digital asset and gold as your real asset
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:50:39 PM

No it cant be, how could bitcoin replace the gold if even the stability of the gold cant surpass buy bitcoin. Maybe in the case of bitcoin price could surpass gold but to to replace maybe it take a long story. Gold will still gold and bitcoin will still crypto currency.

They differ in characteristics so I don't think that bitcoin will gonna replace gold because they cannot compare each other, first gold is visible and it is regulated by our government meaning they are really different and are unique in different ways, but in the totality over the past years gold has proven enough that we can still earn thru it but not how much we are earning at bitcoin.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:41:40 PM

of course, bitcoin has a more special value than gold, the value of gold rises slowly and easily predicted, but bitcoin has a very rapid fluctuation and can also be high very quickly and difficult to predicted.

so, I think bitcoin will be able to replace the gold value. but hampered by the lack of human knowledge about technology.
mimakter

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:55:04 AM

It is impossible for bitcoin to replace gold and vice versa. I think it is naive to think that it would even happen. If you're only basis for bitcoin to replace gold is its value or price then you clearly have the wrong idea here. Both bitcoin and gold has their own perks which the other does not have and if you understand this then that alone is more than enough to justify that one will not replace the other.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: