Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where and on what do you spend crypto in your city?  (Read 422 times)
Neutrality

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:08:35 PM

There is just a single cafe that accepts crypto in my hometown. Hope, there will be way more some day.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 03:27:43 PM

Hey guys,

We all know that crypto is now largely an investment asset, but as the development and mass adoption, crypto is also increasingly becoming a way to pay for goods and services directly. Share please your experience of the direct crypto spending, in your city. If you spend, then where and what do you usually buy or order, in particular in physical stores or other establishments? If not, then what would you possibly like?

I'm Dether deep-contributor and your answers can help my research and the subsequent development of this ecosystemly decentralized p2p\b2p exchange. Dether, which supports by Consensys, recently launched the first dapp beta release for Shops http://shop.dether.io (the release for People will be before the end of April). Almost any offline business in any country can easily be listed on Dether map and soon they will be able to receive crypto as payments for their goods and services, as well as to make a crypto-cash exchange, which can become an additional income for the business. Whether it's a local food or tech shop, a cafe, a foodtruck on the beach or even a nightclub. If you would like to spend your crypto in your favorite places in your city, but they don’t yet accept it - just show them Dether dapp Roll Eyes

p.s. Please guys, if you can, tell at least the country you are talking about, then my research will be more effective Smiley
Here in my country, I can do like paying goods, bills and buying prepaid loads with Bitcoin but just recently, Ethereum as mode of payment was already added and that a pretty good and convenient way of doing a lot of transactions anywhere in the world without hassle. I was really happy since my country is one of those that supports cryptocurrency. There is no restrictions though we need to follow the rules and regulations implemented by the government to use the said services. Japan is one of the best country that fully supports cryptocurrency since Bitcoin is widely used in there most especially in some department stores or any stablishments that accepts Bitcoin as mode of payment.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

Nothing for now in my city as technology isn't yet far that advanced in my city, least for my country. When using cryptos is more of like a gateway to getting the fiat cash on profits. Cryptos aren't yet considered like a money or profit because of the price that varies as time goes. If talking about how indirectly I spent my cryptos in my city, I spend them like how I usually spend my money in my daily expenses. Transportations, foods, and all sorts of basics expenses in our lives. I was hoping that cryptos would soon be recognized as a money so I wouldn't be so hassle in getting my investment out of my wallet.
Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:06:49 PM

In my city, I have not met places where you can pay with cryptocurrency. But I heard that there was some bar where the opportunity is.
Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:43:44 AM

In my country Bitcoin and others cryptocurrency not regulated yet but here many online stores and cafe accepted cryptocurrency, i has been spend crypto for buy some food in restaurant and and also voucher game in online store. Though not regulate yet, many people here interesting to have crypto as investment and for buy good and service.

Hey, thanks for sharing your case. Could you also share how exactly did you pay for your order in the restaurant?

ady_crypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:47:45 AM

Hi where i live there is  no big hype on crypto, only the young people use it so there is no place to spend the crypto like a shop or restaurant . But we change it to fiat and spend it Wink
AzamNurWahid

Activity: 658
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:59:13 AM

at the beginning of 2017 in my country many stores and hotels receive payments using bitcoin but by the end of 2017 governments in my country banned bitcoin as a legitimate means of payment so many shops and hotels using bitcoin payouts are closed.now there is no place to receive bitcoin for fear of government

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:22:48 PM

In my opinion, cases of direct exchange of crypto currency for goods and services are very rare. And in order to spend crypto it is necessary to exchange it for fiat money.

But considering the development of the market as a whole, this will definitely happen more often Wink

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:08:46 PM

Personally, I do not spend coins now, only hoarding. And unfortunately there is no possibility yet in my city to use cryptocurrency to pay for anything.

Hey, you can try to involve some business in your city to take crypto first Grin and if using Dether dapp the business can also become a point of exchange, which can bring in additional income.

ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

I am from India and there is no single store in my state which accepts the bitcoin. There is no way I can spend money in the form of BTC in my region. Unfortunately the current situation of the India will create fearsome behaviour everywhere as the RBI makes statement of banning the BTC in first place. Thus whatever chance was there to implement this new system has got stolen itself! Now we can just trade it with the fiat currency and then make use of it. This trade also happens in between friends and family so there is no any good news from Indian side mate. All the best to your research anyway.
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:30:28 AM

I am from India and there is no single store in my state which accepts the bitcoin. There is no way I can spend money in the form of BTC in my region. Unfortunately the current situation of the India will create fearsome behaviour everywhere as the RBI makes statement of banning the BTC in first place. Thus whatever chance was there to implement this new system has got stolen itself! Now we can just trade it with the fiat currency and then make use of it. This trade also happens in between friends and family so there is no any good news from Indian side mate. All the best to your research anyway.

Hey. Thank you for sharing this detailed info from India, it will be useful for my work. I heard that many even signed a petition against the prohibition of crypto. Well, I hope the situation will stabilize. Perhaps banks will block the possibility of buying, but this will most likely lead to the active use and development of decentralized p2p exchanges, such as Dether. Well, hold the position Wink

vitkamenev

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:49:57 AM

I don't have one in town yet. But in the country we have several shops and restaurants. They accept payment in cryptocurrency.
 Think in this year to visit their Smiley
Candice

Activity: 285
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:02:09 AM

In my city there are also no shops that directly consume a coin. So I still need to trade it. But it also shows that the digital world has enormous potential.
Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:34:01 AM

Hey guys,

We all know that crypto is now largely an investment asset, but as the development and mass adoption, crypto is also increasingly becoming a way to pay for goods and services directly. Share please your experience of the direct crypto spending, in your city. If you spend, then where and what do you usually buy or order, in particular in physical stores or other establishments? If not, then what would you possibly like?

I'm Dether deep-contributor and your answers can help my research and the subsequent development of this ecosystemly decentralized p2p\b2p exchange. Dether, which supports by Consensys, recently launched the first dapp beta release for Shops http://shop.dether.io (the release for People will be before the end of April). Almost any offline business in any country can easily be listed on Dether map and soon they will be able to receive crypto as payments for their goods and services, as well as to make a crypto-cash exchange, which can become an additional income for the business. Whether it's a local food or tech shop, a cafe, a foodtruck on the beach or even a nightclub. If you would like to spend your crypto in your favorite places in your city, but they don’t yet accept it - just show them Dether dapp Roll Eyes

p.s. Please guys, if you can, tell at least the country you are talking about, then my research will be more effective Smiley

Australia, actually used btc as payment for a $50 dinner the other night. Wanted to try it- fee was $1. I thought I might as well use it for something. The owner only had three people use it in the past so it was pretty novel. I'm waiting for companies such as Darico.io to develop debit cards to use instead. Times are changing

tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:19:05 AM

I've not used crypto to buy anything. It's purely for investment purposes at the moment however if a convenient travel wallet and enough places were to start taking it i could see it as a great travel payment option while overseas.

Go Green!
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:39:33 PM

Yesterday's news by Dether:
https://medium.com/@DETHER/makerdao-and-dether-partner-to-bring-stablecoin-dai-to-mobile-atms-around-the-world-f74247a3a249

"Dether is joining forces with MakerDAO to bring the value of stable tokens to everyone in the world.
With the DAI on Dether,  shop owners have the possibility to automatically switch from cryptocurrency to a stable coin.
Dether tellers will be able to sell stable tokens directly.
Less volatility = more sustainability"

JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:46:00 PM

Hey guys,

News by Dether from 04/18
https://medium.com/@DETHER/makerdao-and-dether-partner-to-bring-stablecoin-dai-to-mobile-atms-around-the-world-f74247a3a249

"Dether is joining forces with MakerDAO to bring the value of stable tokens to everyone in the world.
With the DAI on Dether,  shop owners have the possibility to automatically switch from cryptocurrency to a stable coin.
Dether tellers will be able to sell stable tokens directly.
Less volatility = more sustainability."

In the Philippines, some of the stores and restaurant accept bitcoin as payment and not other crypto. Drivers of Grab are accepting some coins, usually LITECOIN, they accept that payment instead of cash. I'm an employee of Grab and I know the system do not accept crypto as payment but we are not implementing to drivers to accept crypto, it's their choice to do that.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:06:54 PM

I don't have one in town yet. But in the country we have several shops and restaurants. They accept payment in cryptocurrency.
 Think in this year to visit their Smiley

Don't forget to show them Dether dapp, maybe it will be more profitable and convenient for them and for you as a customer too Wink

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:09:07 PM

Hey guys,

Australia, actually used btc as payment for a $50 dinner the other night. Wanted to try it- fee was $1. I thought I might as well use it for something. The owner only had three people use it in the past so it was pretty novel. I'm waiting for companies such as Darico.io to develop debit cards to use instead. Times are changing

Thank you for sharing your Australian experience. Times have really changed Wink

Hifemih

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:14:03 PM

It's not yet regulated in my country
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: