Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:57:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: got my first merits ;D how ?  (Read 291 times)
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:34:00 PM

hey  there to all the newcomers  newbie and jr members  i know how hyped we are about gaining merit and ranking up so fast   Cheesy  lol am hyped  as well and supper happy that i got my first merit

so  lets go to the main topic   if u look around in the forum you will find many question on how to get merit with basically the same 3 common  answers

• make good quality posts
  • or help  someone else that asked a question or have an issue
  • or post new info that may be useful to the community  

since my knowledge of bitcoin and technical stuff   is quite little to normal  i may not be able to make great topic with quality ( although will keep trying till i success  Cheesy )

so that leave me the easy  option which is to help other ppl    and that simply by taking some of your time to read all or some of the pined posts and rules and   learn from them

then  reply to the newbie and jr member asking for help and questions    

here is my post that i got merited for  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.msg33942338#msg33942338

nothing super natural just helping another mate

i hope that would help some people there   Grin good luck and go start hunting those merits   lmao

Cheesy
Dilemmaremma

Activity: 103
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:39:19 PM

I think providing new information or a new way of looking at something is the most important thing you can do. This forum is full of people trying to spam posts and regurgitate information found either on another website or even in the same thread. Even if it's just ASKING A QUESTION you don't know the answer to, your post has the possibility to create a discussion on that topic and adds something to the community that may not already be here. You don't need to know all the answers, you don't need to answer all the questions, you just need to not be a shillbot begging for merit while remaining active.

reshmiraa

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:05:36 PM

Wow, congrats!! I am also trying to help people but still, I don't get any merit.  Angry Hope in near future I will also get.  Grin
Minnasan

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:21:53 PM

I feel very proud when I get the first merit(I've felt what you feel), but the fact is very difficult to get it again, even when you use all criteria that you share u will never got it, it is because other people don't like / agree with your post.

But because of this I also become more motivated to make something useful and others like it, so let's work hard to achieve what we expect.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
stronghandsdeeppockets

Activity: 266
Merit: 27

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:09:01 PM

Exactly. People shouldn't chase merits, they must simply behave properly and positively contribute to the wellfare of the community.

You got you first merit and you are surprised by it, while others (higher rank than you!) complain and whine about the merit system being unfair and difficult. Keep up the good work and you shall see more merits soon.
iillaa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:34:11 PM

I feel very proud when I get the first merit(I've felt what you feel), but the fact is very difficult to get it again, even when you use all criteria that you share u will never got it, it is because other people don't like / agree with your post.

But because of this I also become more motivated to make something useful and others like it, so let's work hard to achieve what we expect.

dont forget that there are smerit source  and they have smerit every certain time   + the smerit is useless if u hold it  that mean those sources  will follow the  3 main  criteria   

to merit ppl  so just keep up the positive work  and who know maybe a source will check your profile and  like how helpful  you are and merit you  Grin

Cheesy
Joeri124

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:40:49 PM

Good to hear it is achievable without chasing for it, keeps me motivated as well, I will continue providing the best I can.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 08:45:17 PM

hey  there to all the newcomers  newbie and jr members  i know how hyped we are about gaining merit and ranking up so fast   Cheesy  lol am hyped  as well and supper happy that i got my first merit

So why are you so "hyped" to "rank up fast"? Seriously, what's your end game for this?

A lot of new people act like this forum is a game and earning merit is scoring points to reach the next level. Why are so eager to rank up?
Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 09:22:53 PM

That's cool! My congrats! I have got 2 merits for this moments. I saw topic where guy give merit for writing info about Lightning Network. Lucky me! Cheesy So, now I going to write a topic about one new thing. I like to write informative topic about something new. As I think it's will be useful for newbies and other people who interested in it. Will see how it do. Smiley

Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 09:51:36 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2018, 07:12:55 AM by Fenixsfeather

So why are you so "hyped" to "rank up fast"? Seriously, what's your end game for this?

A lot of new people act like this forum is a game and earning merit is scoring points to reach the next level. Why are so eager to rank up?
Because of signature campaigns. This factor really motivate newbies. We trying to rank up, because next rank allows you to get more tokens in bounty campaigns. As for me, I'm interested in blockchain, cryptocurrencies and I trying to be helpful on this forum. Also opportunity to make some money by signature campaigns makes me happier Smiley. I'm a studying in school now, so find a job is a big problem in my city especially for students. This forum give me a chance to tern a penny and gain knowledge about the crypto-industry. Is it bad?

OSEIBOATENG

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 10:51:56 PM

It depends on what you posted. Maybe you gave an answer to someones question.
Minnasan

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:42:45 AM

dont forget that there are smerit source  and they have smerit every certain time   + the smerit is useless if u hold it  that mean those sources  will follow the  3 main  criteria   

to merit ppl  so just keep up the positive work  and who know maybe a source will check your profile and  like how helpful  you are and merit you  Grin

Of course ... but sometimes because a lot of jr.member members are already using the signature, some senior members seem to stay away from us, even though our post is very good ....

But also many senior members who appreciate our work if it's really original and something new, so all we have to do is keep trying ...

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 05:52:22 AM

Of course ... but sometimes because a lot of jr.member members are already using the signature, some senior members seem to stay away from us, even though our post is very good ....

But also many senior members who appreciate our work if it's really original and something new, so all we have to do is keep trying ...

I just reviewed your post history. None of your posts are “very good”. You contribute to a lot of speculative topics that don’t really contribute to the overall betterment of bitcoin or these forums.

Just because you spew a bunch of opinions in clear English doesn’t make the post a good one.

That’s why you’re not receiving merits for your posts. Because you’re spewing the same bullshit as everyone else is within the megathreads that you post in. Nobody will give you merit for those posts, as the types of people that merit others don’t visit topics such as the ones you post in.

“...so all we have to do is keep trying...”

Nope. Please don’t, as you are just contributing to spam. Try to partake in healthier conversations, not just speculative ones that don’t mean anything at the end of the day...

gigtricks
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:37:41 AM

I just reviewed your post history. None of your posts are “very good”. You contribute to a lot of speculative topics that don’t really contribute to the overall betterment of bitcoin or these forums.

Just because you spew a bunch of opinions in clear English doesn’t make the post a good one.

That’s why you’re not receiving merits for your posts. Because you’re spewing the same bullshit as everyone else is within the megathreads that you post in. Nobody will give you merit for those posts, as the types of people that merit others don’t visit topics such as the ones you post in.

Nope. Please don’t, as you are just contributing to spam. Try to partake in healthier conversations, not just speculative ones that don’t mean anything at the end of the day...

I agree with these comments. I think, regardless of anybody's newbie status, the important point here is to contribute and not to spam. Here are few guidelines which I hope will be helpful for any newbie (including me):

1) Don't get excited just because Bitcoin Price is up and down!
2) Spend some decent time to understand and learn about blockchain - you don't need to be a developer to understand blockchain technology. It is just the same thing like we had "internet" before.
3) Surely they are too many scammers and spammers out there who are corrupting this forum - always try to be helpful - see how you can add more value to any topic. A kind of fresh perspective view.
4) You are more than welcome to post and add value but as a newbie first, spend some serious good time and see posts from Hero/Legendary members and understand how they are adding value to the forum

To be honest, the list goes on and on.... In a nutshell - if you really want to get promoted with badges - the secret for it just simply forget the race of getting higher badges and always try to add a value rather than increasing your number of posts. You will see everybody within the community will regard you Smiley

Hope this helps!
Minnasan

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:39:07 AM

thanks a lot for reviewing my profile and my last post sir, before you reviewing my post, at least no one has reviewing my post, so i was dont kwon what im doing is good or not.

i will try to become better after this,and i will learn much more then yesterday, and if I've tried it later, can you review to my post again? if you can then i will be very happy ...

strelko

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:51:24 AM

First merit is special , I am yet to get it. I think that as a member gets experienced on this forum, there is more probability for him to get merits. This is because post quality is imporved because of more knowledge.
espeno

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:20:58 AM

didnt manage to get my first merit yet.  but anyway, i did up an infographic to teach fellow newbies here how to get into the blockchain game.
gusevli

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:02:54 AM

Congratulations on your first merit, I wish you many more in future. Also , make sure that you spend your smerits wisely on quality posts only when they start showing in your profile.
jao18

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:04:03 AM

Some times getting merit is hard to get yo need to push it until you get it probelly you need a very constructive post and very usefull in each treand

Congrats you have your first merit
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:04:52 AM

Congratulations you get your first merit. You also know how to get merit and you show it on your thread post. Keep doing good things and you will get more. Welcome to Bitcointalk. Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: