Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Round 1 - BOUNTY 10 x .05 BTC to betatest my exchange and provide feedback  (Read 2140 times)
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:35:04 PM

On Market Buy USD:

Code:
You requested to Market Buy 1.0 BTC.

You will accept 13.5 USD per BTC.

The fee to place this order is 0.14 USD

Can NOT complete your order! Error: You can not place a buy order higher than 0.0 USD! Please our instant trade system instead!

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:49:55 PM

On Market Buy USD:

Code:
You requested to Market Buy 1.0 BTC.

You will accept 13.5 USD per BTC.

The fee to place this order is 0.14 USD

Can NOT complete your order! Error: You can not place a buy order higher than 0.0 USD! Please our instant trade system instead!
i already reported that once, its because there is no sells.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
indicasteve (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 09:40:43 PM

Thanks guys...back from my nap.  I'm going to rip this apart and fix it this evening.

The site is down until I fix the form validations and other wonky errors that I have missed.

I should have tested it more myself before asking for your guys help instead of making myself look like a noob making noob mistakes.  But at least your comments are giving me incentive to get to work on it asap.

If I owe any of my testers any btc love, please drop your address on me.  I'll be around a little later.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:45:41 PM

Thanks guys...back from my nap.  I'm going to rip this apart and fix it this evening.

The site is down until I fix the form validations and other wonky errors that I have missed.

I should have tested it more myself before asking for your guys help instead of making myself look like a noob making noob mistakes.  But at least your comments are giving me incentive to get to work on it asap.

If I owe any of my testers any btc love, please drop your address on me.  I'll be around a little later.

you don't owe me anything, im doing it because i like to test things and find flaws.
but a little reward is always appreciated. Smiley

thanks for the 0.15btc Smiley

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
indicasteve (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 05:41:42 PM

Thanks...I fixed those bugs...  I was missing a validation rule on the instant trade form.

But, I want to re-write parts of the site to optimize the app for the way GAE datastore works.

I would not recommend GAE for something like making an exchange due to the difficulties in writing to a distributed database...but since I'm in for a nickle, I might as well be in for a dime.

It's pretty tricky coding to make transactions work consistently on Big Table because it is distributed across many servers globally.  It's very different than working with MySql where you can simply lock a table and do a transaction.  There is no such thing as table locks on Big Table.  And there is no such thing as querys with joins and you must forget everything you have already learned about relational database management.

There is however a concept of 'entity groups' which are automatically locked when you use them in a transaction.  You 'could' put all your users accounts into the same entity group so that when you perform a transaction, all the accounts are locked until the transaction completes and comitted to Big Table. 

That would seem ok, but there is a huge latency writing to Big Table and you can only do 5-10 writes per second to a single entity group.  After that, your DB puts start to fail and return errors. If you don't implement transactions properly, things gets really nasty when only half of the transaction fails.  This approach obviously does not scale well.

There are solutions to this using methods of rolling back transactions that fail and rolling forward transactions that succeed.   So, before I start round 2, I'm going to be optimizing the site to ensure this thing will scale properly to ensure I don't have to lock the entire user database to make each transaction.

I found a decent article that explains the problem and has some sample code that I will be implementing before I open for testing again. http://blog.notdot.net/2009/9/Distributed-Transactions-on-App-Engine

Cheers!

Steve

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
murfshake

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 03:42:41 PM

Please feel free to msg me if you would like me to test the exchange!
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 04:02:04 PM

Please feel free to msg me if you would like me to test the exchange!
or just start to test it, indicasteve gives rewards.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: