Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:44:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should have sell my altcoins when it was towering at the market.  (Read 376 times)
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:05:05 AM

should have sell my altcoins when it was towering in the market. i need money now but all my altcoins and tokens are in dip low. should i sell it in now or wait for the market to bounce back?

Dont sell your altcoin today since the price is very low, better hold it a little longer and wait for the price to recover with that you wont lose any asset and maybe you'll gain profit out of it so stay hodl/

Definitely, I would suggest you should not sell it this time since cryptocurrency is still on dip. If you will be going to sell it at a lower price then there is no meaning why you had invested the whole thing. The purpose is to earn profit and not to lose the opportunity to gain. It could be a longer patience that you need to do as this will be back on track few months from now.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
conanmori

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:11:36 AM

A big no you should hold if you miss the price high and didnt managed to sell it. I also experience it holding my coins for too long just happily watching the price getting high in a week and then it stop growing and went red day by day losing to much if i sold it before. Right now i just holding it and waiting for the next pump to come and sell then buy new coin to hold.

zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:33:30 AM

should have sell my altcoins when it was towering in the market. i need money now but all my altcoins and tokens are in dip low. should i sell it in now or wait for the market to bounce back?
I think you had better wait for the market. Because you will lose more money with the low price.

kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:47:19 AM

if you really need money now you can sell it but if you can find other way to get money then the best would be to not sell it. many regret not selling their altcoins when the price is still high. it is too late to think that now better hold your coins and wait.
mankind server

Activity: 52
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:09:20 AM

Pause. Concerning current resolve - simply hold your teeth a pause. There is no reason for grieving over the past. Take your lessons and utilize them to respond better next time. The market will go up hard once more, however we need to concede - not before no less than a couple of more months.

Concerning current monetary circumstance - endeavor to discover another arrangement (simply don't credit cash and raise your hell double the worse.....)

Or on the other hand if the circumstance is that terrible you could get, say, 30% out now and leave the rest in.

I simply trust that the activities you put resources into are important. Make some principal examination, and if not - move your portfolio around a bit.
annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:16:51 AM

We all know the answer to your question buddy, sell it when the market bounce back. But it really depends on your needs, if you don't have enough money and needs it badly, it is still your choice. If you still have an extra income except crypto's better hold it, no matter how long it takes, as long as you will gain big profit from it. Just relax and enjoy, no need to rush selling atcoins, they will have their own time to excel. It will just takes time.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:19:41 AM

Honestly I think if you sell now you might be banging your head on the wall 6 months from now.  Most of the people I know who invested in altcoins are down 60-85%.  If you need the money perhaps its best to use other avenues such as credit cards or friends.  It already too late, and thinking about what if probably not gonna help either.  Hang in there...

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:22:32 AM

If you need fiat now and selling your altcoins is the only option you can have them, then you have no choice but to do so.
One of the many mistakes I had was the same as yours. Hodling thinking it will go even higher  Grin
Ali Akbar Torang

Activity: 381

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:44:28 AM

if you still can handle your economic situation right now, i suggest you to hold it a little longer but if you can't handle it or cannot be more patient i suggest you to liquidated the assets. but this is only my opinion

Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:48:28 AM

This is one of the biggest problems that people face in this market. Your investments are far from your price target, but something urgent happens and you need money in the real world.

Solutions:

1 (my favorite solution). Try to live in a way that nothing urgent happens to you. Wanna buy a new car? Only do it when you have the money in your pocket, not when you have the "promise of money" in a crypto account.
2. If something urgent happened to you, try to solve the matter in the real world (borrow money, loans, sell real world stuff, ...).
3. If you have to sell your investments, you have to. But try to do it wisely and choose the one that doesn't pump later and leave you in anger.   Angry
earnetheasy

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:48:30 AM

do not sell my mate. Just hold on for a while and have some patience for god sake. things will get better so so just don't loose hope and keep faith.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:07:20 AM

If you really need money for emergency purposes, I will definitely sell those since I can still get back from the start and earn free tokens by participating in bounty campaigns and airdrops. If you just need money for something that is not that important or you think that there is another way to borrow some money, then you should hold those altcoins and sell them on your preferred price. If you sold those when the market is down or if you already lost -30% to -50% of it, then you will definitely regret it every time you will remember it, specially when the market is going upward.
boss82_big

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:12:35 AM

Well, I'm waiting for the market to start growing again to sell its tokens, now they cost very little, so wait for a certain period so that everything goes up.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:14:45 AM

wait for more time, if you will do that you will just lose your money.
Remember to always watch the graph and the market, like what happened, you still onboard while most of the holders are selling coins before its too late.
this will serve a lecture so next time be updated.
altsMlk

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:21:25 AM

If you really need money, you should sell your coins. No doubts. Personally I think that the market will show a bull trend near future. But nothing guaranteed. So sell your coins only if you have not another way to fulfill your needs.

VIVA NETWORK  *** Introducing borderless, peer to peer mortgage crowdlending.
A better way to buy a home!  *** https://www.vivanetwork.org **
chenjkai

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:03:48 AM

I would tell you that if you really need money and they are your last ones, get them from there. But definitely, if you get other opportunity, just hold it.
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:37:14 PM

I assume that everyone thinks about it now. But it always easy to make decisions when it's too late. Anyway it's a good lesson for me. Next time the market goes up I'll sell some of my coins to fix the profit.
xireKT

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:43:51 PM

I had a similar situation, I invested most of my money in several altcoins, but then I urgently needed money. If I sold all the altcoins, I would get 50% less than I invested. So I thought for a long time and came to the conclusion that I need to continue to hpld my altcoins.
It was not an easy decision, but I think it's just a difficult time for crypto right now, but soon the prices will start to rise.

I hear ya. I'm also in the same boat except I invested "all" my money. All I got now is my monthly work salary but I've been able to manage using just my salary otherwise I would be in deep trouble selling at a huge loss.

I'm ok with HODL'ing as of now.
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:56:16 PM

If you still have spare of money, better wait until the market recover. But if you really need it and cannot wait like daily needs and bills and payments, sell other coins that will cover your bills and payment and hold what is left.

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:30:28 AM

My friend, if you really have an urge to get money and your only option is your cryptocurrencies, I think you should use them to get out of the problem, because the current market is going through a bearish moment that could continue for quite some time. In the end it has become clear that this market is so volatile and manipulable that you will always find good opportunities to buy back in the future.

I guess that the guy does not have any problems with the money (I mean fiat). Otherwise, he would not ask these questions here. I think, he should better hold the altcoins (we must do it as well) and do not sell anything.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: