Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:27:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlockMedx: Stop the opioid crisis - save lives.  (Read 558 times)
lexixon (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:13:45 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 04:45:44 PM by lexixon

Join us on Telegram | Website | White Paper

https://i.imgur.com/qYbQtRh.png

BlockMedx

“Our Mission at BlockMedx is to turn the tide of the opioid crisis with a secure e-prescribing platform for doctors to prescribe, pharmacists to fill, and patients to manage prescriptions - Join us today!”

Highlights

Fully functioning MVP will be released in May 2018
- - -
Currently part of the global startup accelerator "MassChallenge"
- - -
Exciting partnership with a top 30 blockchain business to be announced in Q2 2018

Check our website: https://blockmedx.com
For those who want to get started quickly: https://blockmedx.com/video
For interested blockchainers & participants: https://blockmedx.com/whitepaper

tl;dr:

What we do ?
We are building a secure blockchain based e-prescribing application for doctors to prescribe, pharmacists to fill, and patients to manage their prescriptions. Healthcare providers will be able to view a comprehensive list of prescriptions for their patients, and patients will be able to track and manage their prescriptions in real-time.  Predictive analytics will offer insights in order to catch patients early in their addiction journey, with the goal of preventing issues before they happen.  The MDX token economy will enable a new level of patient engagement incentives to be implemented to incentivize healthy behavior, improve outcomes, and save lives.

Why is it important ?
The current prescription system has many security holes that contribute to prescription forgeries, duplications, and alterations.  Prescription data is silo’ed and inaccessible to parties outside of particular healthcare systems or clinics in many cases as well.  BlockMedx intends to build a system where healthcare provider identities will be secure, prescriptions will be tracked and managed in real time, and patients will be able to manage their prescription records and access like never before.

What makes us unique ?
Our team is lead by healthcare providers that have personally experienced the many flaws of the current prescription system.  We know the pain points experienced by providers and what needs to be done to fix them.  

Current state / Timeline ?
The team has worked for more than a year on the idea and concept of BlockMedx. We're currently pursuing partnerships that will be crucial for a successful market entry and will announce some exciting news on this soon. On the product side, there is already a clickable prototype available and the BlockMedx MVP is scheduled to be released by the end of April/May 2018.

Who are we ?
Michael J Brunner, PharmD
Founder & CEO

Alexander Antoniou, MD MBA
Chief Medical Officer & Director of Strategy

Matthew Mitchell
Senior Blockchain Engineer

Danny Holland
Full-stack & blockchain developer

Leila Kassiri
Software Engineer

Jim Kyung-Soo Liew, Ph.D
Advisor - ML/AI Expert

Dave Hoover
Adviser - Blockchain

Strategic Partners:
MassChallenge - Crypto Valley - Chamber of Digital Commerce - What.digital

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:15:26 PM

Reserved.
gbest

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:52:34 PM

nice project, looking forward to some news.
vatalay

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:29:07 PM

I think that you are missing as a project, I am confident that you will come to a more exciting situation for the future than the research I have done, but it takes a little time.
himanshu93

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:57:49 AM

guys to be able to carry out such a large scale project is difficult and can you tell me why do you need blockchain for this when it can be implemented without the blockchain?
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:36:03 AM

I think that you are missing as a project, I am confident that you will come to a more exciting situation for the future than the research I have done, but it takes a little time.

Thanks for your input Vatalay. What exactly could you imagine for the future? What do you think the project is missing in the current setup?
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:44:26 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 10:04:50 AM by lexixon

guys to be able to carry out such a large scale project is difficult and can you tell me why do you need blockchain for this when it can be implemented without the blockchain?

You are totally right, it is difficult indeed - but we have a very solid setup with both financial and industry support. We're also in touch with authorities that play a big role in that market. For your question on why to use Blockchain, I could quickly summarize it as follows:

• It allows for micropayments needed in our patient incentive programs, rewards, and discount programs, connecting the parties (e.g. insurance company and patient) in real-time and based on predefined rules written in smart contracts (imagine certain statements from insurance policies to be fixed there)
  • The MDX token acts as internal application unit of account to interact with the smart contracts

To give you another example: Patient with diabetes may be paid in real-time for each glucose lab result within normal range. In long-term, IOT devices that record patient blood pressure, blood sugar, and others will be integrated into the patient app.

Also the general benefits like immutability and transparency play a big role these markets. Without blockchain it is much more costy to have the secure setup needed. Last but not least, the tokens / tokenomics allow for an interesting setup to attract strategic partners and customers in the market in the early stage (by selling or airdropping tokens) cause they may benefit from exponential use at a later stage if the common vision can be implemented.

Do you like that explanation?
gobisirom

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:53:46 AM

You are totally right, it is difficult indeed - but we have a very solid setup with both financial and industry support. We're also in touch with authorities that play a big role in that market. For your question on why to use Blockchain, I could quickly summarize it as follows:

• It allows for micropayments needed in our patient incentive programs, rewards, and discount programs, connecting the parties (e.g. insurance company and patient) in real-time and based on predefined rules written in smart contracts (imagine certain statements from insurance policies to be fixed there)
  • The MDX token acts as internal application unit of account to interact with the smart contracts

To give you another example: Patient with diabetes may be paid in real-time for each glucose lab result within normal range. In long-term, IOT devices that record patient blood pressure, blood sugar, and others will be integrated into the patient app.

Also the general benefits like immutability and transparency play a big role as this is a requirement in today's markets. Without blockchain it is much more costy to have the secure setup needed. Last but not least, the tokens / tokenomics allow for an interesting setup to attract strategic partners and customers in the market in the early stage cause they may benefit from exponential use at a later stage.

yes, i like that. this is very good information and i like it with your project. I hope your project can be a great success
gbest

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:38:29 PM

Hello guys, i have a question Huh

Who will use MDX tokens and for what?
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:48:24 PM

Hello guys, i have a question Huh

Who will use MDX tokens and for what?

Thanks for that question gbest! So MDX tokens will mainly be used by doctors in order to send prescriptions to pharmacies paying a small fee doing so. Patients are free to choose if they also want to use MDX tokens to pay for medical services and prescriptions but they don't need to. What's unique about the MDX token and its use: Patients may also be automatically rewarded with MDX by their insurance company for healthy lifestyle habits and medication adherence that can be managed and therefore controlled by the BlockMedx app.
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

Also the general benefits like immutability and transparency play a big role as this is a requirement in today's markets. Without blockchain it is much more costy to have the secure setup needed. Last but not least, the tokens / tokenomics allow for an interesting setup to attract strategic partners and customers in the market in the early stage cause they may benefit from exponential use at a later stage.

yes, i like that. this is very good information and i like it with your project. I hope your project can be a great success

While we can't publicly announce the names yet, we will be launching on a blockchain different to Ethereum that will not only provide the function of smart contracts but will provide additional and more exciting "utilities" that can be integrated with the BlockMedx use case and application. Therefore we also see the technology and innovation power of the underlying blockchain to be a valid reason to jump on that (technology) train. The latter is something also our team is very excited about and we're looking forward to the public announcement which hopefully will lead to more in-depth discussion on how to bring the best possible value to the end customers also in reference to that particular underlying blockchain we're using.
gbest

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:53:32 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 12:29:13 PM by gbest

When will MDX tokens be available for sale? Do you have exact dates?
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:45:35 PM

When will MDX tokens be available for sale? Do you have exact dates?

We'll announce those dates and everything related to the token sale soon. For now, we can just tell that Private and Presale will start in Q2 and Public Sale will start in Q3 2018. Join Telegram (https://t.me/BlockMedx) or subscribe to our newsletter (https://blockmedx.com) to stay notified.
Stephanie14

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:33:12 PM

Grin What makes MDX tokens different from other cryptocurrencies such as for example Bitcoin?
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:32:35 AM

Grin What makes MDX tokens different from other cryptocurrencies such as for example Bitcoin?

Could you clarify that question? Not sure I got it right... The purpose of Bitcoin is the storage and transfer of value in general. BlockMedx is a token designed specifically for its own ecosystem and use with the BlockMedx platform/application. It's the fuel needed to efficiently handle the different processes and services within that system. Looking at the value proposition, the safe entry and transfer of prescriptions is the key element.
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:33:39 AM

@all

Any kind of comments, feedback or new suggestions are very welcomed - happy to answer and discuss!
gbest

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:32:52 PM

Hello guys.

Another question.

Are MDX tokens using the Ethereum Blockchain?
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:11:16 PM

Hello guys.

Another question.

https://blockmedx.com/static/files/whitepaper.pdf

This is ERC20 token and being created on the top of the Ethereum blockchain for details you can read the whitepaper and link is given above.
lexixon (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:04:13 PM

Hello guys.

Another question.

https://blockmedx.com/static/files/whitepaper.pdf

This is ERC20 token and being created on the top of the Ethereum blockchain for details you can read the whitepaper and link is given above.

That's been our plan for a long time (and there is good reason why to launch an ERC20 token). Still we've kept investigating in various platforms for quite a while and will have an announcement on that topic soon - stay tuned! Wink
gbest

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:20:37 AM

How will MDX tokens contribute to reducing the opioid abuse problem?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: