Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 02:49:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when is safe to sell my alts?  (Read 911 times)
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 04:49:06 PM

Hi all i have a lot of altcoins i invested before the bloody days and now most of then are down lik 50%. Should i sell them with no profit but also no loss or shold i keep them a little more to make profit? what would you do?

I hope when you bought a lot of altcoin before bloody market you using money management, so you can buy back when the Day come with storm. You can get more discount and then sell it when you get profit or sell on the price that you bought first.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:49:36 PM

I think you at least wait them to return back -%25 of all time high (at december 2017) I also had many altcoins and I am not stuck with all of them waiting for prices to raise after bitcoin in late 2018 (safe guess)

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ady_crypto (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:49:51 PM

Hi all i have a lot of altcoins i invested before the bloody days and now most of then are down lik 50%. Should i sell them with no profit but also no loss or shold i keep them a little more to make profit? what would you do?
It all depends on your and situation, whether you can afford waiting or you need to go in cash soon enough, I am not day trader and do not care about prices, I am strongly believe in crypto and blockchain and will hold for many many years.

i am not in the rush to cash but i am wondering if they can still make me profit or i should sell them break even
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:54:15 PM

This is not good time to sell altcoin. You will get a big loss. If you have not any urgency of fiat money then you should to recover the market. I hope you will get profit on your investment.
Kvanko

Activity: 602
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:00:05 PM

Everything can happen, there is no right answer here. As for me - I don't want to sell my alts for now and I'll be holding them. But nearly all of my coins were earned by participating in bounty campaigns so I won't lose money in any case.
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:00:40 PM

I think if you sell now, that's would be the most regret thing in your life ^^
almost 90% people in this market losing money, you are so lucky/clever not to lose.
it did not take you anything if you hold that for a while.
market seem to made some moves recent day. be brave!
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:02:27 PM

You sell it when you have profit! Though sometimes if you think that it will go lower then you need to cut your losses then buy again at a much lower price. In this way, when it goes back up then you will earn more profit which you can sell with happiness plastered upon your face.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1610
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 05:10:25 PM

Waiting for a good timing to sell is like a sniper waiting for a headshot. We all know that market is pretty wild these past few days so much better to hodl and of course observe the market whether it is profitable to sell or cutting your loss. I hate cutting loss that is why all I have to do is relax just let the market green again and sell. I actually am cutting my loss but only when I really needed the money since crypto is my only source of income. I also regret hodling tokens since I already got a loss of maybe 3/4 of it's original value is down so it is very hard for me to wait that long to recover that loss but it's okay since I only got those tokens from bounty campaigns.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
seggardinggins

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:13:26 PM

I think it loses too much if you sell it for half the price the better you hold it even though I know you should be saturated waiting until the price goes back but I'm sure you're still not ready to bear losing so much so wait a little longer
vaso11

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:13:56 PM

I would probably sell all coins it because I think that bitcoin will still fall and accordingly pull down all the altcoins( but this only my opinion)

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:16:46 PM

it depends from what you did, if you invested in an ICO i think you better hold untill price back to ICO price. but if you bought altcoins in the market hold it untill get a better price so you not loss too much

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:17:30 PM

What are you holding altcoin? If they are potential projects then you should hold long term, otherwise sell early to avoid risk.

fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:26:35 PM

Its better to hold right now until you have gain some profit. And also its depends what token/coin you hold and if it is a good project you have to hodl your coin tightly.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:28:33 PM

I think it loses too much if you sell it for half the price the better you hold it even though I know you should be saturated waiting until the price goes back but I'm sure you're still not ready to bear losing so much so wait a little longer

Keep calm and wins the race proverb will perfectly fit for bitcoin and alts price fluctuations happening in the market. We need to hodl the bitcoin and alts as much we can. If we missed to do that even we will be part of the market fluctuations.
If you want to invest on alts this is perfect to put the money as much you can.
Now wanna selling the money that is perfect wrong decision. Wait for 2 months and do it.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:47:55 PM

I do not understand people who ask such questions. Dude, this is your money and your risk. If you do not want to risk, take the money. If you want more, wait for the growth of the market. I believe in crypto and I wait patiently.

I do it the same!
And I agree with you! You have to decide - what you want to do it. No one knows - what you have and what you want.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:57:36 PM

Sell when you can be sure of  good return on investment,Profit taking is dependent on your strategy, for  me I sell 1/3 of  my investment ones the  ROI hit 2X, I sell of also if am in need of fiat or need to invest in other ICO i believe in.
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:05:13 PM

you must remain patient to hold, if you sell at a low price you will definitely lose. you should be sure if there is a good coin in the future and it can be used as your coin to restore your losses.
tonyt25

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:12:22 PM

Why would you decide to sell without profit which contradicts your reason for getting them in the first place. Ad for me , I have no option but to hold and that am doing till I can make some tangible profits in them and I will strongly advise you do the same
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:15:29 PM

I think you at least wait them to return back -%25 of all time high (at december 2017) I also had many altcoins and I am not stuck with all of them waiting for prices to raise after bitcoin in late 2018 (safe guess)

Its safe when you have atleast small amount of profit but if its not better to wait for the market to bounce. Just keep on holding so you will not lose big money, just enjoy this moment to buy more coins.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:26:12 PM

The market is green now, you'd better keep it for the next few days, I'm sure the market will recover in the near future. You do not need to rush into selling, be patient to get a better profit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: