Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your worst cryptocurrency investment mistake?  (Read 488 times)
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:09:25 PM

For me the worst mistake till date is keeping my 5 BTC on a shitty exchange. They scammed the coins and are can't be tracked. From that day onward I only trade on big and reputed exchanges and avoid exchanges with low volumes. I keep the majority of my holdings on a paper wallet. Also, I try to diversify my holdings on different wallets so that if anyone gets hacked, I don't lose everything.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:11:43 PM

In the past year I bought Bitcoin, when the price was 15k and I thought that the price would rise again when the price reached 20k, and I didn't sell. So, in the first months of 2018 the price started to come down and I predicted the price would rise again, and i didn't sell. And I have lost 10k from that, and this is a great lesson for me.

Unless you have sold it you haven't lost anything.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:25:00 PM

My greatest mistakes that has make me loose money this year is investing in lisk at a very wrong time. If I said I am happy about buying lisk at $28 this January and it price is currently at $9 I am lying. I just believe that most of us make this mistake of investing into cryptocurrencies at a very wrong time this year and this has created panic and stress among the investors.
cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:51:32 PM

There was this altcoin that I really like. I considered it my second precious altcoin that will make my hard work on its campaign worth it. One day, I thought that it reached it's hype that I'm very eager to sell it already. After a month, it's price reached more than 20x higher  of the price when I sold it. I feel so devastated, that's it. After the fluctuations during Q1 it's price fall down to 2x of the price when I sold it. Lesson learnt on that part... Don't be always in a rush and always think thrice.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
acmrl

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:56:39 PM

It is waves for me, I bought it and I didnt profit any in 4-5 months and sold it, it is not rising and not dropping, very stable coin but I dont like it, I didnt see rises of it.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:57:40 PM

My worst mistake was buying OTHO tokens while they were giving away for airdrop. I've bought it,received airdrop as a tokenholder,but didn't fix profit. Afterwards they announced Kukoin listing, everyone was expecting increase, but finally they scamed everybody! They sold huge volume on Etherdelta and abandoned telegram group and forum
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:59:23 PM

My biggest mistake was to make my major investments when market was at peak. i had hoped that market would go even stronger from here onwards but it fell directly on its face and my investments are 50% down. This is one major reason why I gave up investing in altcoins because I had invested majorly in them only and now I am trying to recover my money from every way possible.
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:10:16 PM

My biggest mistake was ICO Stox (advertised Floyd Mayweather) and Kin. It was possible and to earn on them, if I sold it in time, but it happened as usual.

seymenyunus16

Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:06:18 PM

My worst mistake and nightmare was buying Tron  at around 1400 sats. After that time it kept constantly going down till 380 sats. When the market started going up I sold that damn trx on good price because i was bought some trx on deep. But i hate that now.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:06:36 PM

My worst investment is a coin called Dadi, I was expecting fast growth of it's price, but...the things gone not so well.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
langdong

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:13:54 PM

My worst investment is a coin called Dadi, I was expecting fast growth of it's price, but...the things gone not so well.

Maybe they should have copied more of SONM's white paper.

I guess my biggest mistake was to buy DNT and OAX one day before being listed on Binance, I think. Went down from there in a free fall. I then just tried to hold but nothing moved there. Was more or less new to crypto and had no idea what could happen. But well, wasn't so bad after all.
Eventually sold in a loss to avoid opportunity costs. But I actually still like DNT. Maybe will have a look at it.
JackdunR

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:24:45 PM

The worst mistake I've ever come across is when the BTC price drops I fear and do not decide to buy them in mid-2017. But then by the end of 2017 BTC prices have risen to $ 20000. I really regret it. If I buy them, maybe by the end of 2017 I will sell and I will be rich.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:22:11 PM

Well, of course I made many wrong choices in the field of  investment which led me   to financial losses. But thanks to these failed experiences, I learned how to behave well in difficult situations and I have become earn an acceptable amount of money. In fact, it is unfortunate than many people do not deal with the truth or the situation well and blame themselves for all  errors that have taken and  they continue these mistakes because they did not learn from those experiences.

In addition to that, any loss can be compensated by a large profit, just when you make some mistakes, then you must change some things like, strategy, plan, vision..., and when this is achieved in reality, your situation will improve and become better than before. and believe me, It is very necessary to accept the biggest mistake that you have taken.
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:32:31 PM

Hello guys I will like us to share our comment on your worst crypto-currency investment ever made for some people it might be investing in lending coins which was rampant last year but crash heavily in the beginning of this year and for some it's possibly losing their hard drive which they backup their bitcoin wallet. So what's your own worst crypto-currency investment ever made ?? Wink
maybe BNB. I bought recently at price 12.9-13.0. I thought it would go up to 14 again. But the day of yesterday it became to red, even another altcoins are green.. and when the altcoins are red, BNB seems even more reddish. Heartbroken.
bojokusugih

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:49:39 PM

Sell ​​my altcoins for a bargain price, somehow I find it very difficult to hold my altcoins in my wallet.
Though I have a good future plan for my altcoins in the future.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:55:15 PM

My greatest mistakes that has make me loose money this year is investing in lisk at a very wrong time. If I said I am happy about buying lisk at $28 this January and it price is currently at $9 I am lying. I just believe that most of us make this mistake of investing into cryptocurrencies at a very wrong time this year and this has created panic and stress among the investors.
Thats almost 70% down and you do still hold ans same in my situation too on where i bought SNOV when it was on peak yet ive believe that it would go further rise even more but it was already its ATH and now im still holding my coins. bought at $0.4 and now the current price is on $0.03 which it did really make a big loss into my overall folio. For now im still holding yet i do still believe on the project.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:01:49 PM

Thats almost 70% down and you do still hold ans same in my situation too on where i bought SNOV when it was on peak yet ive believe that it would go further rise even more but it was already its ATH and now im still holding my coins. bought at $0.4 and now the current price is on $0.03 which it did really make a big loss into my overall folio. For now im still holding yet i do still believe on the project.
It seems to me that this is a huge gap between the price of investment and the price for today. And this is not in your favor. Can I think about minimizing the loss?
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:17:27 PM

My worst (and most consistent) mistake is not to sell low cap coins when they're on the peak. As a result I always have bags of them left, LOL. Not complaining though as they're all pure potential profit.

doge_shit666

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:26:34 PM

I had a huge mistake at the time I started to enter the cryptocurrency market, I lost 80% of my money on DGB, at that time DGB was worth nearly 3000 sts. But then the market went down a lot and I constantly bought more at lower prices but in the end I had to sell a lot. But after that I have drawn so many experiences and successes that just came to you after many times stumbling.
Crypto Sway

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:30:41 PM

BitConnect go to jail for life!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: