Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:42:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Salary Paid in Bitcoin - would you do it?  (Read 1245 times)
nacareng

Activity: 211
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:07:49 AM

Bitcoin and altcoin are good currencies in investing, but for a salary in crypto not convincing to me, not a good idea, it would be very risky because the price of cryptocurrency is unstable. Currently crypto is only suitable for investment and other transactions but not for payroll.
fritzbird

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:26:39 PM

I would accept bitcoin as payment, only bitcoins. Though I would like to have it as
an option since it's volatile, it's quite good receiving bitcoins if prices were right
and the market is going green. But to some I think bitcoin might work well as payment,
just like signature campaigns here, mostly it's BTC regardless of price conditions.
It could very well work no doubt.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:53:07 PM

For know i think if not required to, i don't want to get paid on bitcoin because the price still unstable.
I prefer fiat for now because everything can be buy with fiat, but not bitcoin. but i don't know in the future.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
babyshaun

Activity: 230
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:11:32 PM

A company did an interesting social media experiment on people's acceptance of cryptocurrency as a method of payment for salary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcGUeDlnLU&t=30s

Looks as though it could possibly have been staged by the company (I don't think so??), but the results seemed similar to what I would expect if it was genuine. And I think it is actually a clever way of promoting their token sale, more potential to go viral than other promotional videos I've seen. Anyway, personally I think I would be happy to take cryptocurrency as at least part payment for salary, and depending on circumstances, the whole amount.

If me had no problem with bitcoin salary just based on the dollar the salary was not fixed bitcoin. As a result, the potential of the market is faster the movement during the pay day. The bitcoin market scenario adds c employers to the purchase order and the employees will also be added to the selling order adding it to the marketcap of the crypto currency. It's a big advantage to BTC's hodlers.

Remember the BOUNTY CAMPAIGN in this forum is a job but the salary is crypto currency there is no problem with the bounty hunters who crypto the salary not a traditional money
indriyanti

Activity: 204
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:26:44 PM

A company did an interesting social media experiment on people's acceptance of cryptocurrency as a method of payment for salary.

Looks as though it could possibly have been staged by the company (I don't think so??), but the results seemed similar to what I would expect if it was genuine. And I think it is actually a clever way of promoting their token sale, more potential to go viral than other promotional videos I've seen. Anyway, personally I think I would be happy to take cryptocurrency as at least part payment for salary, and depending on circumstances, the whole amount.

if you mean the cryptocurrency is bitcoin, i would be very glad to get my salery on it. but somehow, it is kind a little scary if we take salary on token just like you explain. as we know that bitcoin has a very strong position on cryptocurrency, so that we can keep it hoping that one day the prise would climb up high. But for token, i think we should think many time to take it as our salary, as it is new coming, and yet have strong position.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 03:43:40 PM

Getting paid in Bitcoin as lovely as it seems will come with its pros and cons. Pros for the fact that it will be less stressful sending out bitcoins all u need is workers Bitcoin address. Cons that Bitcoin price is unstable. You pay a certain amount and price drops drastically... not good for the employee that needs certain amount to get something done. It's complicated

One major negative factor is that not all people in a company may know about bitcoins. And if you give them bitcoins they may not properly handle or care for it. Loss of private keys and sharing of passwords might make them loss their money. This can only be practical in a company where all the people are first properly trained to handle bitcoins.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kemetz

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:49:15 PM

No no please the change in normal currency will be a daunting task then. Why to get into a task that's so difficult to reach.
In the future we will be given an option on what currency we want to receive as our salary.
AFAIR, I read a news before that Coinbase are giving their employees an option on what currency they want to receive for their salary so I believe
it's possible because bitcoin is money and liquid.

If my employer would pay me bitcoin, I would not complain because it is teaching me how to invest.
is it not a disadvantage? because if this month we are paid with bitcoin which in high price condition of course if exchanged with FIAT can be many, but if bitcoin price next month down, of course we can get little, while the amount of bitcoin same but value to FIAT always change

Keyboard PC

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:00:58 PM

I think paychecks using bitcoin seem to be very profitable and I think it does not matter if the employee accepts payments using bitcoin so you should be able to ask the employees or workers you want to pay if they accept payments using bitcoins or not, if they accept then you can use bitcoin as payment.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:15:19 PM

This may be a bit difficult if applying bitcoin as a salary, because bitcoin prices tend to be unstable.
Imagine if an employee earns their salary of $ 300 in bitcoin, then suddenly the bitcoin prices fall by 10%. I think that obviously will affect his salary income.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:34:46 PM

paying the workers using bitcoin is certainly a very good thing and I think in japan there are many workers who receive payments using bitcoin but you should ask some of the workers you have whether he / she accept payment using bitcoin or not so they are not disappointed with the pay that they get.
adpinbr

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:37:10 PM

I can probably agree with that, I mean there are benefits when you get paid in bitcoin, if your salary was paid in bitcoin as of now the Government won't have the ability to put that in your tax which means you'll be paid without losing anything, but again countries like Japan whose legalized bitcoin, I am not quite sure if bitcoin is now covered or not, but again if you will be paid in bitcoin that is one great advantage and an offer I won't be able to reject.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Uncertaintea

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:37:22 PM

I'd take it. I love bitcoins and I have no problems with having my salary paid in bitcoins you know. For me I would prefer being paid in bitcoins to being paid in fiat
KelvinE

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:46:04 PM

yes but only if it is accepted as a national currency in my country or better still the company in which i work at
roshanfious

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:01:30 PM

I can probably agree with that, I mean there are benefits when you get paid in bitcoin, if your salary was paid in bitcoin as of now the Government won't have the ability to put that in your tax which means you'll be paid without losing anything, but again countries like Japan whose legalized bitcoin, I am not quite sure if bitcoin is now covered or not, but again if you will be paid in bitcoin that is one great advantage and an offer I won't be able to reject.
Why you're so afraid of them, transactions in Bitcoin is absolutely unable to track so your goverment won't know and can't do anything about it also because they don't have a proof for it at all. And 1 more good thing you should know when you're receiving Bitcoin as your salary , you won't have to pay the tax , that's the best thing.
THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:05:12 PM

Yep, it can be used as payment method, and well, I think that this is the future
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:07:09 PM

This is a good idea although it actually depends on the needs of the individual. But having bitcoin as a salary is also a good opportunity for people to have an imvestment and a chance to also gain some profit. If this would be how my
Salary gets to be paid, it would be better.
Josiah Dave Leonor

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:17:16 PM

Paying of bitcoin as a salary to the employee is good if it is not for daily consumption and if you give them bitcoins they may not properly handle or care for it. but again if you will be paid in bitcoin that is one great advantage and an offer I won't be able to reject. That's all
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:19:25 PM

If bitcoin have a stabilize price. It really good to being paid with btc. But in the time like this when bitcoin are so violated i think is very riskier to have paid with btc. Still a lot to do if going into that

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
Artlee87

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:22:59 PM

I would only do it if they were paying me more than my typical salary in btc value to compensate for the volatility.
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:30:18 PM

It looks kinda good because it can be also an investment for me since its value changes very fast like in just almost a week bitcoin has a new value already which is either increased or decreased. But there are some cases that its value changes in even a day so if I have been paid by it and not be able to convert it to my local cash and its value has decreased then it would be my loss same with gaining when i converted it at its increased price then that would be great. Judging those aspects have got me into not accepting bitcoin as a salary because of the uncertainty that it gives when it comes to the value. Yes it may cost gain but still everyone needs a cash that is valued on how you worked.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: