Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes when trade coin  (Read 22437 times)
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:19:29 PM

1. Too hasty, lack of knowledge

-This is a mistake that most investors when started. The hot growth of the market, the price of Bitcoin growth every day is the main motive for new investors to participate in this market. They are always afraid to miss the opportunity. So they hurried into the market and forgot to learn. So learn first. Be patient waiting for a price you think is good, or at least according to technical and market signals.

2. The goal is too big, greedy

-You should set goals when entering the market just to be profitable. Do not expect too soon to be rich or become a millionaire in a short time. When I join ico, it must reach x $ or x5, x10 for these ico, that actually kills me. When the price fell, I did not sell. That was a big mistake.
Most of the investors, trader has experience, they only want to increase their property by 30% in a month. They are too happy. Remember to a story put the grain on the chessboard with 64 boxes. Patience, not to lose, your property will quickly bulge
Remember to expect 30% of your assets, you are likely to lose 30%, expecting x5 x10 accounts quickly will help you to 1/5, 1/10 of investment capital.

3.Do not stoploss
-This is an extremely important lesson. Any experience or famous investors emphasize this. Stoploss help you have successfully trade up to 80%, do not know how to stoploss, you certainly never win, just fail sooner or later. You can not stop the market trend, stop loss is painless to want to do, but it protects your capital, help you get back to very quickly.

4. Try to resist the trend
-Try to resist the trend
You will be dying right away, which is the answer to trying to resist the crowd trend. In a festival, the whole crowd is joyfully moving forward, you just go back, you are immediately stamped to death. For the market too. When the crowd rushes to buy the excitement, you think the market will fall, you will certainly lose money. In contrast, when the market has strong sell trend, you try to hold the more losses. Get out as soon as possible and go earlier than the crowd.. If you run after the crowd, of course you will be able to die with the crowd, know enough and stop even though the crowd is still running. In every investment, in the long run the crowd has never won. When you are swept away so fast, as the car is so fast, braking slowly no matter what trouble will help you stop safely, waiting for the incident, whether the car is good but you also hurt less a lot of.

Basically, I agree with your list of major mistakes in crypto-currency trading. But I would like to clarify the first mistake, as I see it. I believe that the problem is not a lack of knowledge, but the fact that very often beginners are reluctant to study the situation on their own. Don`t forget that if your decision to buy a currency depends on the opinion of someone else, then you will have to rely on this opinion and when selling. Therefore, I urge all newbies don`t be a layman, explore the market in which you work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winterblues

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

Investors spend a massive amount of time trying to make all the right moves. The collective effort dedicated to picking good stocks, managers, exchange-traded funds, and so on, is immense. There are countless books, magazines, newsletters, podcasts, blogs, television programs, and more dedicated to helping investors make the best possible decisions when it comes to selecting and managing investments.

Far less energy and commentary is committed to the topic of how not to make the wrong moves. Here, I’ll discuss three common mistakes, all of which I’ve made (and will continue to make) myself. The three are related in that they are all behavioral issues that have been hard-wired into us over centuries. I’ll also share the potential consequences of these behav­ioral blunders and how you might be able to avoid them.

Mistake #1: Trying to Control Things You Can’t

Countless factors drive global markets. Randomness rules, so predicting how these myriad variables will influence securities’ prices is impossible. Thinking otherwise is foolish. Deep down, we all know this, but we prognosticate nonetheless. What’s more, we have a tendency to think that we not only know how the future will take shape, but that we have some part in shaping it.

Investors cannot control the path of interest rates, increases in productivity, the level of Amazon.com’s (AMZN) stock price, and so on, but we often act as though we can. The illusion of control is pervasive. It is in some ways a form of self-preservation, and it’s been linked to positive mental health. But as inves­tors, it can be hazardous to our wealth.

The illusion of control can lead to overconfidence. Overconfidence can lead to overtrading. Overtrading will almost inevitably leave you short of meeting your goals.

While I could go on forever enumerating the things that we cannot influence, the list of those things we can control as investors is much shorter. The most meaningful levers we can pull to affect our investment outcomes are as follows.

Save. Sock away as much as you can. This is the investor’s equivalent of advising you to eat dark green leafy vegetables. We know it’s good for us, but we’d like it better on a pizza. The earlier we begin saving, the better, as it buys us more time for the magic of compounding to work in our favor.

Invest. This may seem obvious, but the biggest determinant of your investment success isn’t which stocks or funds you pick, or how you allocate your assets, but simply whether you’re in the market at all.

Allocate your assets appropriately. Asset-allo­cation matters, though it’s a distant second to simply being invested in the market. How you allocate your assets depends on your goals, your time horizon, and your willingness and ability to assume risk, among other things. Having an appropriate mix of stocks, bonds, and cash will do more to move the needle than trying to pick the best securities or managers you can find.

Minimize costs. Fees, commissions, taxes—every penny spent covering these costs is a penny that will not compound over time to be savored down the road. So spend every penny wisely.

Avoid taxes. Please note that I did not write “evade taxes.” While we can’t control tax policy, we can respond to it. Locating less tax-efficient assets (closed-end funds, for example) in tax-deferred accounts and investing in relatively tax-efficient vehi­cles (such as equity ETFs) in taxable accounts can help you avoid putting any more pennies into Uncle Sam’s pocket than you have to.

There are countless things investors cannot control, but we often kid ourselves into thinking we can. Avoid overconfidence by keeping this short list nearby. Give it a look the next time you think you know what the launch of the iPhone X will do for Apple’s (AAPL) stock price.

Mistake #2: Recency Bias

Recency bias describes our tendency to extrapolate our recent experience into the future. When my three-year old throws a tantrum, I tend to picture her as a grown woman kicking and screaming on the floor, even though I’m confident she’ll become a well-adjusted adult. Investors do the same. Stocks have been marching higher for the better part of a decade, so surely they’ll only continue to climb...right?

Recency bias can become particularly dangerous in bear markets. Falling stock prices can lead to panic selling, and shellshocked investors can be slow to get back in once markets rebound. There’s plenty of evidence that the psychological effects of the global financial crisis linger with investors to this day, as many of them have remained on the sidelines for much of the ensuing recovery. Remember, whether or not you are invested is the most painfully obvious determinant of your outcomes. Sitting out on a nearly decade-long rally has been a serious setback for many.

One of the bigger investment mistakes I’ve ever made can be partly attributed to recency bias. In February 2009, I bought shares of the paint, coatings, and chemicals manufacturer PPG Industries (PPG). The market was near its nadir, and this was a highly cash-generative company that had consistently raised its dividend for decades, was in good financial health, but was clearly going through a rough patch (what wasn’t?). I saw this as an once-in-a-lifetime buying opportunity and acted on it.

One month later, I sold my shares. At the time, it seemed like the world was ending, I’d made a few bucks as the stock had bounced back, but it seemed to me at the time that the market—and maybe even the global economy—had more pain in store. Recency bias got the best of me.

What began as a contrarian move by value-oriented me turned out to be a costly mistake. From the time I bought PPG shares on Feb. 20, 2009, to the end of October 2017, the stock returned 27.6% annualized. Meanwhile, SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) gained about 17% annually during that same span. Having sold in March 2009, I missed out on virtually all of that recovery. My opportunity cost was greater still, as my recency bias led me to leave the proceeds of that sale in cash for years afterward.

How can we try to control recency bias? The first step is to recognize that it exists (in 2009, I wasn’t familiar with the concept). But that alone isn’t enough. Inevitably, we will be lured by the siren song of “This time is different.” It’s true that every zig and zag in the market is driven by distinct factors from the zigs and zags that preceded it. So, yes, technically speaking, every time is different. But what’s also true is that the long-term trend in markets has been positive for more than a century. Markets grow as economies grow as corporate earnings grow. This trend has persisted through countless crises. So if there’s any good way to avoid recency bias, I’d suggest that it would be to periodically look at the arc of the markets during the past 100-plus years as a reminder that every time is different, but the markets are still driven by the same fundamentals.

Mistake #3: Paying Too Much Attention

Our most meaningful investment milestones are decades away, but our attention is monopolized by the moment. Paying too much attention to our invest­ments today can put us at risk of missing goals that are years away.

One of the chief side effects of monitoring our invest­ments too closely is that it fuels our aversion to loss. Loss-aversion is but one suitcase among our abundant evolutionary baggage. The theory is that we feel far greater pain from losses than we experience pleasure from gains of equal magnitude. The tie to evolution is that Fred Flintstone had far greater incentive to avoid being mauled by a saber-toothed tiger than to order another oversize rack of ribs from his already-toppled car.

Loss aversion can have a meaningful impact on investor behavior. In “Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle,” Shlomo Benartzi and Richard Thaler demonstrated that the disconnect between the duration of investor’s goals (retiring 30 years from now, for example) and the frequency with which they monitor their portfolios (typically at least once a year) leads to a behavior they coined “myopic loss aversion.” The likelihood of losses in any given one-year period is far greater than the probability of losing money over a longer horizon. But the authors found that annual reviews led investors to behave as if their investment horizon was a year out and not 10 or 20 or 30. This leads many to take less risk (by allocating less to stocks, for example) than is necessary to meet their longer-dated goals.

The best way to shake this behavior is to simply stop paying so much attention to the markets and our portfolios. I am a firm believer in an approach to port­folio monitoring and maintenance that borders on benign neglect. There is so much noise in the markets that the signal typically fades into the background. Tuning out the noise will also help to diminish the illu­sion of control and recency bias. In recent years, I personally have made a habit of only looking at my own investments once every few months or so. I’ve found that every time I turn up the volume knob on the market’s noise-making apparatus, it’s tempted me to tinker with my portfolio. While it’s tough to put the market on mute, I think we’d all be better served by tuning out a bit more often.
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:41:57 PM

-This is a mistake that most investors when started. The hot growth of the market, the price of Bitcoin growth every day is the main motive for new investors to participate in this market. They are always afraid to miss the opportunity. So they hurried into the market and forgot to learn. So learn first. Be patient waiting for a price you think is good, or at least according to technical and market signals.

-You should set goals when entering the market just to be profitable. Do not expect too soon to be rich or become a millionaire in a short time. When I join ico, it must reach x $ or x5, x10 for these ico, that actually kills me. When the price fell, I did not sell. That was a big mistake.
Most of the investors, trader has experience, they only want to increase their property by 30% in a month. They are too happy. Remember to a story put the grain on the chessboard with 64 boxes. Patience, not to lose, your property will quickly bulge
Remember to expect 30% of your assets, you are likely to lose 30%, expecting x5 x10 accounts quickly will help you to 1/5, 1/10 of investment capital.

3.Do not stoploss
-This is an extremely important lesson. Any experience or famous investors emphasize this. Stoploss help you have successfully trade up to 80%, do not know how to stoploss, you certainly never win, just fail sooner or later. You can not stop the market trend, stop loss is painless to want to do, but it protects your capital, help you get back to very quickly.

-Try to resist the trend
You will be dying right away, which is the answer to trying to resist the crowd trend. In a festival, the whole crowd is joyfully moving forward, you just go back, you are immediately stamped to death. For the market too. When the crowd rushes to buy the excitement, you think the market will fall, you will certainly lose money. In contrast, when the market has strong sell trend, you try to hold the more losses. Get out as soon as possible and go earlier than the crowd.. If you run after the crowd, of course you will be able to die with the crowd, know enough and stop even though the crowd is still running. In every investment, in the long run the crowd has never won. When you are swept away so fast, as the car is so fast, braking slowly no matter what trouble will help you stop safely, waiting for the incident, whether the car is good but you also hurt less a lot of.
Yes i agree with you because the biggest mistake people did is that, they want to earn some extra money but due to lack of market knowledge always ended up with loss and this is the main reason that after suffering loss people then stop doing trading.

Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:47:05 PM

Investors spend a massive amount of time trying to make all the right moves. The collective effort dedicated to picking good stocks, managers, exchange-traded funds, and so on, is immense. There are countless books, magazines, newsletters, podcasts, blogs, television programs, and more dedicated to helping investors make the best possible decisions when it comes to selecting and managing investments.

Far less energy and commentary is committed to the topic of how not to make the wrong moves. Here, I’ll discuss three common mistakes, all of which I’ve made (and will continue to make) myself. The three are related in that they are all behavioral issues that have been hard-wired into us over centuries. I’ll also share the potential consequences of these behav­ioral blunders and how you might be able to avoid them.

Mistake #1: Trying to Control Things You Can’t

Countless factors drive global markets. Randomness rules, so predicting how these myriad variables will influence securities’ prices is impossible. Thinking otherwise is foolish. Deep down, we all know this, but we prognosticate nonetheless. What’s more, we have a tendency to think that we not only know how the future will take shape, but that we have some part in shaping it.

Investors cannot control the path of interest rates, increases in productivity, the level of Amazon.com’s (AMZN) stock price, and so on, but we often act as though we can. The illusion of control is pervasive. It is in some ways a form of self-preservation, and it’s been linked to positive mental health. But as inves­tors, it can be hazardous to our wealth.

The illusion of control can lead to overconfidence. Overconfidence can lead to overtrading. Overtrading will almost inevitably leave you short of meeting your goals.

While I could go on forever enumerating the things that we cannot influence, the list of those things we can control as investors is much shorter. The most meaningful levers we can pull to affect our investment outcomes are as follows.

Save. Sock away as much as you can. This is the investor’s equivalent of advising you to eat dark green leafy vegetables. We know it’s good for us, but we’d like it better on a pizza. The earlier we begin saving, the better, as it buys us more time for the magic of compounding to work in our favor.

Invest. This may seem obvious, but the biggest determinant of your investment success isn’t which stocks or funds you pick, or how you allocate your assets, but simply whether you’re in the market at all.

Allocate your assets appropriately. Asset-allo­cation matters, though it’s a distant second to simply being invested in the market. How you allocate your assets depends on your goals, your time horizon, and your willingness and ability to assume risk, among other things. Having an appropriate mix of stocks, bonds, and cash will do more to move the needle than trying to pick the best securities or managers you can find.

Minimize costs. Fees, commissions, taxes—every penny spent covering these costs is a penny that will not compound over time to be savored down the road. So spend every penny wisely.

Avoid taxes. Please note that I did not write “evade taxes.” While we can’t control tax policy, we can respond to it. Locating less tax-efficient assets (closed-end funds, for example) in tax-deferred accounts and investing in relatively tax-efficient vehi­cles (such as equity ETFs) in taxable accounts can help you avoid putting any more pennies into Uncle Sam’s pocket than you have to.

There are countless things investors cannot control, but we often kid ourselves into thinking we can. Avoid overconfidence by keeping this short list nearby. Give it a look the next time you think you know what the launch of the iPhone X will do for Apple’s (AAPL) stock price.

Mistake #2: Recency Bias

Recency bias describes our tendency to extrapolate our recent experience into the future. When my three-year old throws a tantrum, I tend to picture her as a grown woman kicking and screaming on the floor, even though I’m confident she’ll become a well-adjusted adult. Investors do the same. Stocks have been marching higher for the better part of a decade, so surely they’ll only continue to climb...right?

Recency bias can become particularly dangerous in bear markets. Falling stock prices can lead to panic selling, and shellshocked investors can be slow to get back in once markets rebound. There’s plenty of evidence that the psychological effects of the global financial crisis linger with investors to this day, as many of them have remained on the sidelines for much of the ensuing recovery. Remember, whether or not you are invested is the most painfully obvious determinant of your outcomes. Sitting out on a nearly decade-long rally has been a serious setback for many.

One of the bigger investment mistakes I’ve ever made can be partly attributed to recency bias. In February 2009, I bought shares of the paint, coatings, and chemicals manufacturer PPG Industries (PPG). The market was near its nadir, and this was a highly cash-generative company that had consistently raised its dividend for decades, was in good financial health, but was clearly going through a rough patch (what wasn’t?). I saw this as an once-in-a-lifetime buying opportunity and acted on it.

One month later, I sold my shares. At the time, it seemed like the world was ending, I’d made a few bucks as the stock had bounced back, but it seemed to me at the time that the market—and maybe even the global economy—had more pain in store. Recency bias got the best of me.

What began as a contrarian move by value-oriented me turned out to be a costly mistake. From the time I bought PPG shares on Feb. 20, 2009, to the end of October 2017, the stock returned 27.6% annualized. Meanwhile, SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) gained about 17% annually during that same span. Having sold in March 2009, I missed out on virtually all of that recovery. My opportunity cost was greater still, as my recency bias led me to leave the proceeds of that sale in cash for years afterward.

How can we try to control recency bias? The first step is to recognize that it exists (in 2009, I wasn’t familiar with the concept). But that alone isn’t enough. Inevitably, we will be lured by the siren song of “This time is different.” It’s true that every zig and zag in the market is driven by distinct factors from the zigs and zags that preceded it. So, yes, technically speaking, every time is different. But what’s also true is that the long-term trend in markets has been positive for more than a century. Markets grow as economies grow as corporate earnings grow. This trend has persisted through countless crises. So if there’s any good way to avoid recency bias, I’d suggest that it would be to periodically look at the arc of the markets during the past 100-plus years as a reminder that every time is different, but the markets are still driven by the same fundamentals.

Mistake #3: Paying Too Much Attention

Our most meaningful investment milestones are decades away, but our attention is monopolized by the moment. Paying too much attention to our invest­ments today can put us at risk of missing goals that are years away.

One of the chief side effects of monitoring our invest­ments too closely is that it fuels our aversion to loss. Loss-aversion is but one suitcase among our abundant evolutionary baggage. The theory is that we feel far greater pain from losses than we experience pleasure from gains of equal magnitude. The tie to evolution is that Fred Flintstone had far greater incentive to avoid being mauled by a saber-toothed tiger than to order another oversize rack of ribs from his already-toppled car.

Loss aversion can have a meaningful impact on investor behavior. In “Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle,” Shlomo Benartzi and Richard Thaler demonstrated that the disconnect between the duration of investor’s goals (retiring 30 years from now, for example) and the frequency with which they monitor their portfolios (typically at least once a year) leads to a behavior they coined “myopic loss aversion.” The likelihood of losses in any given one-year period is far greater than the probability of losing money over a longer horizon. But the authors found that annual reviews led investors to behave as if their investment horizon was a year out and not 10 or 20 or 30. This leads many to take less risk (by allocating less to stocks, for example) than is necessary to meet their longer-dated goals.

The best way to shake this behavior is to simply stop paying so much attention to the markets and our portfolios. I am a firm believer in an approach to port­folio monitoring and maintenance that borders on benign neglect. There is so much noise in the markets that the signal typically fades into the background. Tuning out the noise will also help to diminish the illu­sion of control and recency bias. In recent years, I personally have made a habit of only looking at my own investments once every few months or so. I’ve found that every time I turn up the volume knob on the market’s noise-making apparatus, it’s tempted me to tinker with my portfolio. While it’s tough to put the market on mute, I think we’d all be better served by tuning out a bit more often.
I appreciate what you said but i would like to add some point. According to me paying too much attention is not a problem because when you pay attention you became more active. Also paying too much attention can help in finding out the smallest difference occurred in the market, which would help individual to take decisions accordingly.

doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:47:43 PM

The mistake is that we are too hasty to sell them, not patiently holding them for long periods of time. In the Crypto market, if you are patient, you will probably be more successful. Do not worry too much about the current price they will not be good for you.
Begining everybody will make mistakes in trading it is common, but in trading, every mistake will teach you a new lesson but don't you repeat it again and again. major mistake what people will do means they will not control their emotions and take panic decisions.
Not even only in trading but in every walk of life. People must understand that in any game, either they win or they learn. Now the successful persons adopt this ability to learn from what they had done wrong in the past. The new strategies are devised and the new plans according to the learning from mistakes are established. And only such actions will impart a better profit ratio after trading.
some people cant understand why they have some mistake for and they think that they dont deserve that kind of mistake but we should be able to learn for every mistake that may done for.
Mistakes are very common we do it when trading, But i tis a fact that we should learn from our mistakes and should not repeat it, in fact some time it a little make give us a very big lost, so we need to be too much careful and should to every thing so perfectly, in fact trading is a very risky way of making money therefore we need to be too much careful.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:56:29 AM

I love the number two,when most of the users first thing in mind everytime they risk capital investing here ..more of them looking for x1-5 and sometimes even x10 is what they have expected..this is the reason why we should stop being greedy and be contented enough for even a percentage of gaining,then do it again ang again for many percentage and soon it would be bigger.
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:01:49 AM

The mistake is that we are too hasty to sell them, not patiently holding them for long periods of time. In the Crypto market, if you are patient, you will probably be more successful. Do not worry too much about the current price they will not be good for you.
Begining everybody will make mistakes in trading it is common, but in trading, every mistake will teach you a new lesson but don't you repeat it again and again. major mistake what people will do means they will not control their emotions and take panic decisions.
It is a common thing if you are working with knowledge then your outcome and overall procedure will give you better results and the uncertainty of mistakes will be less. On the other hand if you are working without knowledge than you will face with loss and many difficulties while doing trading with people? You would not be able to contact with customers and with many things.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:19:37 AM

With learning, and some gathering of experiences, it would always be a decision one would easily make.
I remembered when I started trading, and even after learning, I still had that issue of trying to beat the market to it, but one thing with the market is that it is always going to be ahead, so before even entering a position.

It is always better to have a planned exit before then which is one thing most new traders do not usually do. Set a sell position, and monitor the market once in a while to check out the situations. If it goes higher, accept you have hit your target and move to the next one.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:29:34 AM

These mistakes are the main reasons why we lose some investments. They mistakes must be learned from now on, thus if you continue for this mistakes, it could lead you to downfall of your profit. We should not let this happen, we should learn from our own mistakes and dont let this happen again from now on.
Obviously and not just in trading. If you start an investment and you do not get the full grasp of it or are able to know all the things necessary to play your cards well, most especially when it is a highly risky one, then such an individual will always find it very hard to be able to get the best from their investment which rather than making profit, they would be busy making huge losses as the case may be.

Most of the things that have made a lot of newbies to foolishly make huge mistakes in trading till date is because they never prepared themselves for the task ahead. As long as you are trying to do something and you do not have the knowledge or the know-how of using the tools to make you thread safely, there is no way such a person will not always end up in the negative side of things which usually subject them to emotional behaviors while trying to trade the market.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Huruharacorp

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:46:04 AM

I love the number two,when most of the users first thing in mind everytime they risk capital investing here ..more of them looking for x1-5 and sometimes even x10 is what they have expected..this is the reason why we should stop being greedy and be contented enough for even a percentage of gaining,then do it again ang again for many percentage and soon it would be bigger.
maybe ture, the greedy nature sometimes that makes us a loss while trading.
lust is difficult to control when the market price continues to rise, and we buy it at a high price instead we and up stuck at that price, because the market price goes down that gap
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:52:44 AM

I want to add a few more.

Being emotional- When you can not separate your emotion on trading you will become illogical that will result in a bad trade.

Not sticking to their strategy or plan - Often people who are not sticking to their plan may result into a a greater loss.
Example is if you have a stop loss and the coin  went to that price then sell it do not hope that it will come back up, same when the price is rising if you hit your price target then sell it, it may come up more but you do not know it for sure it may go down as well. Just lock your porfit.
Bustart

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:50:35 AM

These mistakes are the main reasons why we lose some investments. They mistakes must be learned from now on, thus if you continue for this mistakes, it could lead you to downfall of your profit. We should not let this happen, we should learn from our own mistakes and dont let this happen again from now on.
Obviously and not just in trading. If you start an investment and you do not get the full grasp of it or are able to know all the things necessary to play your cards well, most especially when it is a highly risky one, then such an individual will always find it very hard to be able to get the best from their investment which rather than making profit, they would be busy making huge losses as the case may be.

Most of the things that have made a lot of newbies to foolishly make huge mistakes in trading till date is because they never prepared themselves for the task ahead. As long as you are trying to do something and you do not have the knowledge or the know-how of using the tools to make you thread safely, there is no way such a person will not always end up in the negative side of things which usually subject them to emotional behaviors while trying to trade the market.
Mistakes and failures are part of success but if done repeatedly it's no longer good. However, this can be corrected if you educate yourself and have a full understanding of what are the do's and don'ts in trading. Never put your whole emotion in trading and expect the unexpected. Being good traders recognize their mistakes, and more importantly – analyze and learn, thus improving their skills for awareness and understanding the market.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:06:51 AM

You listed many of the mistakes that I did and if i wouldnt have made those simple mistakes i would be so much wealthier right now.  if i didnt get too greedy, and just cashed out, after Ethereum experienced its huge spike I wouldve been able to buy 30+ ether at current prices.  But what my greedy self ended up doing was putting all my profits into litecoin thinking it was going to boom next.
I guess so many people at the start of their career in trading actually made some silly mistakes which we later on wish we could reverse, but we just have to move on. One thing with the market is to always know how to blend when there is a trend, and the truth is no one can ever be sure where the market can move in the next minute.

However, knowledge and experience is what professional traders use in trading the market, and if you do not have that, and still combine some silly attributes like greed, then that is going to always be an issue.

The reason why some traders do not have any instinct to trust is because they really had no idea how to trade effectively in the first place and instead of them looking for a strategy to play the market safely, they let emotions take a huge hold of them until they flop everything entirely and ended up screwing everything up. One thing is that, market would always be market and the only way to always play well in this market is never to get greedy. If you are lucky to sell into FOMO, good and fine, but you should always have a strategy right from the onset.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:09:00 PM

The very crucial decision that investors need to take is when to buy and when to sell. The most common mistakes people do is they buy it at a very high price and when the price start falling they sell it at a lower price being panicked. In this market you will have to learn to take risk. The main principle of this market is you will have to hold the coin to get optimum profit. The time period of this hold can be few days, few months and even few years.
Hmm. You will still want to be careful if you are doing the opposite of what the crowd is doing as there may be some time, you will just have to join the crowd most especially in a stop loss situation than just buying and holding through a knife that is falling.

Although, it is a theory that has always helped long term investors and even buffet once said it, that the best way to play the market is to always do the opposite. An unnecessary FOMO should tell you to sell, and an unnecessary dump should tell you to buy. Buying is always a good thing because you will be getting another cheaper prices to enter in. So, make use of unnecessary dump.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:17:04 PM

Definitely agreed with the third and the last option. People completely ignore the stop-loss order, and that it really bad for a trader. Stop loss order is an essentials thing in this completely highly volatile and speculative assets, to prevent any further loss. The last option is what I see many newcomer traders problems, they did not follow the flow of the market.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 05:24:16 PM

The first one is the biggest mistake, in my opinion, lack of knowledge of the market is the primary reason why most of the newbies suffer from the volatile market. I have lost my 100% capital in my initial days of trading when I used to trade based on the opinions and tips shared in the chat box. Now, it is the section where I rarely give any attention while trading. I recommend investing time in doing research before investing money. After all, crypto is all about taking own responsibility.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:37:50 PM

Agreed with most of the things stated in the OP but IMO, being too hasty and lacking knowledge is mainly the trader's fault and could not consider a mistake in terms of trading and this actually pertain to new investors.

Even if people in the forum can read these tips, they will still do it eventually, one way or the other until they experienced it first hand and learn it the hard way. There may be some that will take a point of this and will apply to their trading decisions tho.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:45:08 PM

The first one is the biggest mistake, in my opinion, lack of knowledge of the market is the primary reason why most of the newbies suffer from the volatile market. I have lost my 100% capital in my initial days of trading when I used to trade based on the opinions and tips shared in the chat box. Now, it is the section where I rarely give any attention while trading. I recommend investing time in doing research before investing money. After all, crypto is all about taking own responsibility.
mistake in coin trading is we are too hasty. even when we get not so much profit, we will sell it. whereas the coin has such great potential. well other than that, knowledge becomes a pentin point in this case. most of the people who trade are just trial and error.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:27:49 PM

I only trust on the greedy factor. Lest forget about the stop-loss because that is just the technique with which we can make the trades happen. In that also people can greedy and sett higher profits and very higher losses to give it more window to trade. However, the greedy is the only factor that can make this trade go upside down all the time. When they become the greedy one they are actually putting their trades in red zone, in such instances neither stop-loss can save them nor the heavy knowledge of trades and rest of the things! It doesn't matter how much more you have got, you will lose everything in front of the greed. The reason behind this much stress on the word is simple, I have experienced it too and I h ave lost a lot more money in such way. Im just trying to add up that so that people can know how it can destroy us.
Even the whales are greedy and everyone is greedy but the thing with the market is never to be stupid even with the greed. I have made some greedy decisions before as a trader, but as an experienced one, I have always known how to play safe in such situations. The most things in any market is never to trade without some very good level of knowledge. It will never pay and I have never seen anyone who got to know how to trade by just hitting the exchange and learning from experience.

Till making ourselves with that level of knowledge, we must try only paper trading kind of demo practice trading only. Some people do suggest to go for low volume with small capital. But I never liked that. Money is money whether you are losing big or small. You must always need to look to avoid lose occurring situations.
cfif123

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:47:47 PM

3.Do not stoploss

-Try to resist the trend
Yes i agree with you because the biggest mistake people did is that, they want to earn some extra money but due to lack of market knowledge always ended up with loss and this is the main reason that after suffering loss people then stop doing trading.
certainly that is often a mistake in trading yes it is often panicked because the price on the down and it causes a small or large losses. so if my advice is better do not panic if the price of coins down again because in the not-too-long time that the price of the coin will fall back to the original
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: