Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:47:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which country you want to rule over crypto industry?  (Read 203 times)
erickkyut (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:51:17 AM

The G20 or the 20 strongest countries in the world recently had a meeting about cryptocurrency. If ever Bitcoin and altcoins will be legalized worldwide and will be highly accepted, which country would you like to lead it? I mean, the country wherein the main office about cryoto regulations will be built and the major country which will usually hosts events and meetings about cryptocurrency.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:07:11 AM

I have some country names in my head but I won't name any of them because what you are asking sounds to me like centralizing things a lot to one place and to a group of people and that is now what cryptocurrency was created for.

but as long as their purposes don't go further than overseeing and preventing scams from ruining the world I am ok with it and don't care where it is located at.

Only Bitcoin
Rodon

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:21:30 PM

I agree with Pursuer, it sounds like a takeover on Bitcoin.
However, a turnover between countries for events and meetings sounds good to me, and reflects the decentralized side of crypto.
seanskie18

Activity: 369
Merit: 100

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:05:16 PM

I'm hoping that crypto industry will rule all over the world. So that everybody will get the benefits as we got from bitcoin. All people will be successful in their lives.

Spazzer

Activity: 1079
Merit: 309

I love technology.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 09:28:40 PM

None. It goes against the entire purpose of decentralization. I would love to see G20 countries supportive of it, but I want them to keep their hands out.

Malta will have a major impact on it with the current support of the major centralized exchanges moving there.

PHYSIBIT, MANTIS CRYPTOS & CRYPTO QUILTS - The best and most trusted places to shop for physical bitcoins and more!!
idex100

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:32:23 PM

Without thinking too hard on this, I will choose Japan any time any day.Their government has been very pro-bitcoin, even their central bank encourages its citizens to use crypto-currencies. Japan has been amzing.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:42:11 PM

The G20 or the 20 strongest countries in the world recently had a meeting about cryptocurrency. If ever Bitcoin and altcoins will be legalized worldwide and will be highly accepted, which country would you like to lead it? I mean, the country wherein the main office about cryoto regulations will be built and the major country which will usually hosts events and meetings about cryptocurrency.
There won't be any lead because good luck with all the countries accepting to legalize bitcoin. And leading would totally centralize things and the purpose of bitcoin ends right there itself. It'll exist but for everything that it was created for, will never happen. It'll just become a random currency in the market.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:57:02 PM

I guess if we are going to look at the trading volumes per 24 hours, we will see what countries really loves crypto so its pretty obvious that it will be Japan.

However, I don't like the idea of having like a HQ for crypto regulations, it totally contradicts what Satoshi envision, decentralization. As far as holding meetings, they can go and held it to any country as long as that host country is very friendly and supportive of crypto (there are a lot).

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:14:14 PM

If that really need to happened then, I will choose Japan to lead, the reason is because Japanese people more appreciate the technology and more open minded about crypto, so although there will be regulations the leader will be able to balance the rules, we need the rules that able to expand crypto further, no some egoistic rules that going to bring down crypto to become nearly like fiat
pocket_lck

Activity: 105

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:18:58 PM

With the G20 country meeting I think it has a good impact on cryptocurrencies, and what if the legal crypto around the world I would vote for a controlled Indonesia.
HPQ.IO

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 11:21:55 PM

Don't you think that it ruins the idea of decentralization as the main idea of cryptocurrencies?

We will just have another regulated currency pool, and governments are happy of course.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:25:42 PM

It's a not a good idea. If it happens bitcoin will be destroyed.
I see some people want Japan to rule over cryptocurrencies. Assume that Japan is now the leader. What will happen next? Do you think other countries will let Japan to play that critical role in their economy?
And the other problem is centralization which is the opposite of why bitcoin has been created.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:51:11 PM

The problem with countries 'leading' in this market is that while initially they might contribute to more growth, but when they suddenly change their stance on crypto, they can inflict a lot of damage on this market.

I understand that there will always be a difference in size and importance per country, but I (and I'm sure a lot others as well) would like to see growth be as widely distributed throughout the world as possible.

One country shouldn't be able to take the entire market down with it once it for whatever reason withdraws itself from crypto land. That's the worst possible scenario for any market, and I hope we never have to experience this.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:56:03 PM

I do not want a country that rules over bitcoins. It will give them the power to manipulate the market which in the first place everything should be fair enough for everyone.

Like for example, China does not rule o er bitcoins but that country influences bitcoins more than any country in the world, when it spread FUDs about it, everything tumbled down and dragged some good investors down.

Now that Japan develops ahead, I think one false news can pull bitcoins down harder.

Having a superior country is not healthy for the industry.
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:09:55 AM

In terms of regulations and legal actions usa is the best country to hold cryptocurrency. But in terms of doing some changes about the existing technology or make it better maybe china is the best country to hold crypto currency.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:14:10 AM

I think Japan will take over it because Japan Population 40% their have bitcoin hodl and they goverment support it and many store accepted bitcoins as a payment method.
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:16:25 AM

Actually, I don't want to see that A country will be leading Bitcoin. Decentralized is the main fact of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. We love Decentralised system Because we love freedom. And, if I have to answer your question then I will Pick Japan obviously.

gobingo

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:54:33 AM

I want to control the United States in the trade of cryptocurrency in G20 associations, and that is very influential in the movement of the cryptocurrency market.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:11:59 AM

With the G20 country meeting I think it has a good impact on cryptocurrencies, and what if the legal crypto around the world I would vote for a controlled Indonesia.

Wait what? Indonesia? They have ban it as far as I know then why would you choose a country that already put a hammer ban to crypto. So you want a country to rule on something they doesn't like in the first place, it doesn't make any sense at all. lol. I agree that Japan should be the first nation, if ever there is a country that will rule this crypto. Since entering the scene, they have taken over everything from China.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
coin_maker

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:33:24 AM

What you are telling goes against the purpose of cryptocurrency which is a decentralized currency and making a country lead it will make it centralized. Still if any country take the lead of cryptocurrency it will not matter much which country is leading, all will be benefitted
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: