Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinproducts4sale.com  (Read 1898 times)
mizike29 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:59:06 PM

Ok this is my first website, I have been listening to everyones suggestions and thoughts from my other posts and on other forums and I think I finally have it close, changed the text, background colors, got rid of most of the colors and highlights, think it is organized well.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.  ANY IDEAS, things I can add.  And anyone who has skills in this area would be awesome for more help.  Was thinking to add a live MTGOX bitcoin exchange price widget if possible, any ideas on what else I could do on the site to get actual bitcoins sold, traded through the site for people with feedback.  And anyone who has knowledge on how to get this thing showing up by KEYWORD SEARCHES, not just by googling the actual website name, which that does work.  This will be my last topic starter on this site, now that I feel it is close to a finished project.  Please any help, concepts, or if you want your website added to mine if you offer services, goods etc, or are an exchange that wants to be added to the list just PM me and I will add it.   GOOO BITCOIN

BITCOINPRODUCTS4SALE.COM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jostmey

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 10:50:21 PM

It is much improved from the earlier version!

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 11:50:45 PM

Thank GOD you said that or I was going to quit and kill myself lol.  Im getting closer I think, and paid a guy 5 bux on fiverr.com to do some PR for the site, backlinks and blogs or something along those lines, 300 posts or something to supposedly get it up on the first page or two on google search for the keyword bitcoin.  If I cant get it to get on google search, theres no reason for me to even keep working on it lol

NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:04:04 AM

An unchanging site (even if its small changes) is a dead site.

mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:01:16 AM

Welll theres definitely been no NOT CHANGING on my site lol.  Ive changed themes, styles colors, links, content so many damn times its not even funny.  Its updated as of today for the most part, some good stories on there, good links, and the site hopefully looks like it should finally.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 02:09:12 AM

Thanks for adding The Bitcoin List to the top of the products page. I was pleasantly surprised to see that!

Still around.
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 12:46:05 PM

Yeah I am definitely trying to have all the confirmed bitcoin busnisses from this forum on there and highlighted since this is where it all began.  Like the physical bitcoin, and squarewarez, anything that I have used or is confirmed as a real site for bitcoins, or service for bitcoins i want to get on there.  The point of this site was to have everything related to bitcoin in one spot, and then it also links to this forum so figured that could cover everything in one website instead of googling around.

edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 06:31:59 PM

You should put a link to your site in your signature. That will definitely help your standing with search engines.

Still around.
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:55:34 PM

OK I think I did that, good tip, should do that for any forum I use I guess.  See if this post shows it.

edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 10:00:42 PM

OK I think I did that, good tip, should do that for any forum I use I guess.  See if this post shows it.

It shows "BITCOINPRODUCTS4SALE.COM" but no link, which isn't any good. Your signature on the backend should read
Code:
[url=http://bitcoinproducts4sale.com/]BITCOINPRODUCTS4SALE.COM[/url]

Still around.
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 03:52:42 AM

AHHH, see if this method works lol

bitprotection

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:12:57 AM

It is getting better! good job!  Grin

Working on protecting the community!
BitVapes

Activity: 140

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 11:31:42 AM

looks great, much improved.
I noticed my website is linked under Products, I appreciate that!

I noticed I couldn't find the text string "Bitcoin products for sale"  on the main page.  My suggestion is you add this, maybe as a h1/h2 header text.  I assume you would like to rank high in search engines for that keyword phrase, since it is in your domain name, but you should also include it in text on the front page so the search engines can rank you for that phrase.

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:17:00 PM

Yeah I would really like it to show up on first page of keyword BITCOIN at least, I just have no editing abilities I dont think by using this Plesk Desktop Sitebuilder software, working on META TAGS, HTML editing see if I can get this on google, that is my biggest obstacle right now I think.  I will add that string on the main home page, that might hep for sure, it does show up on google by typing in the website so that string works, but not keywords.

edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 05:31:29 PM

Yeah I would really like it to show up on first page of keyword BITCOIN at least, I just have no editing abilities I dont think by using this Plesk Desktop Sitebuilder software, working on META TAGS, HTML editing see if I can get this on google, that is my biggest obstacle right now I think.  I will add that string on the main home page, that might hep for sure, it does show up on google by typing in the website so that string works, but not keywords.

Your competing with a lot of other sites for just "Bitcoin," mine included. You need to narrow your focus and work toward that. What question does your site answer? Imagine someone performing a search and ending up at your site and saying, "That is exactly what I was looking for!" What phrase would that person have typed into their search box?

Still around.
mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:53:35 PM

I put bitcoinproducts4sale.com on the actual home page information now, I think that is what you were saying so when google crawls to it, that would help.  I didnt THink I was competing too much because bitcoin is so new, and if you google just bitcoin, which makes me very mad lol, theres links on the first page that are just old and out of date.   So that is what I was trying to accomplish I guess with this website.  Was to provide one place that you can find all the information on what bitcoin is, where to go to buy, trade sell bitcoins, where to go to spend your bitcoins for goods and services, read up on bitcoin daily news, and have a link to this forum which will take care of anything else as this is the best forum around for bitcoin.  I was thinking if I could get everything in one place instead of googling it and going to wiki and going to the exchanges, maybe it would help the bitcoin community and spread the word, make things easier for people.  Would love to have a live MTGOX ticker for current prices on there too.  I figured bitcoin wasnt a huge keyword like something like wieght loss or drugs, or something like that, so I thought it would be a mid competitive keyword?

BitVapes

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:36:41 PM

I put bitcoinproducts4sale.com on the actual home page information now, I think that is what you were saying so when google crawls to it, that would help.  I didnt THink I was competing too much because bitcoin is so new, and if you google just bitcoin, which makes me very mad lol, theres links on the first page that are just old and out of date.   So that is what I was trying to accomplish I guess with this website.  Was to provide one place that you can find all the information on what bitcoin is, where to go to buy, trade sell bitcoins, where to go to spend your bitcoins for goods and services, read up on bitcoin daily news, and have a link to this forum which will take care of anything else as this is the best forum around for bitcoin.  I was thinking if I could get everything in one place instead of googling it and going to wiki and going to the exchanges, maybe it would help the bitcoin community and spread the word, make things easier for people.  Would love to have a live MTGOX ticker for current prices on there too.  I figured bitcoin wasnt a huge keyword like something like wieght loss or drugs, or something like that, so I thought it would be a mid competitive keyword?

The keyword 'bitcoin' it is becoming more and more competitive every day as more merchants take bitcoin and as more news and blog articles mention bitcoin.   It is nothing compared to 'weight loss', sure, but still not easy to rank on page 1.  You'll need to get a lot of backlinks pointed to your site with 'bitcoin' as the anchor text to move your rank higher for that term.

However, 'bitcoin products'  or 'buy products with bitcoin', or 'bitcoin products for sale'  are much less competitive, and I believe with a little effort you could easily rank on page 1 for these phrases.   You mentioned you put 'bitcoinproducts4sale.com'  as text on the page.  That's a good start, but search engines can't really easily split that 1-word domain up into an English phrase someone would actually search for, like "bitcoin products for sale".   Maybe put something like this in your intro :

"Looking for bitcoin products for sale? You have come to the right place!"     or "Want to spend bitcoins?"   or "What can I buy with bitcoins"   etc.

mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:14:09 PM

Ok I added this to the first part of the home page.

Looking for bitcoin products for sale? You have come to the right place!  Do you want to spend bitcoins but dont know what you can buy with bitcoins, well it is all here on this website.  Take a look at the product page, services page and gaming for bitcoins page.  This will lead you to where you can purchase almost any good or service with bitcoins or just have fun betting, playing games with your bitcoins.

I paid a guy 5 bux on FIVERR.COM to supposedly get it high on the google rankings for the keyword bitcoin.  He only allowed one keyword.  Maybe I should get someone else and use the keywords you are describing like bitcoin products for sale?  I thought it only did a keyword not phrases?

Thanks for all your help and input.  Include your wallet address, in your next response and I will send a bitcoin donation for all the help. THanks

BitVapes

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 10:17:39 PM

Ok I added this to the first part of the home page.

Looking for bitcoin products for sale? You have come to the right place!  Do you want to spend bitcoins but dont know what you can buy with bitcoins, well it is all here on this website.  Take a look at the product page, services page and gaming for bitcoins page.  This will lead you to where you can purchase almost any good or service with bitcoins or just have fun betting, playing games with your bitcoins.

I paid a guy 5 bux on FIVERR.COM to supposedly get it high on the google rankings for the keyword bitcoin.  He only allowed one keyword.  Maybe I should get someone else and use the keywords you are describing like bitcoin products for sale?  I thought it only did a keyword not phrases?

Thanks for all your help and input.  Include your wallet address, in your next response and I will send a bitcoin donation for all the help. THanks

Looks great, soon google should re-index your site and rank it for those phrases it now will find on your homepage.  Thanks for the donation offer, but your link to my site is enough for me.  By helping you rank higher, I help myself since my site is linked to from yours.   Smiley 

mizike29 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 10:24:04 PM

I added your site to the top of the product list as well under cool websites from the forum, since I would try to promote sights from people that belong to this forum seperately from the many others out there. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: