Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:23:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you have a blockchain-related side project?
No, just my full time gig - 0 (0%)
Yes, just for fun - 1 (12.5%)
Yes, and I hope to monetize it some day - 3 (37.5%)
Yes, and it's already earning me some money - 2 (25%)
Other - 2 (25%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developers: Do you have a side project?  (Read 213 times)
intellicorepress (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 01:25:46 PM

Hi all!
I'd like to know: How common is it for the developers among you to have a personal side project? Not just contribution to open source projects, but a project for which you are the main responsible person.
In addition to the poll, please feel free to reply to describe your project, development stack and programming language, your future plans for the project, and anything else related to it that comes to mind!

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Severos

Activity: 268
Merit: 119

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:22:36 AM

I have a mobile game under development as a side project (using Unity), but have to say it's going really slow...
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:47:47 PM

Because you're too busy with your day job?

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)
PerfectClam

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:02:52 AM

I have both day job and learning programming for iOS on Swift.
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 12:36:05 PM

I have both day job and learning programming for iOS on Swift.
Working on something specific?

Severos

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:42:06 AM

Because you're too busy with your day job?

Yeah, too busy with University and other side jobs to make a living, once I get a good prototype I'm thinking of going crowdfunding for the game and make it my full time job.
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 08:44:59 AM

Yeah, too busy with University and other side jobs to make a living, once I get a good prototype I'm thinking of going crowdfunding for the game and make it my full time job.
Would you seek crowdfunding on the blockchain or traditional crowdfunding, Kickstarter-like?

Yeah, making a living often gets in the way of more interesting things. Wink

Severos

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:08:51 AM

Would you seek crowdfunding on the blockchain or traditional crowdfunding, Kickstarter-like?

It really depends on many factors, main factor is if I move to a place that I can use crypto for my daily stuff, then I'd seek crowdfunding on blockchain, otherwise I'll use traditional crowdfunding since I need to cover daily costs to work on the game.
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 10:41:26 AM

Crowdfunding using blockchain technology seems to make sense these days, as the existence of cryptocurrencies starts to renowned by the community. Sharing through social media (either holding bounties or airdrops) is a good thing to raise the fund for your project.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 03:13:17 PM

It really depends on many factors, main factor is if I move to a place that I can use crypto for my daily stuff, then I'd seek crowdfunding on blockchain, otherwise I'll use traditional crowdfunding since I need to cover daily costs to work on the game.
You could do a combination of the two, like having a part-time job to cover your personal expenses and crowdfund on the blockchain to cover business expenses, which can often be paid in crypto.

intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 03:15:25 PM

No other developers with side projects in the house? Smiley

Severos

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:30:14 PM

You could do a combination of the two, like having a part-time job to cover your personal expenses and crowdfund on the blockchain to cover business expenses, which can often be paid in crypto.

Having a part-time job will be distracting in the long term, and won't be good for the reputation of the project, because when you go funding a project you expect the owner to be dedicated to their project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: