Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:40:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can facebook change the way you vote ?.  (Read 1509 times)
HarvyDent

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:34:33 PM

I definitely think that Facebook plays a big role in the world today. Everything that we see influences us in some way. Since so many people spend so much time on Facebook, a lot of what we see comes to us through Facebook. This gives Facebook a lot of power to influence through it's platform. If Facebook decides to promote positive posts about a certain political leader and only allow negative posts about an opponent, then I'm sure that will have a lasting effect. People can write just about anything they want on Facebook, but Facebook is the one choose to to actually show in our feeds.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
korkyqq

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 04:32:20 PM

Channel 4 news saying facebook is a danger to democracy ..Is it?

I believe our normal TV media stations are more of a danger to democracy than facebook..
They spread PROPAGANDA    tv stations ..

My vote goes by the way my area is acting ..Acting all nice like no shootings then good leaders
Loads of shootings and poverty then not even facebook or the media will change my mind..

I think it's not danger to democracy. Its dangerous to their view of democracy. Facebook is a free platform on which everyone can express their opinion. So facebook is a chance for the parties and politicians who aren't as financially powerful to make an expensive campaign, to advertise themselves. For example, in an election a few years back I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to vote for  the 2 biggest parties, so I was thinking boycott, but I saw a debate on Facebook, and a politician from a smaller party was making some points I really liked, and I voted for them. They did not won, but from that moment they are gaining more and more fans.
fafnir_8nt

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:48:40 PM

for me, not only facebook but all sorts of social media can affect the way you vote, not by preventing you to vote but correcting the vote you'll make. by reading all the opinions and doing appopriate research one can arrive into a better decision of whom you'll give your vote to.
eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:32:58 PM

Social Media in general is a very powerful and risky tool. It has it's pros and cons, that depends entirely on people. I believe
I saw this documentary about the election campaigns between Trump and Clinton, they said Facebook had this massive and
elusive influence on how Trump won that election wherein I think a lot of people where rooting for Hilary to win. Facebook
can affect out views and possibly alter how we perceive people and things depending on how news or facts are presented
and delivered, some stuff we see and read triggers emotions. We are emotional after all, sometimes it clouds judgement.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 03:27:33 AM

Since social media has a significant influence, I think it could change the way I vote. I know someone who doesn’t have a TV at home, so for news and some information, he just rely on Facebook. There are some helpful and some fake news/information, and some are also just the opinions of others. But reading these opinions broadens your mind. It helps you understand both sides then you test their theories in real life or compile the facts to prove it. And that’s how you’re influenced to change your vote.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:33:55 PM

I think it's not danger to democracy. Its dangerous to their view of democracy. Facebook is a free platform on which everyone can express their opinion. ....

Facebook is not "free."

The item bought and sold on facebook is you.
FortFC

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 02:16:04 PM

Even though taking into account that Facebook is one of the biggest and most popular social media it does not make you to go and vote for a canditate just because he or his team purchased your data or personal info. Media noise existence does not push you forward to the election district since it is just you go there by your opinion and not a candiate who abused and violated personal data protection laws.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:44:37 PM

No, Facebook can't change the way I think or the way I vote. But they are indeed a danger for democracy. It's well known they censor conservative pages in different countries because they don't attend to Facebook's ideology. They manipulate informations this way. They choose what kind of informations you can have access, creating a bubble that doesn't correspond to the reality.

For this reason it's better that you don't waste too much time on Facebook and look for informations on another social medias too. I hearded there is a new one called Gab, this one is really decentralized and respect others speeches.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FilesFM_Announcements
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

I think facebook and all social media is an attack on true democracy if its used for Psyops.

I was working for a blockchain company a while ago and we were approached by the Russian government to pitch a blockchain based voting machine.

At first I was impressed and thought that the Russian people were finally wanting a truly democratic society, looking for ways to show voting transparency..but after a while of thinking about the issue.. the military and media have been working along side each other for many years.. homing their skills and they have become so influential they can craft any form of propaganda through their media and social media channels, it doesn't matter if the voting machines are blockchained and free of manipulation..

Today's media isn't.

files.fm library ✦ 
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
Green_Bulb

Activity: 261
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:29:35 PM

I believe our normal TV media stations are more of a danger to democracy than facebook..

All media are danger to democracy. Their main aim is to manipulate public opinion, though they use different ways. Accusation that FB is more of a danger to democracy is pointless.
WiresAreComing

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:00:08 PM

If you can think critically and analyze information, nothing can influence your opinion, especially on the way you vote.

I was working for a blockchain company a while ago and we were approached by the Russian government to pitch a blockchain based voting machine.

At first I was impressed and thought that the Russian people were finally wanting a truly democratic society, looking for ways to show voting transparency..but after a while of thinking about the issue.. the military and media have been working along side each other for many years.. homing their skills and they have become so influential they can craft any form of propaganda through their media and social media channels, it doesn't matter if the voting machines are blockchained and free of manipulation..

Implementation of blockchain technology within voting system is a brilliant idea. Great way to show transparency and impossible to forge, but judging by lack of news about Russia using blockchain-based voting system I suppose your company refused, right?

Speaking about propaganda, it seems not that acute nowadays. People are not that easy to manipulate now, military in Europe has less influence as I can see.
May be different in Russia though, this country still seems to be quite militarized.
WHMOB

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:41:17 PM

FB Can certainly influence alot of things including how people think and henceforth vote. I personally find facebook to be bias in some ways and others not so much. But I am also a southern redneck, Gun Carrying, Hunting, Deplorable, Millennial.
p3rk0

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:02:46 AM

My vote goes by the way my area is acting ..Acting all nice like no shootings then good leaders
Loads of shootings and poverty then not even facebook or the media will change my mind..

I'd say Facebook is more of a minor annoyance? I've long since cancelled mine though. Normal mainstream media is probably more dangerous because they follow the scripts handed down by their corporate masters. Have you seen those videos with multiple newscasters saying the exact same thing layered over each other? Creepy AF!
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 04:04:41 AM

I think it's not danger to democracy. Its dangerous to their view of democracy. Facebook is a free platform on which everyone can express their opinion. ....

Facebook is not "free."

The item bought and sold on facebook is you.
It's "advertising" and is an affiliate of some sort, right? I think that's a great way to market your own product and yourself whenever you have your own stuff going on. At least there is a channel that you could go into and start advertising in it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██