Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:16:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where and on what do you spend crypto in your city?  (Read 425 times)
Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:11:30 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 02:43:34 PM by Crumple Cat

Hey guys,

We all know that crypto is now largely an investment asset, but as the development and mass adoption, crypto is also increasingly becoming a way to pay for goods and services directly. Share please your experience of the direct crypto spending, in your city. If you spend, then where and what do you usually buy or order, in particular in physical stores or other establishments? If not, then what would you possibly like?

I'm Dether deep-contributor and your answers can help my research and the subsequent development of this ecosystemly decentralized p2p\b2p exchange. Dether, which supports by Consensys, recently launched the first dapp beta release for Shops http://shop.dether.io (the release for People will be before the end of April). Almost any offline business in any country can easily be listed on Dether map and soon they will be able to receive crypto as payments for their goods and services, as well as to make a crypto-cash exchange, which can become an additional income for the business. Whether it's a local food or tech shop, a cafe, a foodtruck on the beach or even a nightclub. If you would like to spend your crypto in your favorite places in your city, but they don’t yet accept it - just show them Dether dapp Roll Eyes

News by Dether from 04/18
https://medium.com/@DETHER/makerdao-and-dether-partner-to-bring-stablecoin-dai-to-mobile-atms-around-the-world-f74247a3a249
"Dether is joining forces with MakerDAO to bring the value of stable tokens to everyone in the world.
With the DAI on Dether,  shop owners have the possibility to automatically switch from cryptocurrency to a stable coin.
Dether tellers will be able to sell stable tokens directly.
Less volatility = more sustainability."

Ahed.s

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:13:03 AM

Cryptocurrency is not allowed to trade and use it in Jordan , thats why if we want to use the crypto currency we can trade on it or use it through international wallets accounts.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:16:44 AM

Hey guys,

We all know that crypto is now largely an investment asset. But as the development and mass adoption, crypto is also increasingly becoming a way to pay for goods and services directly. Share please your experience of crypto spending directly, in your city. If you spend, then where and what do you usually buy or order, in particular in physical stores or other establishments? If not, then what would you possibly like?

I'm Dether deep-contributor and your answers can help my research and the subsequent development of this ecosystemly decentralized p2p\b2p exchange. Dether, which supports by Consensys, recently launched the first dapp beta release for Business http://shop.dether.io (the release for People will be before the end of April). Almost any offline business in any country can easily be listed on Dether map and soon they will be able to receive crypto as payments for their goods and services, as well as to make a crypto-cash exchange, which can become an additional income for the business. Whether it's a local food or tech shop, a cafe, a foodtruck on the beach or even a nightclub. If you would like to spend your crypto in your favorite places in your city, but they don’t yet accept it - just show them Dether dapp  Smiley

So far the closest place where I can spend my bitcoin is some restourant but it is far from me, in another city so I nver really went there to try it. But as you mentioned this now, I might look when I have free time to get the feeling about spending crypto not only online. Nice idea to have them all in one place on dether hmmm
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:17:32 AM

We all know that crypto is now largely an investment asset. But as the development and mass adoption, crypto is also increasingly becoming a way to pay for goods and services directly. Share please your experience of crypto spending directly, in your city. If you spend, then where and what do you usually buy or order, in particular in physical stores or other establishments? If not, then what would you possibly like?

As of now, in many countries including in my country bitcoins are not accepted to buy anything either online or directly from shops also so if I need some funds then I will convert it into fiat and then use that money to buy things. Still, long way to go to see Bitcoins and other cryptos can use directly to purchase something. Earlier lot of debit cards was there to convert bitcoins to cash from any ATM's but now many of those cards are not working so it is a bit hard to convert to fiat now but still possible.
apolodorin

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:18:53 AM

I can buy crypto in an atm and that's about it.
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:30:28 AM

Cryptocurrency is not allowed to trade and use it in Jordan , thats why if we want to use the crypto currency we can trade on it or use it through international wallets accounts.

Thank you for sharing this. Well, I hope that Jordan will eventually become more loyal to crypto Smiley

ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:34:31 AM

Hey guys,

We all know that crypto is now largely an investment asset, but as the development and mass adoption, crypto is also increasingly becoming a way to pay for goods and services directly. Share please your experience of crypto spending directly, in your city. If you spend, then where and what do you usually buy or order, in particular in physical stores or other establishments? If not, then what would you possibly like?

I'm Dether deep-contributor and your answers can help my research and the subsequent development of this ecosystemly decentralized p2p\b2p exchange. Dether, which supports by Consensys, recently launched the first dapp beta release for Business http://shop.dether.io (the release for People will be before the end of April). Almost any offline business in any country can easily be listed on Dether map and soon they will be able to receive crypto as payments for their goods and services, as well as to make a crypto-cash exchange, which can become an additional income for the business. Whether it's a local food or tech shop, a cafe, a foodtruck on the beach or even a nightclub. If you would like to spend your crypto in your favorite places in your city, but they don’t yet accept it - just show them Dether dapp Roll Eyes

in my city there are not really the places the spend bitcoin. I am still waiting for that to happen, but main problem is the volatility. While companies are suing services like bitpay, it makes really no difference.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:40:59 AM

In my country Bitcoin and others cryptocurrency not regulated yet but here many online stores and cafe accepted cryptocurrency, i has been spend crypto for buy some food in restaurant and and also voucher game in online store. Though not regulate yet, many people here interesting to have crypto as investment and for buy good and service.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:19:03 AM

Hey guys,

I'm Dether deep-contributor and your answers can help my research and the subsequent development of this ecosystemly decentralized p2p\b2p exchange. Dether, which supports by Consensys, recently launched the first dapp beta release for Business http://shop.dether.io (the release for People will be before the end of April). Almost any offline business in any country can easily be listed on Dether map and soon they will be able to receive crypto as payments for their goods and services, as well as to make a crypto-cash exchange, which can become an additional income for the business. Whether it's a local food or tech shop, a cafe, a foodtruck on the beach or even a nightclub. If you would like to spend your crypto in your favorite places in your city, but they don’t yet accept it - just show them Dether dapp  Smiley

So far the closest place where I can spend my bitcoin is some restourant but it is far from me, in another city so I nver really went there to try it. But as you mentioned this now, I might look when I have free time to get the feeling about spending crypto not only online. Nice idea to have them all in one place on dether hmmm

Apparently you are a real crypto enthusiast once decided on such a test. That's cool. Thank you for sharing. It would be interesting to know what country you are talking about and how many km did you have to go to those restaurant? Cheesy And yes, on Dether map you will see everyone around you who accepts or exchanges crypto using cash, but this requires that they appear there.  Now the map has more than 1200 shops around the world Roll Eyes

efey399

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:20:54 AM

The digital money world is very excited and people are constantly curious. I spent a lot of time in general. The total amount of money I spent in this market was about 4 months.
Nichao

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:22:39 AM

There are many cryptoenthusiasts, or miners, so just need to ask people how they wanna get payed. If the discont is 10+% from exchange, then it is possible. Not often, but still
keltics

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:26:37 AM

In my city, I can not spend anywhere on crypto currency. Basically, I use it in calculations with the same owners of crypto currency.
Barabulya

Activity: 450
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:29:30 AM

In my opinion, cases of direct exchange of crypto currency for goods and services are very rare. And in order to spend crypto it is necessary to exchange it for fiat money.

ar72

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:29:38 AM

Using cryptocurrency is forbidden in my country. So, where or on what I spend, I don't know because I don't use for transaction or buying something.
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

In my country the government still has not legalized the bitcoin so I spent my crypto by exchanging the coin first with the currency in my country then I can spend the good crypto to buy the economy needs, pay all the bills both electricity and water, pay the bank deposit and so forth...
Rostock

Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:36:40 AM

Personally, I do not spend coins now, only hoarding. And unfortunately there is no possibility yet in my city to use cryptocurrency to pay for anything.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:37:26 AM

Well I'm not really spending it on anything in my city, since currently, I'm just holding it for the long term.

Rather not cash out any time soon
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:13:56 PM

As of now, in many countries including in my country bitcoins are not accepted to buy anything either online or directly from shops also so if I need some funds then I will convert it into fiat and then use that money to buy things. Still, long way to go to see Bitcoins and other cryptos can use directly to purchase something. Earlier lot of debit cards was there to convert bitcoins to cash from any ATM's but now many of those cards are not working so it is a bit hard to convert to fiat now but still possible.

Thank you for your feedback! Well, it seems to me in such conditions it's time for decentralized p2p exchanges and this is what, for example, Dether is including, allowing to buy and sell crypto using cash through a friendly mobile interface with a rating system of sellers, which minimizes security risks Smiley

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:03:45 PM

Hey guys,

We all know that crypto is now largely an investment asset, but as the development and mass adoption, crypto is also increasingly becoming a way to pay for goods and services directly. Share please your experience of crypto spending directly, in your city. If you spend, then where and what do you usually buy or order, in particular in physical stores or other establishments? If not, then what would you possibly like?

I'm Dether deep-contributor and your answers can help my research and the subsequent development of this ecosystemly decentralized p2p\b2p exchange. Dether, which supports by Consensys, recently launched the first dapp beta release for Business http://shop.dether.io (the release for People will be before the end of April). Almost any offline business in any country can easily be listed on Dether map and soon they will be able to receive crypto as payments for their goods and services, as well as to make a crypto-cash exchange, which can become an additional income for the business. Whether it's a local food or tech shop, a cafe, a foodtruck on the beach or even a nightclub. If you would like to spend your crypto in your favorite places in your city, but they don’t yet accept it - just show them Dether dapp Roll Eyes

in my city there are not really the places the spend bitcoin. I am still waiting for that to happen, but main problem is the volatility. While companies are suing services like bitpay, it makes really no difference.

It's bound to happen, you can even speed it up Wink

frroody

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:05:33 PM

in our city there are no spheres that accept the crypt. But in neighboring cities you can cut your beard for bitcoin =)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: