Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:17:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinrain Debt Problem  (Read 1134 times)
Mark_Twain (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:15:02 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 12:17:32 AM by Mark_Twain

Bitcoinrain.com is a Bitcoin Investiment Group founded by Leandro Cesar, founder of mercadobitcoin.com.br, the Biggest Brazilian Bitcoin Exchange.

Mercadobitcoin exchange was alegedly hacked in March 2013 and lot´s of coins were stolen including funds from the investiment group.

It has been happening a lot of accusations lately and there is a possibilty that a lawsuit will be filed in Brazil. Some Bitcoinrain users want the lawsuit and others don´t. Leandro did start to pay back the users but he fails to give more transparency.

Trolls and people not related to the case helped to mess up the situation.

Some of the users want to to unite and gather the most information about the case and search for more transparency.

People like me prefer to resolve this situation without government intervention.

Please Help to find people that has a Bitcoinrain account and please relate to it in this thread link,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327848.new#new

Thanks,

Mark

Litecoins donations: LUNrACL2GoC8RhHqJbd4k2GnqX2xjixooY
Bitcoins donations: 1AWcSjq96oa5tqLyqPG2U729AzGPZW9aW4
Mark_Twain (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:21:02 AM

Original thread from Bitcoinrain https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46750.0

Litecoins donations: LUNrACL2GoC8RhHqJbd4k2GnqX2xjixooY
Bitcoins donations: 1AWcSjq96oa5tqLyqPG2U729AzGPZW9aW4
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:47:19 PM

this is not only debt problem. this guy is criminal suspect.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:02:47 PM

I don't know Bitcoinrain's owner personally - I happen to know the current owner of Mercado Bitcoin, and they are two separate persons. The Bitcoinrain owner SOLD Mercado Bitcoin to a third party, who is completely unrelated to the ponzi/fund. And BTW: despite of the questionable business model of the aforementioned fund, AFAIK the theft of aprox. 10k bitcoins owned by Bitcoinrain indeed happened and it was not an "inside job" as you implied.

You are misinformed.

Bitcoinrain coins were mixed with mercadobitcoin coins, this is a fact easily verified in the blockchain. The owner of both was the same person and publicly stated  that rain's coins were stolen from INSIDE the exchange mercadobitcoin, he put everything there in ONE account as a safety measure before going on a trip, then never cared to prove it was really hacked. He also lied to the press, more than once.

Here is the clown: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=10275

Tell me how come the new owner does not know this?

Rudrigo, you misunderstood me. I will give you the context. Stolfi made a post saying the following:

a) Bitcoinrain owner is a known thief, who apart from running a ponzi claimed to have 10k btc stolen which he just stole himself.

I did NOT write that.  I described a situation without any names, @Rampion said that it must be MB and Bitcoinrain. 

I did NOT say that the owner of BR stole the coins, just noted that the theft came at the most convenient time for the owner.  Each one may draw his own conclusions.

b) Bitcoinrain owner runs Mercado Bitcoin, and people is still using Mercado Bitcoin despite of it being owned by a known thief

They WERE using while the OWNER OF BITCOINRAIN was owner of MB.  "Known thief" are your words, not mine.

c) From a) and b) he implied that people into bitcoin is especially stupid/greedy

I implied that bitcoin investors are amazingly tolerant of sleazy and unethical behavior by exchange operators and other people around them. 

By the way, you are still defending the Bitcoinrain owner, aren't you?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: