Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:14:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would make you trust an ICO?  (Read 931 times)
Maxdata (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:50:59 PM

Hi all,
I am part of the Maxdata.io team.
As part of an ICO marketing team - you always strive to show your ICO in the most transparent and candid way possible.
So I decided to ask you the community - What would make you trust an ICO?

All answers will be highly appreciated!

Thanks
GL:HF

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morjana17

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:57:18 PM

For me it is easy to trust if you can see a good result as well as a good feedback. When I first knew ICO all I know is one way of being progressive that can lead to become successful. Their are different ICO to join through out the way. It is up to you how are you going to find way to join and extravert yourself to the highest rank to be better too.

╭═══════════════════   A L F A ─ E N Z O   ═══════════════════╮
│   \▼/"Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem\▼/  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
Rambukwelle

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 12:58:01 PM

Well the First thing I personally watch for is Ratings of the ICO in various ICO Rating sites. Then linked in accounts of the Team. Another very important factors how the Team is handling the community , how they answer the questions and etc.

✦ ORET ✦
❝ Gold Mining & Blockchain Technology ❞
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:59:04 PM

nothing. i do not think it's a valid business strategy and never will be. it's just an attempt to milk the clueless. if the idea is that good then go get professional investment from a venture capitalist.

if i was forced at gunpoint to 'invest' in one then i'd only do it if they had established and signed up business relationships in place and a cast iron plan.
Maxdata (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:11:10 PM

Thanks for your honest response!
I get what you are saying. I do.
I can tell you that we have no intention to "Milk the clueless" - In - fact it`s in our best interest to make our "knowledgeable". I can also reveal that all of our team members are experienced entrepreneurs that don`t invest time in this project for the sake of money alone.

Regarding your remark about the "venture capitalist". Well, attempting an ICO costs a LOT of money, (legal fees, regulatory chores, etc) so

we are already backed by private venture capitalists who thought this is a valid and worthy business model and project(with a cast iron plan). 

By the way, With today`s regulatory and compliance demands, it`s very very hard to "fool" people into investing with you and getting away with this. certainly not with our faces and real names appearing all over the website Smiley)

btcvinci

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:12:22 PM

Market research for that ico thoughroughly
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:15:46 PM

By the way, With today`s regulatory and compliance demands, it`s very very hard to "fool" people into investing with you and getting away with this. certainly not with our faces and real names appearing all over the website Smiley)

i'm not saying you're out to con people. it's more about their fundamental nature which is nothing more than a gamble.

they're not shares in a revenue generating company. your only hope as a token buyer is that other people will believe they can buy them off you and sell them to someone else for more money.

that's it. that's the full extent of the proposition. that doesn't feel like a sustainable model to me.
Stimah24

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:26:06 PM

Before I could trust an ICO, there must be a regulatory authority that governs the affairs of all ICO, which means every ICO must have registered and pass through the thoroughly screening from the authority, by then I'll trust ICO.
Trollinator

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:28:13 PM

I always look to the VC capital that is involved as a sign that I can trust it. I assume that big VC have better tools to do due diligence than I could ever have.
kivuti Elias

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:37:17 PM

An ICO would only be trusted if its ratings at various ICO rating sites is pleasing. The team involved would also play a role in creating trust of the ICO. lastly, another thing that would make me trust an ICO is the manner in which the team is handling the community involved by way of answering and addressing the various questions and queries
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:44:39 PM

There are a few factors who are important, it is not about 1 thing who make an ICO trusty. I look at the website, team and investors after reading a quick summary of the ICO. If it is interesting then I look at the whitepaper and reviews about the ICO.

chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:46:33 PM

I look for the working product. Usually, in websites like icobench, their working product is given rates by professional critics. A rate of 4 is high enough for me and that is one thing that investors should look into. Another is the team, you might want to check the team's former projects. That may indicate how good they are in carrying projects.

loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:46:43 PM

I won't trust it finally anyway, it's always a chance they're going to scam you. ICO is a very unreliable thing and even the most trustworthy one can turn into a scam
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:51:30 PM

the first and main reason is that I already prove it for yourself. because if it does not try then would not know can believe or not. In addition, ICO is a means by which most flattering to develop and introduce new technologies and developments for the future, and this very need to be supported because it has great benefits.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:51:40 PM

I really think research is the most important thing in picking up an ICO but this technique is not 100% accurate in spotting if the ICO will become successful, Because there are certain ICO that will not reach their hardcap and will fail with their project, Well I really think just pick up what ICO is best for you and you can surely check the ratings of a certain ICO on https://icobench.com so you will have an idea about what is the best ICO that will be qualify in making a success.
Dinct

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:55:23 PM

It's the uniqueness of the idea first. Then the team and the team again. There are many scammers these days. To trust an ICO, i have to trust the team. I should see their technical and marketing team with linkedin profiles.
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:58:40 PM

Put a realistic vision on what you would really like to offer to us, like it is a product (actually it really is supposed to look like a product). Not all those catchy phrases and all sorts of stuff trying to bait us to invest into the project like "This is the future", "this is the #1", "this is *insert exaggerated words*. Although success of the project is what really matters, it is still on how can you get people to get a ride in your project while keeping them entertained on how your project will affect the blockchain technology truthfully because people or investors will really expect a lot from your project and hoping you don't disappoint them.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:21:46 PM

it is very difficult to attract current investor interest, investor confidence is almost lost due to its many ico scam going on in recent times. maybe you can make partnership with big company and look for advisor to ico you.
spagettiboy69

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:24:53 PM

Transparency absolutely. Well defined with a trustworthy seeming team and steady updates and pr. I think the more open the avenues of communication, the more trust I feel like I'm building with them.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:27:18 PM

People are looking for strong community and solid , be different with other community.
Let's take a look on Doge team, who can expect this joke project able survive until now , it's over 4 year already++ and the demand still high.

Time will tell which ICO are better !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: