Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:50:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Future?  (Read 743 times)
MartynasB (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:15:19 PM

Some of Ethereum holder now are aware of price dump, don't panic guys the future is bright! Roll Eyes

The Ethereum Foundation is working furiously toward scaling solutions (as well as the migration away from PoW to PoS). Plasma, Sharding, Casper, are all priorities for the Foundation and its allies in building out a scaled, decentralized blockchain. If anyone can do it, they can. (Note, scaling has plagued blockchain for almost 10 years, but it plagues every network and organization. The million dollar question is whether Ethereum can become the Web 3.0 it wants to be or merely just a blockchain solution.

The EEA ( Enterprise Ethereum Alliance) continues to add interesting allies, but maybe more importantly for the medium-term, plans to enhance its marketing. A polished marketing campaign could be just what Ethereum needs to gain the kind of mainstream traction that will push it to the top of the heap in terms of price and adoption.

Institutional Investment

Physically settled futures is the first step toward ETFs, which would allow more and more institutions to get on board with the latest commodity asset. And when I say institutional, it’s not just corporations and banks; think sovereign funds and fixed-income providers with trillions at their collective disposal. Even without ETFs or other more traditional investment vehicles, you could imagine an increasing number of hedge funds, family funds, and corporations getting on board and buying cryptocurrencies as part of their portfolio.

Proof of Stake

PoW is getting a bad reputation in mainstream media; it is expensive, environmentally unfriendly (we can all disagree about the degree to which PoW contributes to pollution, but no one would argue that it doesn’t contribute much more than PoS would), and already being pushed out of communities and jurisdictions that don’t want to sell all their power to a handful of crypto mines. PoW also inevitably leads to some degree of centralization based on economics alone. Staking brings with it the promise of a cleaner, just as secure blockchain, as well as dividend-like rewards for stakers. If implemented successfully, PoS could make ETH the most attractive cryptocurrency by itself (let alone the network and platform that it enables).

If Ethereum becomes the go-to blockchain for individual and enterprise solutions (and it is easily the best situated to do that from today’s perspective), the demand and value of ETH will be directly correlated. And, as we know from the last 10 years of the evolution of the internet (eg: social media), networks have a geometric effect on value as they spread. Here are the scenarios:

Get thousands of people using applications on the Ethereum blockchain routinely—price is great.
Get a million people using applications on the Ethereum blockchain routinely—price is huge.
Get a billion+ people using applications on the Ethereum blockchain routinely—price is unimaginable.

Don't panic guys! Ethereum is really great project for me!
hodlcoiner

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:16:03 AM

Great insight.

I like your perspective on Ethereum. This should be helpful for beginners.
ColdZerk

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:21:04 AM

Firstly, they need seriously improve speed of blockchain. Today its speed is very Lamentable.
But in total - ETH will be in TOP still for a long time from now...
btcefeyigit

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:21:21 AM

one of the most important coin of the digital money world eth. The eth front was stable and trusted. but these days investors are worried and worried. I think the future of eth is good and will improve.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:45:33 AM

although the price of ethereum has fallen, but until now I have never doubted it. ethereum is still the second largest asset after bitcoin in my portfolio. has a great team, a great community that will always support it to be one of the best alt in the world of crypto and I still see that potential in ethereum.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:51:32 AM

Ethereum foundation is the most serious one so I’m not scared of ETH low price and I’m buying it to hold for at least 1-2 years.
donacal

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:55:38 AM

Eth will be back soon over 1 k.
There are so many news that vitalik has not announced yet. I think that ether will surpass bitcoin and establish itself as the standard for the whole crypto system
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:15:14 AM

Great insight.

I like your perspective on Ethereum. This should be helpful for beginners.
Will be much better if OP will try to give the link to the ethereum latest whitepaper and in there already explained about the future vision of ethereum.

Firstly, they need seriously improve speed of blockchain. Today its speed is very Lamentable.
But in total - ETH will be in TOP still for a long time from now...
It has been planned in the ethereum whitepaper. If you should learn about the purpose of raiden combined with plasma. To reach the visa scalability and there is a lot of research already implemented in the ethereum blockchain.
ClumsySmile45

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:19:57 AM

Great post OP, bu I wanted to know what was the reason behind the huge dump on ETH, because some people says it was due of the recent move of bitmain and ethereum team allowing to mine ETH with asics?
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:23:03 AM

I really like your perspective about ethereum, can give more knowledge about ethereum for beginners, and I also strongly believe that in the future ethereum will be better even more people will also use ethereum because Ethereum is a public peer-to-peer network or blockchain with its own digital currency...
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:24:23 AM

ETH should still remain the #2 crypto for a long time to come behind bitcoin.

But to exceed bitcoin is something I do not see.

So the ceiling of growth for ETH is pretty much bitcoin's market cap. So in my opinion, even though ETH can be more stable than other alts, and can have short term fluctuations taking the price higher than its average, it's probably not as good as a long term hold compared to other lower ranked alts or even BTC since its price is already pretty high.
usd.dev

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:30:15 AM

The ether has potential, I generally do not understand those people who believe in the dollar but do not believe in a technological coin that can really cost a certain amount of money. It is worth thinking about the fact that soon the current world order will be changed and digital money will be in real life.

sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:33:58 AM

I still holding ETH , i believe the price will going up later because the founder of ETH Vutalik Buterin very jenius and he is always looking for new idea and concept so that ETH will be have more benefits to the community.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
Rinaldi11

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:57:19 AM

The idea behind Bitcoin is to act as a transparent peer-to-peer (P2P) payment system and, on this, it has had varying degrees of success.
But there is a much more exciting project, also based on blockchain technology, known as Ethereum.
While Bitcoin’s only use is as a payment system, Ethereum dwells on building the infrastructure within which smart contracts can be executed.
A smart contract is code built on blockchain that executes when certain conditions are met.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:59:29 AM

Some of Ethereum holder now are aware of price dump, don't panic guys the future is bright! Roll Eyes

The Ethereum Foundation is working furiously toward scaling solutions (as well as the migration away from PoW to PoS). Plasma, Sharding, Casper, are all priorities for the Foundation and its allies in building out a scaled, decentralized blockchain. If anyone can do it, they can. (Note, scaling has plagued blockchain for almost 10 years, but it plagues every network and organization. The million dollar question is whether Ethereum can become the Web 3.0 it wants to be or merely just a blockchain solution.

The EEA ( Enterprise Ethereum Alliance) continues to add interesting allies, but maybe more importantly for the medium-term, plans to enhance its marketing. A polished marketing campaign could be just what Ethereum needs to gain the kind of mainstream traction that will push it to the top of the heap in terms of price and adoption.

Institutional Investment

Physically settled futures is the first step toward ETFs, which would allow more and more institutions to get on board with the latest commodity asset. And when I say institutional, it’s not just corporations and banks; think sovereign funds and fixed-income providers with trillions at their collective disposal. Even without ETFs or other more traditional investment vehicles, you could imagine an increasing number of hedge funds, family funds, and corporations getting on board and buying cryptocurrencies as part of their portfolio.

Proof of Stake

PoW is getting a bad reputation in mainstream media; it is expensive, environmentally unfriendly (we can all disagree about the degree to which PoW contributes to pollution, but no one would argue that it doesn’t contribute much more than PoS would), and already being pushed out of communities and jurisdictions that don’t want to sell all their power to a handful of crypto mines. PoW also inevitably leads to some degree of centralization based on economics alone. Staking brings with it the promise of a cleaner, just as secure blockchain, as well as dividend-like rewards for stakers. If implemented successfully, PoS could make ETH the most attractive cryptocurrency by itself (let alone the network and platform that it enables).

If Ethereum becomes the go-to blockchain for individual and enterprise solutions (and it is easily the best situated to do that from today’s perspective), the demand and value of ETH will be directly correlated. And, as we know from the last 10 years of the evolution of the internet (eg: social media), networks have a geometric effect on value as they spread. Here are the scenarios:

Get thousands of people using applications on the Ethereum blockchain routinely—price is great.
Get a million people using applications on the Ethereum blockchain routinely—price is huge.
Get a billion+ people using applications on the Ethereum blockchain routinely—price is unimaginable.

I don't feel worried about the dumping price of Ethereum right now. I am hopeful and believer tnat Ethereum will go back to its high price. There is no reason to sell my ethereum now, I will just keep on holding it, as you said, the future of ethereum is really bright.

Nichao

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:08:03 AM

As i see, we are getting more and more erc20 tokens - it's easy to create and use. But they all use Etherium power - will it be enough in a year or not, or the gas price will be growing x2x3x5 times?.. i'm afraid that the transaction price will be as in bitcoins - huge
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:13:35 AM

Institutional Investment

Proof of Stake

I like you talked about the scaling problem on ethereum's blockchain with the solutions on it, but you don't explain when the solutions will be applied by the developer of ethereum? In theory i agree with you for the solutions of scaling problem on ethereum's blockchain but in reality switch from proof of work PoW to proof of stake PoS is something big problem for developers of ethereum because there are decentralize application dapps on ethereum's blockchain right now.
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:16:31 AM

Well having the low price right now is a good thing so we can buy more ETH. The thing that worries me is the fact that they won't emergency fork to brick the ASICS that was built by Bitmain  Angry
But overall I love ethereum  Cheesy
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:19:12 AM

Great write up, thanks. We need more such detail specific information to assuage the flailing faith and despondency regarding good coins like eth.
Erik Goff

Activity: 261

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

You copied the content from this site: https://masterthecrypto.com/ethereum-eth-fundamentally-strong/, why don´t you create your own content?
Probably because you are doing signature campaign and you have to post some posts..

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: