Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:04:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Fake Bounty Reward  (Read 428 times)
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:46:30 PM

Hi guys, last March 23, 2018 I received an email from Altcoin_name@creditstoken.win which his message states that "You are entitled to receive an advance bounty reward from (Altcoin_Name) Coin Bounty Campaing for your participation. Go to the fowling address to redeem your Bounty Reward using redeem code: wwv.myetherwallet.com#redeem-token" When you open their website it will ask to enter your Private Key and wait for 3 hours to received the tokens. So guys beware of any person who will try to ask your Private Key. I had reported this issue to the owner of the Altcoin_name and sadly I was been disqualified in their bounty campaigns...

I will never trust any company or person that ask my private key its like giving away all your funds to your wallet, this is a big no no people should educate himself that private keys are private property, even asking your private key is a big no no it's a sign that its a scam project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:54:09 PM

Isn't it weird that they give away free coins and they even mail you to get that reward  Cheesy I think if you very into such airdrops, bounties etc. Use another computer that you don't do something about your wallets.

coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:12:24 PM

There are so many of this kind of scammer they are sending email to there victim like that and asking your private key even in slack and telegram they are also usualy doing that send you a messege.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                    

Powered by,
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:16:40 PM

Isn't it weird that they give away free coins and they even mail you to get that reward  Cheesy I think if you very into such airdrops, bounties etc. Use another computer that you don't do something about your wallets.

Scammers are doing everything to surely persuaded someone and this kind of thing is very normal to Cryptocurrency space where they will give certain tokens that doesn't any value at all so they can persuade someone in giving them any amount, Or even your private key which is obvious and anyone can really have an idea that certain thing is a scam or a fraud!
ejarales

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:18:09 PM

That is so predictable to be scam. First of all, legit rewards will ask for your address but not for your private key. Never trust ICO or people who are requiring you to enter your private key. Scammers have a lot of way just to deceived people
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:32:16 PM

When you open their website it will ask to enter your Private Key and wait for 3 hours to received the tokens.

One should be an idiot to give somebody his private key - it's like giving your banking card pin or cvv code.
Internet has been widespread for over 15 years already, but they still hope to find some "easy meat" to cheat on.
I wonder where all these scammers get their e-mail lists from?

xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:25:09 PM

Hi guys, last March 23, 2018 I received an email from Altcoin_name@creditstoken.win which his message states that "You are entitled to receive an advance bounty reward from (Altcoin_Name) Coin Bounty Campaing for your participation. Go to the fowling address to redeem your Bounty Reward using redeem code: wwv.myetherwallet.com#redeem-token" When you open their website it will ask to enter your Private Key and wait for 3 hours to received the tokens. So guys beware of any person who will try to ask your Private Key. I had reported this issue to the owner of the Altcoin_name and sadly I was been disqualified in their bounty campaigns...

Thanks for this info
mehmet312

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:32:45 PM

Thanks for info, I received same email and I realized that these are scammers and deleted immediately. There is a lot of scammer at this market, people must be careful about this.
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:16:51 PM

don't just get fooled by some free ..   and just trust only on MEW main site bro.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:33:58 PM

This is a scam, usually the sender makes almost the same as the bounty or ICO that is running at that time. and my advice do not open links linked in the email, if you want to check the truth you only see the official site in the sender's email and manually open it through a new tab. And do not believe a bit if the site is very similar to the wallet site.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
jakfaronputra amin

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:52:27 PM

"Wait for 3 hours to received your tokens" and that has the same mean if we are giving the time for the scammers up to 3 hours to move our balance to the scammer wallet. What a shady method by scammer in these days.
There are so many fake emails right now and be careful with everything.
thanks for all the info,
with a lot of fake gifts I think we should be careful,
I often get emails, but I first learned the contents
if they ask for a private key or offer ico that is too excessive or looks silly,
I prefer to stay away because I do not want to take any significant risks
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 12:27:54 AM

Thanks for this reminder. Luckily you didn’t fall for their trap. I’m sometimes really got easily tempted seeing this too good to be true scam giveaways keep poping on my email. And whats worst is that they are not sometimes filtered as scam by gmail which can be viewed right away in my inbox.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:45:19 AM

Becarefull they probably want to hack you through phising or they want to know your id. Bpunty manager will never email bounty hunter for claiming the payment. It will be done automatically i always do bounty and never give anything through email.

That's true that is why I always ignore email that asks for my private key or sends them funds to a particular wallet, everything has a process for this, these scammers are now innovative always find ways to scam newbies so beware.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:31:36 AM

never ever believe anyone who is asking for your private key, this is a scam, hopefully people now should be able to distinguish legit from fake.
Rowland Okoli

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:35:25 AM

Scammers basically play on ones greed.
If you are not drawn away by your lust and enticed , i doubt if they'd get through to you.

That is how is see it though.

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:52:11 AM

That is so predictable to be scam. First of all, legit rewards will ask for your address but not for your private key. Never trust ICO or people who are requiring you to enter your private key. Scammers have a lot of way just to deceived people
I also have opinion that if a person just keeps his eyes open and uses his brain or question all the demands of an ICO, it is not very difficult to plot a scam. Scams are actually very easy to be spotted out.They ask for credentials that are not even the requirement of the task being performed. Scammers will always try to get their hands on important and private information. Still, people are scammed and the rate is increasing gradually.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:53:25 AM

Only full nubs will eat this kind of scam. This is for ordinary people, who are so far from crypto world. I don't know how is possible to be so silly and enter your private key
Ethreyes

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

www.daxico.com

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

"Wait for 3 hours to received your tokens" and that has the same mean if we are giving the time for the scammers up to 3 hours to move our balance to the scammer wallet. What a shady method by scammer in these days.
There are so many fake emails right now and be careful with everything.
Exactly...  The scammer are everywhere we should be careful especially if we are giving our personal information... Private key should be keep private that's our personal info...  If we did that we can never make our coin secure...  It is just like we are working but we didn't received our salary that's unfair... Everyone should be wise especially now that scammer are getting more...  
But imagine the strategy of that person...  In order to earn thay will gonno do it... Everyone especially the begginer in crypto should be aware of it...
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:53:30 AM

Only full nubs will eat this kind of scam. This is for ordinary people, who are so far from crypto world. I don't know how is possible to be so silly and enter your private key
When you are too good and innocent or a way too greedy, it happens. One more important factor is lack of knowledge. Cyber world is not very easy to deal with. The rate of scamming has increased over the last year and it is not very easy to track them. Cyber criminals have not only knowledge about technology but they understand human thinking deeply. That is why they hit the weak points of human nature.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

Don't believe with anything you receive from email, slack, telegram or other social media unless it's from official.
Do you noticed if it's a phising link? The scammer used "wwv" instead of "www"
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: